Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

My system/alarm install in my '08

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 10:56 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
the FA-110, is that the only (most current) piggy back for our alarm? I got the "upgrade" alarm from Honda, and wonder if this will do more than i already have. I am looking for something that will allow me to roll down my windows, much like my wife's 08 Accord.

also on an alarm side note of sorts, when we bought her car, she opted to not get the karr alarm deal. they plugged this jumper thing into a socket, if i take that out, will this enable the ignition kill?

Last edited by gimme; 08-27-2008 at 10:58 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:00 AM
5 Year Member
question, you mentioned that you could move the seats down and what not, but can you still recline the seats? and put it into refresh mode?

Old 08-28-2008, 03:04 AM
5 Year Member
also, the pdx's didnt fit where u wanted it to? the jl's are actually a bit longer and wider than the pdx's but they're thinner... so is the pdx too thick to fit where u wanted it to originally?

Old 08-28-2008, 06:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gimme
the FA-110, is that the only (most current) piggy back for our alarm?
I have no idea what every other alarm company out there may or may not have..... i ran across this one by searching the net for "factory keyless upgrade", bought one and installed it...

Originally Posted by feared
question, you mentioned that you could move the seats down and what not, but can you still recline the seats? and put it into refresh mode?
I think you are totally missing the fact that the amp is in the cargo area behind the rear seats.... which as far as i can tell don't fold back or have a "refresh mode"

Originally Posted by feared
also, the pdx's didnt fit where u wanted it to? the jl's are actually a bit longer and wider than the pdx's but they're thinner... so is the pdx too thick to fit where u wanted it to originally?
i am not sure where you are getting or reading ideas like this from... my original post says, and i'll quote

"great little amp although it's not little enough to fit under a front seat like the popular JL amp everyone on this forum recommends"

I wanted this Alpine amp, and i knew from the get go that it was too tall to mount under a front seat.... i have absolutely no problems with where it is mounted now.. as it has lots of room to breathe, is mounted sturdy, and most importantly of all, is out of the way

Old 08-28-2008, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
ijust wanted clarification on the seats and the amp, since you only said fold down, i wanted to know if the sub box got in the way of refresh mode or reclining the rear seats, and i just wanted clarification as to why the pdx's didnt fit under the front seats, sorry if i assumed you wanted it in the front.. thats all.. thanks for the info!

Old 08-28-2008, 04:34 PM
hey Z, you think you can write a separate write-up just for the alarm alone? i am intereted to see how it gets done

Old 08-28-2008, 04:45 PM
second

Originally Posted by vile10
hey Z, you think you can write a separate write-up just for the alarm alone? i am intereted to see how it gets done
I'd like to see that as well. I'd bet there are lots of people that would like to upgrade the sport's "alarm" system. That autopage 110 module was available online for around $100.

Old 08-28-2008, 05:08 PM
5 Year Member
Does anyone know if this alarm will work with a base Fit that had honda keyless entry added?

Old 08-30-2008, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by itsmeb*tches
Does anyone know if this alarm will work with a base Fit that had honda keyless entry added?
yes, all it does is what the stock doorlock wires to get it's cue to arm/disarm.... it doesn't matter what kicked it off

Old 09-09-2008, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
Gotta give you major props for one of the most ingenious and well thought-out designs I've seen for the Fit. Incredibly functional and completely stealthy. Awesome job!!

Old 09-09-2008, 10:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by feddup
I'd like to see that as well. I'd bet there are lots of people that would like to upgrade the sport's "alarm" system. That autopage 110 module was available online for around $100.
$100?!! i got mine for something like $65 at a local shop i am pretty sure (i had the windows tinted too and it was priced in with that)... then again, this was the 4th car i've had tinted there.. maybe he just gave me a break :-)

Originally Posted by BigBadMadMan
Gotta give you major props for one of the most ingenious and well thought-out designs I've seen for the Fit. Incredibly functional and completely stealthy. Awesome job!!
Thanks for the post...

Made the purchase of a Rockford "shallow mount" 10" woofer today which will let me mount it facing down, i look forward to freeing up that space taken by the hanging Kicker woofer i have now

And still trying to decide what to do for front speakers... i've got a set of Image Dynamic HLCD's that i love to death... i need to take the time to see if i can squeeze them under the dash

Old 09-09-2008, 10:43 PM
knowledge

You do appear to know what you're doing and are comfortable with tweaking the electronics. I've got some buds who are electronics FREAKS (compliment) and they're working on what's available for "factory keyless upgrade" . Hell you can't search or shop for something if you don't know it exists. Thanks for the leads. I already repped you.

Last edited by feddup; 09-10-2008 at 12:36 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-10-2008, 12:34 AM
hey z did u already do the DEI 545T Headlight module yet? if so can you share the info how to?

Old 09-19-2008, 09:53 AM
5 Year Member
an update

So the other day I got a new woofer in, a Rockford Fosgate P3SD210 10" 2 ohm DVC Shallow Sub

It's great in that it's only about 3.5" deep, so now i am able to mount the woofer inside the box pointing down.... this freed up space that my "hanging" Kicker woofer took up

Here's the woofer ready to be mounted

And here it is in it's new home..... giving me more storage space

And to answer the question about the 545T above... yes, it's installed.... i've got the module for it mounted behind the glovebox out of the way, and the relays are mounted by the steering column where i tied it into the headlight wire (Red/Blue if i am not mistaken) and parking light wire (Red/Black).. with those wires, the driving lights will also come on automatically if there are in the "on" position

Next for the system will be trying to squeeze my Image Dynamic HLCD's into the front

Old 09-20-2008, 03:25 AM
could you post a pic of where you connect the wires?

Old 09-20-2008, 08:36 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry, don't have one

Old 09-21-2008, 02:12 PM
5 Year Member
Allow me to back off my previous reply... the wires for headlight and parking lights are located right here

Old 12-15-2008, 07:13 PM
Sorry for the big bump.

I am planning to install an alarm/keyless-entry system on my Fit LX. Do you know what gauge the wires in the gauge assembly is?

I would like to use T-Taps or Scotchlok connectors to tap the OEM wires, and need to know which size to buy.

Was there enough room in the gauge assembly to fit the alarm module, or did you install it in the kick panel?

Thank you!

Old 12-15-2008, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
There's room back there if you loosen the gauge assembly

As for T-taps or Scotchlocks, especially Scotchlocks, i do not recommed either if you are looking for a long and trouble free install.... but if you must the OEM wires are very low gauge, red versions would be best

Old 12-19-2008, 03:47 AM
Originally Posted by MorningZ
There's room back there if you loosen the gauge assembly

As for T-taps or Scotchlocks, especially Scotchlocks, i do not recommed either if you are looking for a long and trouble free install.... but if you must the OEM wires are very low gauge, red versions would be best
Thank you for your reply.

Is there any secure mounting locations behind the gauge assembly, or should I not bother with detaching it at all?

I am wondering why you do not recommend Scotchloks? The connections appear identical to those of T-taps.

I am hoping to use the 3M UB2A connector with sealant if possible, but I guess the OEM wires are lower gauge than 19 AWG?

Thanks again!

Quick Reply: My system/alarm install in my '08