Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

aftermarket head unit questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 07:41 AM
aftermarket head unit questions

Hey folks, I just got my new 2008 NBP base Fit Monday. I knew the sound quality would be less than stellar, but had no idea how bad. I did some reading after finding the site last night, and it sounds like the headunit might be the best place to start. I was initially going to get two sets of Infinity 6.5" shallow speakers for the doors. Everything I've read thus far says start with the headunit. I am wondering how an aftermarket headunit integrates with the dash. I want to keep it clean looking, and not entice vandals, so I like the stock look. I travel to Baltimore for work frequently, and the neighborhoods around my accounts are pretty unsavory.

In my last car, 01 Civic EX sedan, I had the factory unit, some Polk 6.5 two-ways up front, and Alpine 6.5s in the back shelf. It sounded good to me. I liked the clearer mids and highs. I don't need to rattle other cars and frighten children. I primarily listen to my Sirius for Stern, and then it's CDs - mostly rock.

Some of the key factors are going to be looks, ease of install, and ultimately price. That's why I figured the speakers would be a good starting point, but apparently not. Kind of kicking myself for selling my old Pioneer HU and 4x75W amp now... Of course, I also didn't think I was going to get a new car so soon.

Old 04-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Just have a check through some of the threads in, it's all ee covered over and over. There's a thread with tons of different head unit pics along wih the 2 dash kits available for the fit.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:22 AM
Thanks. It looks as though for fit dash kits, the better option is Scoshe. Out of curiosity, anyone know if these are readily available, and if they've been improved from last year? The in-dash Nav kits look slick as hell. I'm just afraid that if I put one of those in, it will get pilfered while I'm in Bmore or Philly. The unit getting stolen would be bad enough, but I think we all know what happens when people just want to steal your shiz...