Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

DRL inquiry

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 06:21 PM
5 Year Member
DRL inquiry

which wire do i tap into to get the low beam wattage the halogen bulb would get? if it matters, i have HID's installed

Old 10-28-2014, 09:03 PM
I don't quite understand what you're asking exactly.

The DRL system I think uses the high beam filaments, running them at a reduced power level (using a switcher sort of a circuit, producing a fairly high frequency square wave rather than a steady DC voltage). In general, a HID setup does not react nicely when powered in that way. Do you have some sort of relay or separate input for DRLs? Or are you wanting to put in separate DRLs that aren't the HIDs? Or are you just wanting to disable them entirely?

Disabling is most easily done by pulling the appropriate fuse; a quick search here should reveal the right one if it's not obvious from the manual.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DrewE
I don't quite understand what you're asking exactly.

The DRL system I think uses the high beam filaments, running them at a reduced power level (using a switcher sort of a circuit, producing a fairly high frequency square wave rather than a steady DC voltage). In general, a HID setup does not react nicely when powered in that way. Do you have some sort of relay or separate input for DRLs? Or are you wanting to put in separate DRLs that aren't the HIDs? Or are you just wanting to disable them entirely?

Disabling is most easily done by pulling the appropriate fuse; a quick search here should reveal the right one if it's not obvious from the manual.
i have HIDs installed, but the DRL function didnt work with the bulbs so i pulled fuse 8. but since the DRL function kept activating when i put the parking brake down, i figured there was a wire i could splice into to run to fog lights or whatever i choose to install for DRL; just looking to see if anyone knew which wire it was