Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Wink mirror! Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
Exclamation Wink mirror! Please help!

Ok i just got a wink mirror for my fit and need to know how everyone has put them on the fit. I cant put it on the windshield bec i have the front top tinted. And all ive heard is bad things about the windshield ones. Please post pics of ur setups and diys. I need help!

Old 10-27-2009, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
take off your sun visors n use those mounts is the only other way I can think of.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shazaam
take off your sun visors n use those mounts is the only other way I can think of.
Damnit i want to find a way to use my visors too. Ill figure it out eventually but no one has one anymore and wont post any pics of it.

Old 10-29-2009, 05:18 AM
5 Year Member
This one's for you...

Originally Posted by xonexlifex
Damnit i want to find a way to use my visors too. Ill figure it out eventually but no one has one anymore and wont post any pics of it.
Here you go:

Wink Mirror Install... - Honda Fit Forums

Cheers,
-macbuddy-

Old 11-26-2009, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
Instead of drilling or aligning the wink mirror to the right, did anyone install it using both visor mounts and having it sit in the middle? I know that you'll need some extra hardware from a hardware store, but I'm having trouble installing this thing as well.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EightyFour
Instead of drilling or aligning the wink mirror to the right, did anyone install it using both visor mounts and having it sit in the middle? I know that you'll need some extra hardware from a hardware store, but I'm having trouble installing this thing as well.
ok so i figured out how to do it. What i did is took out the bolt to head rest closest to the windshield and bolted a flat bracket from the hole. Then i drilled into the flat brackets where the wink mirror brackets shuld be and slapped all the screws on and presto it was done easyas that. Get the thickest bracket could find. I hope this helps.

Old 11-27-2009, 11:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xonexlifex
ok so i figured out how to do it. What i did is took out the bolt to head rest closest to the windshield and bolted a flat bracket from the hole. Then i drilled into the flat brackets where the wink mirror brackets shuld be and slapped all the screws on and presto it was done easyas that. Get the thickest bracket could find. I hope this helps.
Got any pics? I kinda understand what you are saying...

Old 11-27-2009, 01:17 PM
Yeah can we see some pics xonexlifex

Old 11-27-2009, 03:38 PM
5 Year Member
If anyone is trying to install this thing and realized that the Wink mirror is about an inch too short, I finally figured out a way to install it without doing tons of modifying. I went to my local Walmart and bought two L brackets and looked in my toolbox for some screws and nuts. I then put the two L brackets together to form a U and that was enough to fill the original gap. I'll take pics of both my rig and of the package so you guys who are looking to install your mirrors can buy the same stuff if you choose to install your mirrors the way I did.

Old 11-28-2009, 12:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EightyFour
If anyone is trying to install this thing and realized that the Wink mirror is about an inch too short, I finally figured out a way to install it without doing tons of modifying. I went to my local Walmart and bought two L brackets and looked in my toolbox for some screws and nuts. I then put the two L brackets together to form a U and that was enough to fill the original gap. I'll take pics of both my rig and of the package so you guys who are looking to install your mirrors can buy the same stuff if you choose to install your mirrors the way I did.
This is exactly wat i did but i had to take the L brackets down bec i got thin ones and they bent real easy. So if ur guna use L brackets then get thick ones. I havnt posted pics bec i usually check the forum on my iphone and i dont think theres anyway to post pics from my phone. But ya thanks to u maybe everyone will have a good idea wat i was talking about. Wen i finally get my pics up im sure they will help too.