Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

just another happy morimoto mini HID projector user

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member
Does your ballast lose power when switching from high to low? Mines does it and im afraid that it'll mess up my ballast. The solenoid should be the only thing changing, so the ballast should be getting power at all time. I hate how it has to warm up after going high to low....

Last edited by vythai; 08-12-2011 at 04:13 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
Hey I got a question, I know hid planet might have their ways on adjusting the beam as for vertically but how have u guys done it ? I think mine can go a lil bight but not to sure ! I think I have read that u need a dark, leveled out area so u can park ur car 25 feet away from the wall and ur line of beam is supposed to be 2" lower than from where ur projector sit from the ground up! Get it? To say from te ground till where ur projectors are off the floor is 26" high then ur cutoff should be at 24" from the ground up! Isthat the way u do it ? Or is there another way? Any info would be great! Thanks!

Old 08-12-2011, 07:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jdmjunkie561
Hey I got a question, I know hid planet might have their ways on adjusting the beam as for vertically but how have u guys done it ? I think mine can go a lil bight but not to sure ! I think I have read that u need a dark, leveled out area so u can park ur car 25 feet away from the wall and ur line of beam is supposed to be 2" lower than from where ur projector sit from the ground up! Get it? To say from te ground till where ur projectors are off the floor is 26" high then ur cutoff should be at 24" from the ground up! Isthat the way u do it ? Or is there another way? Any info would be great! Thanks!
Thats how you're supposed to do it for halogen headlights.. I assume it would be the same process..

Old 08-13-2011, 02:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vythai
Does your ballast lose power when switching from high to low? Mines does it and im afraid that it'll mess up my ballast. The solenoid should be the only thing changing, so the ballast should be getting power at all time. I hate how it has to warm up after going high to low....
no, it doesn't lose power when switching. are you using the proper harness?

Old 08-13-2011, 03:02 AM
5 Year Member
yeah, you have the procedure right, junkie. just find a nice parking garage with a level floor. I had to readjust mine a few days ago since I went just a bit lower on my coilovers.

Old 08-13-2011, 03:18 AM
5 Year Member
I have this exact one
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...vj71gjpt81i1k5

I emailed them and they said some cars does it. I would think the harness will keep power on at all time.

Old 08-13-2011, 11:57 AM
5 Year Member
I have the 1.0 model of that harness. mine has smaller gauge wiring and resistors. mine don't ever lose power but does sometimes flicker (you can see it get slightly dimmer for a moment and then back to really bright. I attributed that to the car's weak battery not the harness. I'm not sure though because I haven't changed either of those out, yet.

Old 08-14-2011, 06:24 PM
gym
Check your grounds bro... Did you remove the paint from your ground area?

Old 08-14-2011, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
It's hooked straight to the battery negative

Old 08-14-2011, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
gym, not sure if you're responding to me. my grounds are good. on the driver's side, it's hooked to the chassis where the negative cable is hooked to as well. in the pass side, it's hooked to the engine block. I'm thinking it's my battery. it's gone through probably more than a dozen times of full discharge from accidentally leaving my lights on or leaving my radio on while the engine isn't on. it's never failed to start when jumped, though.

Old 08-14-2011, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by drock305
Thats how you're supposed to do it for halogen headlights.. I assume it would be the same process..
Correct, as far as I know. I'll ask others in the shop tomorrow.

Old 08-26-2011, 10:28 PM
Those lights look great for sure!

Old 09-06-2011, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlueBoogers
Correct, as far as I know. I'll ask others in the shop tomorrow.
Well , i still havent adjusted my beam but after this weekend , i did a mini roadtrip and i started driving at night, needless to say, i wasnt getting much light ahead of me.. i def need to rise my beam but before i start messing with it, i want to make sure i get the right directions to do so.. what have you found out for me ? thanks in advance

Old 09-06-2011, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
jdm, i did the 1.5" drop at 25 feet measurement. it's tough since you want to be considerate but having a lowered car may also mean that you won't get the beam as far as you want it to go.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jdmjunkie561
Well , i still havent adjusted my beam but after this weekend , i did a mini roadtrip and i started driving at night, needless to say, i wasnt getting much light ahead of me.. i def need to rise my beam but before i start messing with it, i want to make sure i get the right directions to do so.. what have you found out for me ? thanks in advance
Sorry for the delay! We've been crazy busy at work.

A 2" drop is customary but you can adjust as needed if your car is slammed or the like. If you have a truck that is lifted 6", I surely hope you don't adjust it as a 2" drop.

Old 09-23-2011, 03:26 AM
5 Year Member
I love the way these GE's look with the retrofit. How much does the setup like NPH's cost? I wouldn't trust myself to do it, but I'd be willing to pay...it looks great. I'd just want to paint the headlight housings black while in there.

Old 09-23-2011, 12:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hondafrk
I love the way these GE's look with the retrofit. How much does the setup like NPH's cost? I wouldn't trust myself to do it, but I'd be willing to pay...it looks great. I'd just want to paint the headlight housings black while in there.
there's a sale on Gen 3 Morimoto Mini H1 Bi-xenon Projectors $75 shipped.

then you'll need 35W ballasts (AMP) for $110.

and H1 bulbs for $70.

it seems the general consensus on HIDplanet.com is that the miniH1 is brighter and a bit wider than the D2S that i have but most of them have a "bowing" cutoff. it seems just a few washers in key places on the projector will fix it quite easily, though.

and i do encourage you to do the retrofit yourself though it will help immensely to do it on an extra pair of headlights just in case issues arise. it really isn't too difficult, though with either the D2S or MH1 kit.

Old 10-02-2011, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
Anyone here using the TRS harness? Did you have to do any repinning cause when I plug mines in I only get the hi beam to stay on. I have tried multiple configurations and only the hi stays on unless I unplug the hi beam plug on Mini D2s then my lo beam works. Please help.

Old 10-02-2011, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
yeah. i have the TRS H4 harness version 1.0. from what i've seen, the harness works fine for us GE owners but the GD cars had to re-pin.

ask this fella:
Originally Posted by Thismightnotfit
I got it fixed. It was the pins on the H4 harness from TRS. They were just switched around. It was any easy fix...

Old 10-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Yup, had to move the pins around. It's very simple to do. I found the pinout somewhere on HID planet for the H4 but I'm sure you could find it elsewhere.

Quick Reply: just another happy morimoto mini HID projector user