Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

MORE Fit Bargains from Costco

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 06:45 PM
Banned
Talking MORE Fit Bargains from Costco

Hi again-
I hate to sound like a salesman from Costco lurking on this forum, but I found another high quality, low priced, interior accessory on sale at my local Costco store- Sheepskin Seat Covers that fit around the side air bags. I do not work for Costco, but thought that some of you might be interested in the following:

I don't know about the rest of you, but I hate the way that the velvet seat covers of my BOM AT Fit grab onto lint. The black velevet really looks ugly with collected crap, expecially animal hair. When I picked up my Fit at the dealer, I mentioned that my next stop would be the nearest Costco to buy a set of Sheepskin Seat Covers, and he warned me not to waste the money because they would not work with the side air bags. I checked anyway, and he was right. The lint on my seats has been bugging me ever since.

Today I noticed a new display of Sheepskin Seat Covers at my local Costco that WORK with side air bags. Same brand and quality that Costco has always sold (I had one set that lasted 14 years). The new design still costs $37.99 each (you need two), and they have sides that are open right up to your shoulder. They close at the bottom of the air bag area with a little cinch belt velcro closure. As with the earlier versions of their Sheepskin covers, these are extremely plush and comfortable both in summer and winter. The same two colors are available, light tan/blonde and Charcoal.

It took me about an hour to install the new covers, and because they come with storage pockets in the back, now I have a pocket in the back of both seats.

Will post photos of the seat covers and the dash cover in the next day or two.

Happy New Year-
Dave

Old 01-01-2007, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member
Will post photos of the seat covers and the dash cover in the next day or two.
Please do post them -- I'd like to see how they look, and how it is they do not interfere with the airbags. My brother owns pets that shed quite a bit, and I've had a bit of a problem with pet fur in the car after he's been along for the ride.

Then again, I don't think my Costco has seat covers for sale -- unless they keep them where the tires are located?

Happy New Year!
Bill

Old 01-01-2007, 02:02 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by PurrfectFit
Please do post them -- I'd like to see how they look, and how it is they do not interfere with the airbags. My brother owns pets that shed quite a bit, and I've had a bit of a problem with pet fur in the car after he's been along for the ride.

Then again, I don't think my Costco has seat covers for sale -- unless they keep them where the tires are located?

Happy New Year!
Bill
Hi Bill-

I assume that there are some differences between most Costco stores but don't know about differences between here and Canada in Costco's marketing. The Costco stores around my area of California usually have a separate tire warehouse & service center away from the rest of their retail store. The auto accessories are usually found in one aisle of the regular store and in that aisle you will find radar detectors, auto batteries, cases of motor oil, etc. That is where I found the new Sheepskin seat covers. They are folded over metal coat hangers with thick paper labels and surrounded by zippered plastic bags.

Costco does not show these covers in their on-line store. But at costco.com in the auto accessory dept., Coverking makes waterproof (and pet hair-proof I assume) neoprene (wetsuit material) custom fit seat covers. As I recall, there are many colors available including black, and the price is about $65.00 US per set of two (they make them for the back seats as well).

These carry the usual money-back guarantee and can be returned for refund at your local Costco store.

I will still post photos---

Dave

Old 01-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Banned
Costco Interior Accessory Photos

Again, I don't represent Costco, but I do appreciate their low prices, high quality, aqnd money-back guarantee. These products filled some of my requirements and look good without costing much. The dash cover is $20.00, the Bumper Bib is $15.00, both from the Costco on-line store, and the seat covers cost $37.99 each bought from a local Costco warehouse store (not on-line). Note the open sides for the side air bags and upper seat lever.

[IMG][/IMG]

Happy New Year--
Dave

Old 01-02-2007, 10:11 AM
5 Year Member
No pun intended, but they "fit" well!

Amazing all the goodies that are out there for this car.

I'm awaiting my arm rest that I ordered from Singapore from

sales@maxdax.com that I learned about on this forum.

Hopefully it will be here soon (21 days via snail mail, and of course it needs to clear customs also).

Later,
Bill

Old 01-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Banned
Hey, Bill-
I bought the same product from Zeta Products. It shipped today from stock via UPS and will be here in a week. It did cost me around $30.00 more than yours, but your review convinced me that this was the armrest that was worth buying, that plus my phone conversation with Angelo at Zeta discussing the interior capacity. Thanks for sharing your info--
Dave

Old 01-05-2007, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
you got a bigger pic of that dashcover? lol
looks good.

Old 01-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Banned
No, that was as big as I could make it.
Actually, I just forgot to shrink it to Email/website size with the tools on imageshack. A smaller photo would have shown the cover off better.
Dave

Old 01-07-2007, 12:02 AM
Wow great deals~! Manxman! I know my local Costco does not have these stuff... I wonder if Seattle or Bellingham costco would have them? Anybody know?

Old 01-07-2007, 12:10 PM
Banned
Keep in mind that the dash cover and Bumper Bib were ordered from Costco.com from the auto accessories dept. Only the seat covers were bought at my local Costco store. Unfortunately, since their store sizes vary, so do the types of items being carried in the aisles. Try asking a customer service rep. at your store if they can special order for you, or direct you to the nearest store that carries what you want.
Dave (your Costco poster-boy)

Old 01-07-2007, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member
armrest / console

Hey, Bill-
I bought the same product from Zeta Products. It shipped today from stock via UPS and will be here in a week. It did cost me around $30.00 more than yours, but your review convinced me that this was the armrest that was worth buying, that plus my phone conversation with Angelo at Zeta discussing the interior capacity. Thanks for sharing your info--
Dave
Your welcome -- it's not the very best console around, but considering the pricing of the others, and what I wanted it for, I have no complaints, and it does the job nicely. My CDs don't annoy me like they did before (since I no longer keep them in front of the shifter), although it would have been nice if the armrest could hold more of them, but, this keeps me moving them back and forth from the house, and keeping the selection fresh.

Then again, I've started using the MP3 layer connection, and that's a great way to go too!

Later,
Bill

Old 01-11-2007, 11:24 AM
I saw that your side airbag was partially obstructed by the seat cover -- You should at least try to adjust it so it clears the airbag. If it is fully covered by any part, cut a hole for the airbag. You can create a really bad situation for yourself if the airbags do go off and they are obstructed by a seat cover. Even though it is ideal to have no covers at all, if you're going to have them on, make sure the little plastic square is cleared of any material.

I'm not trying to sound nit-picky, just wanted to give you the heads up.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:33 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by barelyinaudible
I saw that your side airbag was partially obstructed by the seat cover -- You should at least try to adjust it so it clears the airbag. If it is fully covered by any part, cut a hole for the airbag. You can create a really bad situation for yourself if the airbags do go off and they are obstructed by a seat cover. Even though it is ideal to have no covers at all, if you're going to have them on, make sure the little plastic square is cleared of any material.

I'm not trying to sound nit-picky, just wanted to give you the heads up.
Thanks for the advice, however, you can't see in the photos that the bottom of the air bag cutout is only a small velcro strap. The explosive release of the air bag will have absolutely no trouble in passing through the loose fit of the seat cover sides. The sides are completely open from shoulder to seat except for the tiny strap just below the bottom of the air bag.