Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Anyone using a JL cleansweep instead of an AM deck

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Anyone using a JL cleansweep instead of an AM deck

Sounds like the perfect solution for keeping your factory HU with an upgraded stereo.
The JL cl441dsp provides all the sound correction and high voltage outputs of a high end aftermarket deck but you get to keep your factory deck and its only like $200.

Anyone using one?

Old 07-09-2009, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member
The Cleansweep product is great and I've used it in a few applications. It helps when the HU you are working with is pretty decent. I think the original HU in my 2007 was dogshit, so I didn't consider it at all. To each their own.
If you think your stock radio can produce a nice sound up to 1/2 or 5/8's of it's overall volume, then use the Cleansweep.

Old 07-10-2009, 07:32 AM
5 Year Member
I have the Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 in another vehicle. You can adjust is just like an aftermarket deck using a PDA with Bluetooth. I'm happy with the sound.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:41 AM
5 Year Member
The RF 360 is a nice piece as it includes a summing. Summing with the JL is a second piece to add only if needed. The JL product uses the highest grade discrete circuitry. I don't believe RF does that.

The real differences are in equalization. At the source level is where the JL does it's job. You insert a CD and press a button and it zero's out the factory HU curve that is there only to make up for the poor response curve of the OEM speakers since they cost only a few dollars.

With the RF, you have to EQ the car trying to correct for the source level's poor performance (electrically), and then acoustically as every vehicle's interior effects the linearity, phasing, and overall sound quality. If you have the perfect speaker with smooth, flat response curve, it will change when you put it in a car.

I know stores that own Audio Control meters. They couldn't properly EQ a car if they tried. They may think they do, but they are simply Audio Control owners, and not masters of the technique or device. With that said, how would a consumer properly adjust something like this.

I would recommend the JL version, and then add an EQ to adjust for taste from there if you wish. The better speaker product you use, the less need for changes. I have dual 30-band EQ's in my Fit, but they are there to correct for acoustical/interior issues. Very little alteration was made.