Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Few questions for audio work in Fit

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Few questions for audio work in Fit

I recently bought a 2010 Honda Fit Sport w/o Nav (yesterday, to be exact). I get comments all over the place about it.

I want to get a better audio system in it.

So I have a few questions:

1. If I get a sub, will I also need to get a new headunit?

2. If I get a sub, will I also need to get a amp? Because my guess would be if I just get a sub, all it's going to be is pure bass.

My dad is experienced in wiring and electronics of that sort, so he'll be able to do all that. I'm also thinking of building my own box to fix along the back seats (Because of the angle they're at) and putting some blue LEDs with it.

If anyone could suggest a good (but reasonably priced) head unit, amp and sub, that would be great. I don't know what I want exactly, because I don't have much experience in this stuff. I'm a computer guy myself.

I'd also like to know what you all have in your Fit's, headunit, amp, and sub wise. Pictures would also be great

Last edited by Wahe; 04-13-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
Getting a sub doesn't require a new hu. A sub would require an amp since the one in your hu will not be sufficient. You can also get a sub enclosure with a built in amp.
As to what to get you have to figure out what features and how much power you want. Go to local audio stores or chain like Best Buy to check them out in person. As for brands just stick with reputable brands like Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine, etc. and you should be good.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by Fitting
Getting a sub doesn't require a new hu. A sub would require an amp since the one in your hu will not be sufficient. You can also get a sub enclosure with a built in amp.
As to what to get you have to figure out what features and how much power you want. Go to local audio stores or chain like Best Buy to check them out in person. As for brands just stick with reputable brands like Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine, etc. and you should be good.
Alright, thanks a lot, you really helped me. Probably going to go to Best Buy today or tomorrow and see what all they have there. I know if I really want to buy something, order from crutchfield. Thinking of having my amp/bass box along the back of the back seats, but not too big to where I can't get the spare tire out. I think 8s would be sufficient, not to loud, but not overpowering.