Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

GPS Holders For '09 Fits

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 12:41 PM
Banned
Thumbs up GPS Holders For '09 Fits

Good news from ProClipUSA- they now have a GPS mount that attaches to the driver side 'A' pillar. I had this unit on my '07 Sport, but could not use it on the '09 because the 'A' pillar on the '09 is much larger. I just ordered the new pillar mount bracket, and will attach my existing GPS holder to the new pillar bracket.

My experience with this in my GD3 was perfect in every way- a solid mount with tilt/swivel articulation for the GPS unit, and the bracket is easy to snap off and store out of sight if you leave your car for long periods in a parking lot (to eliminate attracting theives to break in and look for the GPS that goes with the holder that they can see unless you hide it).

For GE owners who want a great GPS holder, you need to order both the vehicle mount for the pillar, and the appropriate device holder for your brand of GPS unit, cell phone, or whatever kind of gadget you want to mount to your interior. The device holder mounts with screws to the vehicle bracket to make a single unit that clips without screws or tape to the pillar.

The vehicle mount for '09 Fits is p/n 804276, price is $29.95.

ProClip Mounting System *-*Choose Your Country

Last edited by manxman; 02-26-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Banned
New info. concerning the above post:

I REALLY liked the ProClip GPS holder that I used in my GD3, and kept it for use on my new GE. Unfortunately, it didn't fit, so I ordered the new vehicle mount for the GE. This one did not work as well as the older model for a couple of reasons. So I modified the new ProClips bracket by bending it slightly with the aid of a heat gun.

I emailed the manufacturer with the details of the mis-fit and how I fixed it. They immediately replied that they are removing this item from the market until they have changed the production design to incorporate my change in demensions.

They will send me the corrected part, and I promised to return my modfied one to them in exchange. This is a reliable, very high quality manufacturer.

If any fitfreak member has bought this GPS holder for their '09 Fit on my recommendation and it does not fit properly (it probably won't), either call or email ProClipUSA and they will take care of you, or PM me and I will tell you exactly how to modify your new bracket to properly fit your car. Simple to do- but you do need a heat gun.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Has anyone used this product on an 07? I have an 07 Fit Sport, and I'd like to attach a Garmin Nuvi 2660 from Costco. Think it'll go well?

Old 03-07-2009, 12:15 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by thetakingtree
Has anyone used this product on an 07? I have an 07 Fit Sport, and I'd like to attach a Garmin Nuvi 2660 from Costco. Think it'll go well?
Use the search button- there was a fairly long thread back in '07 including photos and multiple reviews.

Old 03-07-2009, 12:27 AM
having a hard time finding the thread. litttle help?

edit: found it.. looks pretty slick.

Last edited by thetakingtree; 03-07-2009 at 04:26 PM. Reason: idiocy
Old 03-07-2009, 09:35 AM
5 Year Member
I have an 07 with this product. I have 4 devices attached to it, using both horizontal and vertical extension plates (Garmin nuvi 360, ipod classic, tire pressure monitor, and Valentine remote display). It works well even as overloaded as mine is. I recommend it.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:44 AM
Banned
having a hard time finding the thread. litttle help?
I found the threads, but there are too many to link them all here. Use these search words: "Pro Clip GPS Holder". You will be convinced about the ProClip brand, but many other GPS holders are also discussed in the multiple threads.

Old 03-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by spreadhead
I have an 07 with this product. I have 4 devices attached to it, using both horizontal and vertical extension plates (Garmin nuvi 360, ipod classic, tire pressure monitor, and Valentine remote display). It works well even as overloaded as mine is. I recommend it.
That sounds great! Can you post a picture?

Old 03-07-2009, 04:36 PM
Banned
That sounds great! Can you post a picture?
There are plenty of pictures in the threads in post #7.

Old 03-07-2009, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by manxman
There are plenty of pictures in the threads in post #7.
indeed. but i think it would be cool to see with all of the extensions!

Old 03-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Banned
Gotcha! I have not seen that many devices on one holder either. I would like to see how spreadhead can get his door closed and reach the steering wheel with that many gadgets hung on a single mount on the 'A' pillar.

Two votes so far for a photo, spreadhead!