Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

HID intall issues!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 12:49 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by accordguyintake
The reason why you'd want higher amp fuses is that initial power is more than stock bulbs, this probably wont be an issue if you have a relay to use the battery power, but if it's hooked up straight to the headlight harness, then most likely your fuses will blow
i think thats only for hi/low kits. for just low beam kits, a new fuse is not needed. my first and second low beam kit had no relay and i ran those without issue. my new set that are hi/low have a relay.

Old 07-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the input, I haven't tried changing the prongs for fear of f*kin somthin, I have hooked the HID directly to the battery and it fired up, I also tried hooking the same prongs on the stock halogen to the battery with the same results. Howver when I hook the HID kit to the stock plug as directed I get nothing but the hi beam(halogen only when Hi beam is set to On Posn). Still sound like the prongs? I have a canadian car with DRL could this cause an issue?

Old 07-11-2008, 02:44 AM
5 Year Member
oh yes... Hid kits should not be operated with daytime running lights IF the daytime running lights are powering up the low-beams. If they are turning on your halogen high-beams then that isn't the issue.

It just seems to me that your kit needs too much juice and that your stock harness isnt giving it enough. So the best thing to do at this point is to just purchase a relay harness and install it so that it draws power directly from the battery, i dont know how the high beam will operate after but it would definitely fix the low-beams.

Here is a site that sells their kits with harnesses Vision Bulbs i would recommend asking them if they could sell a kit that would work with your halogen high beam setup, that way you dont have to try and buy a kit and find out it's not what you're looking for