Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

OPT7 LED bulbs

Old 10-18-2015, 07:54 AM
OPT7 LED bulbs

So I purchased a pair of H4 Fluxbeam LED headlight bulbs.

I am not absolutely sure if I installed them correctly. They work and their aim looks good however I am a little concerned about the weather seal.

Unlike a few other brands, the heat sync doesn't seem to be removable. So once the bulb was locked into place, I threaded the weather shield through its wiring and have it covering the heat sync.

So basically the weather shield is covering the head sync. The wire comes out of the weather seal's hole in the middle.

I'm wondering if this is the proper way to install this because I'm a bit concerened moisture will enter the lamp OR the heat sync is not gett sufficient air to keep the unit cool.

Thanks for any help.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member
I have something similar, but left the rubber dust shield completely off because no way would it fit correctly back on with the leds in. The fans would eventually get loud and wear out. Once they do, the leds get fried. They seem to last about 6 months to a year.

Just ordered these and hopefully they will last longer due to no fans to break.

The led allow me to see the road much better than the oem bulbs, plus there is no glare like hids without retrofits.

Old 10-30-2015, 10:36 AM
I figured out how to install in correctly but I have a new problem with glare despite proper aiming.

Old 10-30-2015, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator
post a picture against a wall. i still have doubts about these LED headlight bulbs.

Old 01-05-2016, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by PJ Villaflor
I figured out how to install in correctly but I have a new problem with glare despite proper aiming.
I'm thinking about this kit for my 2010 Fit. Did you resolve the glare issue? Still happy overall w/the OPT7 kit?

Old 01-05-2016, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by JoelR
I'm thinking about this kit for my 2010 Fit. Did you resolve the glare issue? Still happy overall w/the OPT7 kit?
Nope, I bought a different pair with a glare shield then my problem became it was too dark. I think I'm just going to go for the philips brand ones that are $200. Or just use HIDs.

Old 01-05-2016, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member
HID's do not work properly in any Free Form Reflector headlight.. ( the type the fit has)

You will get glare and angry oncoming drivers..

None of the 200 dollar halogens are worth the money.

I have good luck with good old OSRAM bulbs from Germany. Your wiring is only good for about a 55 watt max bulb. You'll need relays for any more power.

Its interesting because in general my 07 fit headlights are nice, not like the Cibie's on my jeep,, but very nice. Even if I leave the foglight off. Are the reflectors dirty in yours? if they get dusty they lose light output in a hurry.