Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Need Recommendations

Old 01-17-2013, 01:39 AM
Need Recommendations

I need advice on speakers for my 2013 Fit Sport. I'm getting a Pioneer AVH-X2500BT, which has an 8-band EQ. I do not want to get an amplifier because I already have a class D monoblock sub amp in the only place I'm OK with having an amp -- inside the wheel of the spare tire, under the hatch floor -- and there ain't room for another one. If pressed, I could replace that one, but money is tight right now, so that would have to wait 6-18 months.

Should I replace the stock tweeters and get components like the Polk db6501's? Would the Pioneer HU supply ample power with only 14W RMS, keeping in mind that those Polks have a very high sensitivity rating of 92db? If I got those, what do I put in the rear doors?

Or should I leave the stock tweeters and get 4 identical 2-way speakers, such as the Polk db651s?

I've seen some recommendations not to bother with the rears, or even to disconnect them entirely... any truth to that? I suppose if I disconnected them I could connect the rear output to the front speakers in addition to their existing wires, thus doubling the 14W RMS to 28W RMS... right?

Thanks for any help, electrical wizzards.

Old 01-17-2013, 02:16 AM
5 Year Member
If you replace anything up front it would be with a set of components that take care of the mid and the tweeter. Running any set off the radio won't do them justice so I would wait and do it right when you can afford it. If you run the components off the radio you will run the risk of clipping the amp and possibly damaging the components.

As for the rears, it's up to you. When I had my Fit I disconnected them, and in my Accord they are disconnected. If you tend to carry passengers they may appreciate a little sound, even if its from the OEM drivers.

Old 02-03-2013, 01:06 AM
5 Year Member
I remember when I had the same dilemma. Like lashlee said; do it right, you need a proper amp. If you want decent sound you need a good sound source and a good amp that will have enough power to move the speakers. A poorly designed speaker will sound better with a good amp; a good speaker will sound much better, if any better at all, if the source is unable to supply it and there is not enough power to move the speaker and reproduce it.

If I were you I'd run a headunit, amp, and components in the front and back . It's really a matter of what you like and how much money you have. Listen to a car with 4 speakers and then the same car with 8 speakers and ask yourself which one sounds better; then you should be able to answer your own question.