Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Installed Philips H4 X-Treme Vision Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Thumbs up Installed Philips H4 X-Treme Vision Headlights

Ordered from here (no problems):
a u t o l a m p s - o n l i n e

Both headlights on car:
http://members.cox.net/blackbeard200...Headlights.jpg

Both headlights shining on garage door:
http://members.cox.net/blackbeard2003/BothonDoor.jpg

The Philips seem to have less glare, but more light and a whiter light. Can't wait until it is dark!

Glad I changed them. The passenger side connector for the headlight seemed to be drenched in di-electric fluid. Would of only been a matter of time before it shorted out anyways.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:51 PM
Thumbs up They are plenty bright!

At night.

Much better than the stock headlights.

Not sure they are 100% brighter than stock, but a real noticeable difference.

No need for any ballasts, fuses, wiring...

Just change the stock bulbs!

Great suggestion (suggestion was for Philips Extremes-Rated 80% better than stock, these newest ones Xtreme Visions even better!)

Old 03-13-2011, 03:59 AM
Hard to tell in the pictures but I have the X-Treme Power 80 and they're similar in performance. Brighter and a bit whiter than stock but worth the price. Not HID but good and quick upgrade.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:45 PM
Lightbulb Not...

Originally Posted by sometimesjoe
Hard to tell in the pictures but I have the X-Treme Power 80 and they're similar in performance. Brighter and a bit whiter than stock but worth the price. Not HID but good and quick upgrade.
(Not) that hard to tell in the second picture. With the original headlights there is not enough light for the camera to pick up the details of the hinge and the grain of the door. In the first picture the back of the door is grainy due to low light...

http://members.cox.net/blackbeard2003/BothonDoor.jpg

Old 03-16-2011, 09:08 PM
5 Year Member
We've had ours for a while. They do make a nice difference at night. IIRC I made a post about them a long time ago that was ignored in the HID craze.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:17 AM
Could that be the silicone di-electric grease used by Honda to prevent corrosion?

John

Old 12-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Unhappy Well...

Pretty disappointed the bulbs only lasted 9 months...driver's side blew, and usually the other side isn't far behind. Put the factory bulb back in for now...not sure what I will do...is there a warranty for the Philips bulbs? Installed with new rubberized mechanics gloves, and never let the bulb touch anything...

Old 12-13-2011, 12:34 AM
Too bad on the bulbs. If you had finger printed them I don't think it would have lasted nine months. I'm considering the PIAA H4 Series.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:56 AM
That sucks on the bulbs. I would like to try some bulbs like these but would hate to spend the money if they die within a year.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:09 PM
Thumbs down Well...

Originally Posted by Blackbeard
Pretty disappointed the bulbs only lasted 9 months...driver's side blew, and usually the other side isn't far behind. Put the factory bulb back in for now...not sure what I will do...is there a warranty for the Philips bulbs? Installed with new rubberized mechanics gloves, and never let the bulb touch anything...
Just to let you know it wasn't just one quirky bulb the other bulb burned out tonight...both done in 9 1/2 months...like the extra light, but can't afford to keep replacing the bulbs that often...

Old 12-31-2011, 12:44 PM
Thumbs down Contacted Philips...

Who refered me back to the retailer, because they say returns are handled at the retail level. The retailer replied that if I sent in my bulbs, they likely could tell me why they burned out, and doubted they would replace them. They also blamed increase in voltage causing the burnout and asked me to measure the voltage at the lights.

They also said that their high performance bulbs only had half the life expectancy of regular bulbs, but won't say what that is until I send them the bulbs.

Probably will stop buying all Philips products if they don't replace them, post this problem around the web, and will send them the bulbs for a laugh...

Old 01-03-2012, 09:50 AM
I've looked at the data on a few mfg's and see that the life expectancy is an illusive number in all cases. It makes sense that the 'high' performance bulbs go quicker, but 9months is crazy. Hardly worth it. I'm closing in on the PIAA and most likely plugging amber in on the fogs. Too cold to think about it now.