Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

need help finding headlights

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
need help finding headlights

So, I've been thinking lately about replacing my headlights... which I installed some two years ago. https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...halo-hids.html and https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ten-alive.html are the two threads I made about it.

I never got around to setting up the Halos and the "R8-style" LEDs, mostly because I was lazy and didn't want to cut into the OE wiring while still under warranty (but I'm done with the warranty now).

The primary reason for replacing them is because... well, mostly, I just feel like it.

Last two days, I've been noticing my driver's side light output slightly lower then the passenger's side, so that ended up being one more reason. I know, the bulb (and/or ballast in my case with HIDs) going dim doesn't necessitate housing replacement. But I figured, "what the hell, why not."

The problem is, I like dual bulb setups (as opposed to the stock's single bulb)... and there are four designs (for the GE). There was the one used on the concept Honda Fit Mugen F154SC (which incidentally had a supercharger back in 2008). There's the set I have now, supposedly made by "Spyder" brand (still thinking its Euro, and not USDM spec'd). Third is the the one that looks a bit similar to the Spyder headlight... don't know the brand. It's the most listed when you search for "Honda Fit dual projector" (or something like that). And finally, there's the Spec-D Tuning version... or I think they make it.

While its true all four have the basic three lights in a row pattern (low beam, high beam, turn signal). The set I have and the current "popular" one look much similar to each other than to the other two. With the visual difference being the exact layout of the "R8" LEDs. Because of that and a few other tidbits aside, I'm not feeling up to getting that set.

The Mugen setup might've only been made for that one concept Fit... so that's pretty much not an option.

That leaves the Spec-D Tuning version. The problem is, I've only managed to find it listed on two websites... Spec-D Tuning and AVB Sports. Spec-D seems to only want to work with resellers and not directly with end consumers (I sent an email asking where I could find a reseller for that headlight and never got a response). AVB Sports... is based in Belgium.

While I did send them an email asking for confirmation it would fit a USDM Fit (they list on their site its "SAE/DOT approved, NOT E-approved") and then asked for a cost total of the item and shipping it back here (Spec-D is based in California!), I was hoping someone/anyone on the forum knew of a better option with regards to getting them. I recall that someone posted a picture of the headlight a while back, just don't recall who or much else of the post.

*side note, I did find the SKU (2LHP-FIT09-TM and 2LHP-FIT09JM-TM for chrome/black respectively) listed for at least a pair of other sites... but it's more of Google digging in their file listing, than the site listing it for sale.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:50 AM
5 Year Member
Why would you want to decrease: 1) the quality of the housing, and 2) the output?

Old 11-09-2012, 08:10 AM
5 Year Member
what makes you think either would happen?

Old 11-09-2012, 08:11 AM
5 Year Member
Because I sell headlight components 60 hours a week and work on headlights another 20 weekly and know how poor Spyder lights are as well as other halogen projector housings.