Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Share your MODE stories.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 09:42 PM
5 Year Member
Share your MODE stories.

Yesterday I decided to relax after work. It's too hot to be at home, so I decided to head out west.

I drove out to docks where they launch fishing boats to the bay. There is a public parking area that's right next to the waters.

I parked to the curb facing the city skyline. Proceeded to set up my tackle and fished with some plastics for about an hour. Caught a nice 13" bass and decided to keep it to make some tacos. Tossed it in the cooler to keep fresh. The sun had set so I decided to give up on cranking the reel.

Tucked everything away and placed the passenger seat to Refresh mode. Rolled down the rear windows for a nice breeze. I pulled out my laptop and popped in a movie.. Ended up watching Spy Games for the next two hours with the audio hooked up to the car's AUX. Awesome movie! After that I had some battery left on laptop so I connected to Zone.com through the hotel across the street for wifi. Played Texas Holdem for another 40 minutes and then called it a day.

I gotta tell you, not only do I enjoy driving the FIT, it has given me another way to enjoy my day. Sitting there watching a movie and looking up to the awesome downtown skyline at night. I can't wait to take it out for a real road trip. Waking up in the morning and enjoying a hot cup of coffee in the middle of nowhere.

I may be strange, but that's my idea of fun.

What are YOUR plans or what have done with your FIT? Please keep it clean and inspirational .

Andy

Last edited by fm2n; 08-13-2006 at 10:04 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:14 AM
5 Year Member
i have a feeling all of em are gonna be refresh mode stories lol. well here's mine....

AFter working 4 hrs at the hospital during hte morning shift, i hit my lunch hour at 1. Well i wasn't really hungry so i decided 2 test out my car's refresh mode (it was the first time i set it in refresh mode). Well, parking in the doctors parking lot (only on weekends) its covered AND security proof so u can't get in w/o a badge. newayz i plugged my laptop into the car's AUX port and i rolled down the backseats and i was listenin 2 music while surfing fitfreak! 20 minutes into it i was getting kinda tired and bored so i decided 2 close it up and take a lil nap.

I then woke up at 2:30, 1/2 an hr late after my lunch ended. So im like WTF, wiped the drool off my face, and ran back upstairs, only to find upset patients waitin for me to come back from lunch. Luckily i don't have a supervisor on weekends and my friend covered me until i got back.

Old 08-14-2006, 01:32 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
I want to use the cargo mode but can't...cuz the trunk already has too much space!

Old 08-14-2006, 01:38 AM
5 Year Member
The only "mode" stories I have that are interesting are the dirty mode stories. But I'm keeping those to myself!!

:P

Old 08-14-2006, 09:10 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
While waitting for my gf's class to get out I was able to roll down the windows and lay back in refresh mode listenin to the radio.. I think I fell asleep for a few mins which made my gf upset because i was supposed to be waitting for her or something i guess... anyways.. it was worth it! i needed that sleep hehe

Old 08-14-2006, 09:30 AM
Ok - stupid question for those that hook their laptop up to the aux input - what kind of cable do you use? (I've never used the aux input yet!!!!)

Old 08-14-2006, 09:32 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by trowpa
Ok - stupid question for those that hook their laptop up to the aux input - what kind of cable do you use? (I've never used the aux input yet!!!!)
just a 1/8 headphone jack.. one that has two male plugs and a STEREO type.. you can get them from radio shack for like 6bucks

Old 08-14-2006, 09:36 AM
cool - thanks lol didn't even know I had an output on my laptop... heheh never plug anything in it that's not usb

Old 08-14-2006, 09:37 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by trowpa
cool - thanks lol didn't even know I had an output on my laptop... heheh never plug anything in it that's not usb
yeah iam pretty sure you got a headphone jack.. just plug it in there

Old 08-14-2006, 11:50 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Just last night the wife and I were coming back from out-of-town, so most of the back was full. We decided sort of impulsively it was time to buy a grill! We stopped by Sears before we got home. After we got the box, I tried using Llama mode (seats up) but the box was too wide, so we flipped the longer bench down for 60% cargo mode and the huge box fit in perfectly! The box was probably 2'x3'x4.5' or so, and weighed at least 50 pounds. The Fit swallowed it whole.

Old 08-14-2006, 12:17 PM
thats pretty cool, i never thought about using the AUX jack for laptop audio, lol
all i thought about was using it for my MP3 player

Old 08-15-2006, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
Got a semi-frantic call from my wife wanting to know how to set up refresh mode. She had received a call from my daughter's summer camp to come and get the child as she had injured her foot. Refresh mode proved to be very helpful over the next few days as her food healed up! Thanks Honda!

Old 08-15-2006, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
Talking

Not really sure which "mode" you would classify this as but we had an all weekend soccer tournement and since it was ungodly hot we borrowed a canopy to set up. Unfortunately it did not break down all the way. The bag was about 6 ft long! So we folded down the larger side of the seats and at a small angle it fit! Along with all our chairs, coolers and equipment bags! Plus my son still had room on the smaller seat to stretch out and fell asleep leaning on a pillow against the canopy on the way home!
I also love the empty space under the seats since my kids can put their backpacks there and they aren't whining about them taking all the room in the backseat!
Damn, I LOVE this car!

Old 08-20-2006, 05:53 AM
offcourse refresh mode. Every time I am dating a girl we usually end up in refresh mode having deep intelectual conversation. ironicly usually every time I end up breaking up with a girl...its also done in refresh mode. go figure.

Old 12-25-2006, 03:07 AM
5 Year Member
I had little problem getting to refresh mode. When I pulled the front seat all the way to the front and lowered the seat it was hitting on the back seat. I'm like... what the... so I figured out that I had to raise the back seat as well and put the seats down together squeezing them alittle. I like double checked if the seat was all the way in the front and it sure was.

Did anyone had similar problem? Did you all just had to lower the front seat and not touch the rear seat?

Old 12-25-2006, 03:13 AM
5 Year Member
dont worry jimmyparky yes u gotta recline the backseats a lil for the refresh mode to be perfect.

Old 01-10-2007, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
I'm planning to take one of these home today... Assembled. With ramps and ready to rock.

HS724TC.<2>.

Does that count?

Old 01-10-2007, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
My wife and I took a spontaneous camping trip to Bruce Peninsula National Park in November, when the frost had already hit. We only had an old tent, 2 blankets, an air matress, and our brand new Fit. We lasted maybe 1 hour in the tent shivering before we realized we made a terrible mistake. We decided that we would sleep in the car to stay warm. Of course refresh mode was the most obvious choice, at the time! It was dark, and too damn cold to try figuring it out for the first time, so I just dropped the front seat backs down to the rear seats (without doing the lifting technique, which I now know how to do properly), and fell asleep, still shivering. When driving home, we realized for sleeping, it would have been much more comfortable to just put it into cargo mode, and slip in the air matress that we had left in the tent, which happens to fit perfectly in the hatch. Now that's luxury "camping".

Old 01-11-2007, 12:47 PM
June 2007 3rd Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
Rode with two of my friends. After we got some slurpies at 711, I drove around town. My friend sat behind me while my other friend wanted to relax in refresh mode on the other side. He was still able to wear his seat belt and stretch out his legs. They kept saying that, "this car rocks." I kept saying, "Don't spill the slurpies!!"

Old 01-11-2007, 06:18 PM
5 Year Member
I've not got my Jazz yet (only a few days away now). But I'm already planing a trip for the summer vacation. I'm going to put my bicycle (fully mounted with wheels and everything on) in the back. I have testet and the bisycle fits.
With my BOB YAK trailer, a tent, sleeping bag, and other camping stuff in cargo bay.
Put in some Future Home of geocaching coordinates in my GPS and drive away north into my country. Planing on using the cargo bay as both sleeping area for quick camping and cargo storage in transit. And using the refresh mode when sitting and surfing the net with my laptop hooked up on my cellphone to search for clues for the next geocaching visits. And to make plans on the maps for the next day.

I've already tried this with a Toyota Yaris Verso, but the cargo bay was to short to sleep comfortable and the front seats has no refresh mode...
But the rest functioned well, only it was only a two seater car and I had to put the bisycle diagonaly to make room for it in the cargo bay

Last edited by F0NIX; 01-11-2007 at 06:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Share your MODE stories.