Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

What do you guys recommend for Led headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 04:30 PM
What do you guys recommend for Led headlights?

Hey guys, I’m new here. I have a 2017 Honda Fit Ex.

For the headlights low/high beams I’m thinking of purchasing this: H4 Philips 12953BWX2 LED Bulbs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013DHXKK8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_xgItCbKCC6Y7R

for the fogs this: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F143054094348

and for the map, doors, and license plate lights these: Partsam 31mm Canbus Error Free LED Light Bulbs for Interior Lights Map Dome Door Courtesy Light Bulbs DE3021 3175 -White 4Pcs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LP4RWYC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_9jItCbCDZKJGW

anyone have experiences with these? And is there anything else you’d guys recommend? I just want a set up where I won’t blind oncoming drivers and still have excellent visibility. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

Old 01-27-2019, 05:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GKFitty
anyone have experiences with these? And is there anything else you’d guys recommend? I just want a set up where I won’t blind oncoming drivers and still have excellent visibility. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.
Good luck with that... it's pretty hard getting the right type of LED to work with H4.

The current LED set I have and the one right before it have a bit of a dark spot directly ahead of the headlight. That is inherent with the two side LED layout as there's no light shining straight up in the middle of the reflector, like a normal H4 bulb would. And yes, low beam actually shines UP in the reflector (reflects downward), while turning on high beam, triggers the filament that also shines downward into the reflector bowl (and of course, that reflects up).

I had a set before these two, by AUXBEAM, it uses a triangular setup, where two of the three sides shines upwards. This has the benefit of no dark spot of the typical two side LED setup, in fact its bright straight forward of the headlight... but it makes it MUCH harder to aim away from oncoming drivers, because it doesn't have a bowl blocking the LEDs in low beam from shining down onto the reflector portion for high beam. I ended up aiming the whole thing down quite a bit... but it still managed "usable" light, until one of the bulbs went bad.

I think an ideal LED would be a three sided bulb, BUT with a reflector bowl for low beam.

Wait, you might think, what about two sided LED that have up/down sides instead of left/right sides? Well, in those cases you lose some of the ability to see to the sides... if they were actually made. I haven't seen any with such layout for H4. The few that are supposedly two sided for top/bottom were for other bulb types, which don't quite work the same as H4. In H4, both top/bottom sides can have LEDs for high beam, but only the upper side can have LEDs for low beam... all the two sided LEDs I've seen have the same layout on both sides.

Edit: Oh, another issue. If you read the Q&A section of Amazon’s page for your headlight bulb, there is a question about if it works with DRL and the answer is no, there’s another product code for that one. The two two-sided LEDs I’m using/used both triggered the DRL light on the dash when they’re in DRL only mode. It goes off once I turn the headlight ON (high or low, either is fine, so long as it isn’t just DRL). The AUXBEAM, however, did not trigger that dash lamp.

I currently have another set on the way that I want to try and see if they're any better...

Last edited by Goobers; 01-27-2019 at 06:32 PM.
Old 01-27-2019, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
I’ve been “de-lighted” with these for the past year in my Fit.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...set/3929/8565/

Old 01-27-2019, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
I’ve been “de-lighted” with these for the past year in my Fit.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...set/3929/8565/
And I've been de-lighted with the same for the last month, and got the fog lights too which are also awesome.

Old 01-29-2019, 06:44 AM
I'm currently using the fog light you mentioned, as for the low/high beam, i was looking at that as well, its too bad it's only sold in japan, my philips fog is still working in ontario, as of right now, quality seems to be ok, will continue to see how it goes.
ps. try and see if you can buy it on amazon japan, could be cheaper with the conversion + ship