Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Opening Headlights Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 05:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlueBoogers
You're staying in the dark then.
Being old my license is restricted to daylight driving only.

p.s. I slept good last night not having to worry about fixing my messed up headlights.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
Being old my license is restricted to daylight driving only.

p.s. I slept good last night not having to worry about fixing my messed up headlights.
Lol it was worth it. By far. Last night I was next two a c63 amg and together we lit 4 lanes of traffic and the barrier walls plus a good 30 feet in front of us from the middle too lanes. He kept look at me like "wtf kind of car is that?"

Old 11-21-2011, 03:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jamy
Lol it was worth it. By far. Last night I was next two a c63 amg and together we lit 4 lanes of traffic and the barrier walls plus a good 30 feet in front of us from the middle too lanes. He kept look at me like "wtf kind of car is that?"
So you are ready to do friends lights now right?

Old 11-21-2011, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
So you are ready to do friends lights now right?
Yeah, I was thinking about doing my jeeps but the projectors just won't fit in the TJ headlight housings. Gonna probably do a friends accord soon. I'm already ready to put some FX-R's in there or something

Old 03-15-2012, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member
so the whole oven method words great huh? well im in a snag myself, i came across a set of headlights with the retrofit done on it already, and they looked good when i got them in, but anyway i did a lot of reading on doing this but never bit the bullet to do so. but when i asked the other member on what he used to seal them back up, he said he just re-used the stock sealant. and that it never had condensation for him but for me i do have it. there is moisture inside after either 1. i was my car, or 2. it rains enough outside... im getting to the point where i really want to reseal them again. only problem is that this car is my DD. and the spare headlights my car came with, i sold them. but anyway im willing to try and do is but im afraid of messing up the black plastic side of the headlight. but if this method worked for you, i think i want to do it cause i was going to take the heat gun route.......... but dont know.. need to beat the moisture >:0(

Old 03-15-2012, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jdmjunkie561
so the whole oven method words great huh? well im in a snag myself, i came across a set of headlights with the retrofit done on it already, and they looked good when i got them in, but anyway i did a lot of reading on doing this but never bit the bullet to do so. but when i asked the other member on what he used to seal them back up, he said he just re-used the stock sealant. and that it never had condensation for him but for me i do have it. there is moisture inside after either 1. i was my car, or 2. it rains enough outside... im getting to the point where i really want to reseal them again. only problem is that this car is my DD. and the spare headlights my car came with, i sold them. but anyway im willing to try and do is but im afraid of messing up the black plastic side of the headlight. but if this method worked for you, i think i want to do it cause i was going to take the heat gun route.......... but dont know.. need to beat the moisture >:0(
If you have an oven that's large enough to fit those headlamps then you really shouldn't have much problems. Just concentrate on one section at a time and then throw it back in the oven if it starts to cool down. If you want to re seal it, I bought these and they work great:

CRL Sunroof Butyl Sealant Tape: Amazon.com: Home Improvement

I also added some silicone around the outside seams to prevent moisture from entering.

This was my first time doing this and everything went pretty smoothly. Good luck!

Old 03-16-2012, 06:08 AM
5 Year Member
Do I need to swing by there the next time I'm in FL visiting family and seal them for you?

Old 03-16-2012, 08:00 AM
5 Year Member
Do I need to swing by there the next time I'm in FL visiting family and seal them for you?
Dude this would be great!!!! I will have a 12 pack in the Cooler ready for ya! With a Cuban sandwich with ur name on it ! And while u down here , i might as well upgrade to fx-r projectors ! So when should I have it ready?

Old 03-16-2012, 08:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sooner97
If you have an oven that's large enough to fit those headlamps then you really shouldn't have much problems. Just concentrate on one section at a time and then throw it back in the oven if it starts to cool down. If you want to re seal it, I bought these and they work great:

CRL Sunroof Butyl Sealant Tape: Amazon.com: Home Improvement

I also added some silicone around the outside seams to prevent moisture from entering.

This was my first time doing this and everything went pretty smoothly. Good luck!
Thanks for ur input !

Old 03-16-2012, 10:35 AM
5 Year Member
Dude this would be great!!!! I will have a 12 pack in the Cooler ready for ya! With a Cuban sandwich with ur name on it ! And while u down here , i might as well upgrade to fx-r projectors ! So when should I have it ready?
Do you have Mini D2S projectors? I can bring some FX-Rs too in the name of Cuban sandwiches!

Old 03-16-2012, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
Do you have Mini D2S projectors? I can bring some FX-Rs too in the name of Cuban sandwiches!
Yea I got the mini d2s lol but if u in town with the connect y not the fxr lol

Old 03-16-2012, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member
Yea I got the mini d2s lol but if u in town with the connect y not the fxr lol
I should probably have my LS460s finished by the next time I get down to FL. We might as well bump you to FXR3s!

Old 03-16-2012, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
I should probably have my LS460s finished by the next time I get down to FL. We might as well bump you to FXR3s!
LET'S DO IT ! When u coming? Where fo u have fam at anyway?

Old 03-17-2012, 09:02 AM
5 Year Member
LET'S DO IT ! When u coming? Where fo u have fam at anyway?
Orlando & Pompano. Sometime soon. Not sure exactly when.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:07 AM
5 Year Member
Orlando & Pompano. Sometime soon. Not sure exactly when.
Word that's what's up! Orlando is like 2.5 hrs from me and pampano is like 30-45 min away! Hell yea man let me know when u out here