Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Cargo liner, questions,answers, advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by BargainSeeker
I have received a response to the email I sent to japanparts.com. They now have the Honda Fit luggage mat on their website. At 12,100 yen, their price is considerably higher than the price of 9,790 yen given for the same part at Suzuki motors. However, their website is in English rather than Japanese. I have sent them a follow up email asking if they will match the lower price.
I have not received a response to my price matching request from japanparts.com. Perhaps they found the request offensive in some way. Who knows?

It looks like the buying choices come down to 12,100 yen in English from japanparts.com or 9.790 yen in Japanese from Suzuki motors (plus shipping in both cases). If I decide to get one, it will be from Suzuki motors with help from a Japanese speaker. If I do, I will post the shipping cost. To be honest though, I am not at all sure that a cargo liner is worth $150 +/-.

Old 09-13-2006, 10:49 AM
I agree it is too much, but I snowboard and on the way home from the mountain I don't wanna wreck the back of my seats with all the melting snow and a cargo liner won't cover it all. I was looking around for a Jazz liner hoping it would be compatible but I noticed in pictures the Jazz seemed to be split 40/60 as opposed to the US 60/40, can anyone confirm?

Old 09-13-2006, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by MisterFit
I was looking around for a Jazz liner hoping it would be compatible but I noticed in pictures the Jazz seemed to be split 40/60 as opposed to the US 60/40, can anyone confirm?
From the picture of the Ultra Mat shown in the European Honda Jazz accessories catalog (pg 3), it seems that rear seats in Jazzes are split the same way as rear seats in USDM Fits. From the Japanese Honda Fit accessories catalog (scroll down), it seems that the same is true of the JDM Fit. I would therefore expect that an Ultra Mat/luggage mat bought from either Europe or Japan would fit a USDM Fit.

Good luck finding a UK Honda dealer willing to ship accessories overseas. I have tried but have had no success so far. When it comes to marketing accessories over the internet, UK Honda dealers seem to be stuck in the stone age.

Old 09-13-2006, 11:44 AM
Thanks, I have a feeling I'll be getting the regular cargo tray and keeping a towel or something in the back during the winter!

Old 11-10-2006, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
Moving blanket

I don't know how many of you guys have Harbor Freight stores in your area, but I picked up a couple of these moving blankets for $3.99 each. (It looks like they're online for $2.99 each!) They're not really that thick, but at that price they'll still help to protect your interior when you're hauling stuff.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=93162

Old 11-10-2006, 08:05 PM
Love my Harbor Freight! I can vouch for those blankets as well, I purchased 2 of them - use them for hauling stuff to protect the interior, and throw them down on the garage floor when I'm working on/under the car. Highly recommended, especially at that price.

Old 11-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Haha, reminds me of the time I worked for the A/V department at my school, and had to move equipment left and right, from building to building, in a rickety school van We had larger versions of those blankets, but we never used them... no wonder the equipment was always banged up

Old 03-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Cargo net vs. Cargo Organizer

Has anyone purchased either one of these? (Cargo net or Soft Cargo Organizer like the ones for the Pilot) Things keep sliding around in my trunk and I need something to prevent that.

Old 03-20-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by isis151miu
Has anyone purchased either one of these? (Cargo net or Soft Cargo Organizer like the ones for the Pilot) Things keep sliding around in my trunk and I need something to prevent that.
I haven't found a need for either. But if you want the cargo organizer, I've seen those at Target for around $15 if I remember right - can't recall the color, but it works the same way. Big $$ savings over OEM....

Old 03-21-2007, 09:39 AM
5 Year Member
Cargo net

I have the cargo net and like it. Will hold 3 or 4 bags of groceries and keep them from moving around as you drive. It has a good attachment system so that it is easy to clip on and off depending upon your needs. I think it is well worth the money.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:32 AM
5 Year Member
I have both - rarely use the net. Looked at Target cargo organizer and decided that Honda's product was a much better design for me.

I'm sure there will be times when I remove the organizer and use the net.

My dealer had them at list price, BUT I printed out another dealers web prices, and my dealer matched them. Saved a bunch that way.

Old 05-03-2007, 08:25 PM
Full cargo liner (w/back seats down)

I never use the back seats....just me, my dog and muddy boots,gear ect.
any ideas re: who could make/sells a liner for the back with the seats down? tnx

Old 05-03-2007, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
you may find something a an aftermarket truck shop (you will probable have to cut it yourself)

Old 05-03-2007, 09:36 PM
i bought one. it's called a luggage mat. made by honda. got it from japanparts.com ( its on page 4 of the honda fit section, 3rd from last in interior).

i was expection a hard-ish rubber, but it is softer than i thought, still, a good part IMO.

Last edited by arsonall; 05-03-2007 at 09:37 PM. Reason: added opinion
Old 05-03-2007, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
i just looked at it, how does it install and how does it hold up to dogs?

Old 05-03-2007, 10:03 PM
it uses velcro to attach to the back of the seats, nothing for the bottom, just holes for where the metal loops are. never put a dog in it, so i dont know.

Old 05-04-2007, 03:23 AM
i bought a blanket from wal-mart and use the front seat head rest to secure it. it is large enough to cover with the back seat down. But my dog loves to sit at driver seat while I'm not in the car and he can sqeeze to the front seats from the side, so I still end up putting him in a cage when I go out with him.

Old 05-26-2007, 02:50 PM
Rear Cargo Mat?

Is there an option to purchase a full rear cargo mat? I do have the one that covers the back area, but I'd love one that fully extends when the rear seats are down (utility mode). Right now I'm just using a regular tarp, but I'd love something designed for this.

Thanks.

Chris

Old 05-26-2007, 05:58 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Rear Cargo Mat

I just visted Auto Zone and purchased a cargo mat liner which they had for cars and then one for larger SUV's. They are made so you can cut them to fit - it has everything sectioned off for easy alterations. You may try one of those. I purchased the one for 16.00 and it is clear - they did have black and grey also. I just spent $322.00 on accessories for my Fit so did not want to spend another 74.40 for the cargo liner. This will do the job of protecting that space. Hope this helps!

Cat :X

Old 05-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Hi, this might help. Luggage mat OEM part # 242-010-007

http://www.japanparts.com/db/parts_detail.php

Quick Reply: Cargo liner, questions,answers, advice