Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Factory stereo with sub

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Factory stereo with sub

Hey everyone, I have a few questions for the audio gurus. I just bought an 08 Fit Sport and I happen to already have a power wire, remote wire, ground, sub, amp, and I just bought the scosche adjustable LOC. I want to try and do the install myself but I have a few concerns. I want the remote wire to be wired to a toggle switch utilizing the punchout by the fuse box. I also was wondering exactly which wires I need to tap into. I only want to use the amp for one 12" sub. I've heard of a few people saying that I can tap into the rear speakers. Does that mean that I just hook the LOC by the back panel wherever I choose to access the wires? I would feel better if I could wire the LOC to the back of the factory stereo. Does any one know the wire colors that I need to tap into? Approx. how long do you think this install will take?

Old 06-09-2010, 10:12 AM
wow, I'm in the same boat

I want to install mine before a 6 hour road trip this saturday. I just got a scosche LOC myself from amazon (should arrive fri night) and I was hoping it would be a standard sub install, but I've never done a LOC, only RCA from aftermarket headunits.

Here's wiring info:

I was hoping to skip removing the head unit altogether, and install the LOC in the rear by the rear speakers, and run the cabling to the battery, and use a speaker wire as the remote on for the amp. Is this harebrained?