Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Parking Light repeatedly blowing out.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 07:37 AM
Parking Light repeatedly blowing out.

The left side parking light went out about a year ago. I replaced it. It went out again nearly a week later, and stayed that way until last week. (I'm lazy, what can I say?)
I was hoping that it was simply a loose wire or I didn't install it properly, but the bulb that I put in on Wednesday is already blown. I pulled it when I got home from work last night and it's clearly fried.

I'm using the regular 2827 bulbs, but I see people mention 194 as well. Are those two names for the same thing? I'd love to switch to some of the really neat LEDs, but don't like the idea of dropping ten bucks on a bulb that my car might kill inside a week.
Any thoughts?

Old 08-10-2011, 12:22 AM
5 Year Member
my parking light - LED experience thus far

I switched my factory front parking lights for LEDs almost immediately after I took my fit home. The 194 is another name for the "wedge bulb" that socket uses. I had a similar experience, with one of the LED bulbs going shortly after it was replaced. I thought it was possibly just that a bad LED got sent to me. I had a replacement sent, and it worked fine and then that same side went out. I put my stocks back in, but then later put in my current pair of LEDs (white). Haven't had any issue the currently installed pair, and they've been installed for about 18 months now.

I got all my LEDs from ebay. I would guess you get what you pay for, my first set was cheaper, and from Hong Kong. My second set came from a USA source.

Maybe you'll be luckier?

Old 08-10-2011, 05:17 AM
Thanks for the reply. I was beginning to wonder if I'd killed the forum.
A friends suggested it might be the fuse is supplying the wrong amount of juice, which I imagine could cause the bulb to burn out quickly. I'll see if the car shop can check the fuse tomorrow.