Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Armrest, questions, answers, comparisions photos

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
Selling my JDM Armrest Console (Southern CA Only)

Hey Southern CA,
I have a "BASE" Fit and the Imported Armrest Console that I bought from College Hills Honda doesn't fit the base model. Check the classified section to see the sale.

Old 04-23-2007, 01:43 AM
5 Year Member
Do you have an AT or MT?

Old 04-23-2007, 03:32 AM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hatchgeek
Do you have an AT or MT?
I have a Base Model AT Fit and the armrest comsole will not fit it.
The Imported Console will Fit the Sports Model AT and I can only assume that it fits all MT models.

Old 06-03-2007, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mikeyfiend
I don't know why it bugs me so much, but that silver hinge makes the whole thing look so cheap. Otherwise, that looks like a great armrest.
You could always use a permanent black marker and paint the hinge,,,

Old 06-06-2007, 06:03 AM
I think the reason could be because the Base Model autos since they dont come with paddles have more options on the actual selector... thus making it a more longer shape. They probably installed it on a sport which is only "PRNDS" not "PRND321"... make sense?

Old 06-23-2007, 12:00 AM
Armrest

I have ordered the Armrest from Japanparts.com on June 15th, and I got the part on June 21st. Pretty fast shipping. My hubby installed it for me today, finished the whole installation in half an hour, easy, for him.

We have taken tons of picture of our installation. If you need the instruction, just hola, I will post the it step by step with pictures.

I am so happy that I got this part and satisfied the outcome. The console just matches the car perfectly, I highly recommend it!

Old 06-23-2007, 12:28 AM
5 Year Member
looks good.im gonna have to get me one.nice handle cover by the way

Old 06-23-2007, 01:18 AM
5 Year Member
Where did you get the hello kitty pink covers on the eboot and shifter. My gf might like those.

Old 06-23-2007, 08:40 AM
I got the Hello Kitty covers from ebay haha... get them for your gf, I am sure she will love it and love you more!!

Old 06-23-2007, 03:39 PM
Old 06-23-2007, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
funny how it costs more to ship then the actual item

Old 07-02-2007, 02:33 AM
can't believe I just read all 18 pages of this tread.. lol ... looks like after reading this thread it has re-confirmed my decision to get the JDM console.. I've always been a JDM whore with my other Honda's... just seems to look the best.. and I don't even have a Fit......... YET!

Old 07-02-2007, 02:54 AM
5 Year Member
Becareful with the JDM armrest though, I've heard of people saying that its a little too high for MT cars, which got in the way when shifting. Just something to keep in mind...

Old 07-02-2007, 04:01 AM
5 Year Member
I don't have a problem shifting at all. This was by far the best add-on I've done so far. Of course it might be that raising the seat an inch and a half like I did might be the difference in shifting comfort. Between the two, I just got back from a 3000 mile trip to Fla. and it was a pretty comfy ride. Kinda expected to need traction or a Swedish message, but all was good.

Now if somebody could tell me what the heck those two slots on the front of the removable cup section are for.......

Old 07-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by LiL Wee FIT
Becareful with the JDM armrest though, I've heard of people saying that its a little too high for MT cars, which got in the way when shifting. Just something to keep in mind...
hey man.. good to see a familiar face on this forum ... ya I thought about it.. from the pictures it looks sorta high.. and if I were to consider the Mugen SS it would drop the height of the shifter as well....

so far when I read throught the 18 pages of this thread only one person had that problem of it sitting too high, and I'm assuming the rest that got it have 5MT???

Old 07-02-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by bmp956
I don't have a problem shifting at all. This was by far the best add-on I've done so far. Of course it might be that raising the seat an inch and a half like I did might be the difference in shifting comfort. Between the two, I just got back from a 3000 mile trip to Fla. and it was a pretty comfy ride. Kinda expected to need traction or a Swedish message, but all was good.

Now if somebody could tell me what the heck those two slots on the front of the removable cup section are for.......
Fit's have height adjustable seats??

Old 07-02-2007, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
No, didn't mean to imply that. I just put some longer bolts with washers to raise it. Seriously huge comfort improvement, at least for me. With the steering wheel so darn close to the dash the further back I adjusted the seat the more outstretched my arms were. I figured the only solution was a vertical one, not horizontal.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:10 PM
No, didn't mean to imply that. I just put some longer bolts with washers to raise it. Seriously huge comfort improvement, at least for me. With the steering wheel so darn close to the dash the further back I adjusted the seat the more outstretched my arms were. I figured the only solution was a vertical one, not horizontal.
so even with the telescopic wheel adjusted all the way out it didn't help? how tall are you if you don't mind me asking?

Old 07-02-2007, 02:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Canadian_R32
so even with the telescopic wheel adjusted all the way out it didn't help? how tall are you if you don't mind me asking?
Ah, I see your from the Land of the North. Unfortunately for us USDM Fitters we don't have the telescopic option, only tilt. I'm only 5'8", 32" inseam, but I couldn't get any thigh support without sending the seat all the way rearward, but seeing as I don't have the armlength of a circus freak I had to go with only other option I could.

Here's the link to what I did. No fancy pics, no disclaimer, just an explanation.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-leg-room.html

Old 07-02-2007, 02:23 PM
Ah, I see your from the Land of the North. Unfortunately for us USDM Fitters we don't have the telescopic option, only tilt. I'm only 5'8", 32" inseam, but I couldn't get any thigh support without sending the seat all the way rearward, but seeing as I don't have the armlength of a circus freak I had to go with only other option I could.

Here's the link to what I did. No fancy pics, no disclaimer, just an explanation.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-leg-room.html
You know what, now that I think about it I don't think we have telescoping either.. I've only test driven the car once.. and I don't recall adjusting the wheel... I'm about 5'10" with 34" inseam and found the seating position to be quite comfortable.. mind you it was only a 10-15 min test drive... I'm just worried with the JDM arm rest and the SS kit it will be a akward resting position in relation to the shifter...

Quick Reply: Armrest, questions, answers, comparisions photos