Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Cargo liner, questions,answers, advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 02:04 AM
Originally Posted by cooperfit
Hi, this might help. Luggage mat OEM part # 242-010-007

http://www.japanparts.com/db/parts_detail.php
Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for!

Chris

Old 05-31-2007, 10:45 AM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
What does "won't fit with seat cover" in the item description mean? Also, the site appears to be broken, as I can't put in my state, and it won't give me a price quote without it!

Old 05-31-2007, 07:35 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by ctxcrossx
Is there an option to purchase a full rear cargo mat? I do have the one that covers the back area, but I'd love one that fully extends when the rear seats are down (utility mode). Right now I'm just using a regular tarp, but I'd love something designed for this.

Thanks.

Chris
If you are a Costco member, costco.com auto accessory dept. has two- one made by Michelin (2' X 3') and another cargo liner, both items cost under $40.00.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:15 PM
i own the japanparts one, but i don't see it on their site anymore. does what you are looking for. it is two pieces, the back seat piece has strips of velcro around the edges to attach it and a zipper where the 60/40 split is. bottom is just cut to size and has small cut-outs where the anchors are (each corner). material is floppy rubber--it hasn't happened, but i think it could rip if stabbed with a sharp box.

What does "won't fit with seat cover" in the item description mean?
velcro might not attach to back of any seat cover i imagine if you have something that the velcro will attach to, it'll work. or you could just sew a mating strip of velcro (the fuzzy side) to the back of your seat cover.

Old 10-24-2007, 09:41 AM
$20 Cargo Tray is perfect for my 2008 Fit!

Didn't want to spend $80+ for a piece of thermoplastic, so I researched and found a $20 Cargo Tray that works great in my new Fit. It arrived last night and I love it. Here's the link: It's a Highland Black Universal Trunk Tray. It's 28x34, so it fits perfect in the 28x40 cargo area of my Fit, with 6" left over on sides of cargo area. I use those 6" for extra folded towels which come in handy here in Ft Lauderdale with the beaches. It's heavy duty with a 100 year warranty (that's right - 100 years). Shipping is free if you buy something else so total order is $25 or more.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter
I don't know how many of you guys have Harbor Freight stores in your area, but I picked up a couple of these moving blankets for $3.99 each. (It looks like they're online for $2.99 each!) They're not really that thick, but at that price they'll still help to protect your interior when you're hauling stuff.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=93162

this was a great idea, once i found a harbor freight in my area i went and picked up a 70x80 blanket for 10 bucks. its more than enough to cover my entire back when i put the seats down.

Old 02-23-2008, 08:03 AM
5 Year Member
with 2 bags groceries in cargo area...got home...found gallon milk leaked in back. man, dried milk on carpet sure stinks. i picked up the honda cargo organizer soon after that. it sure helps make sure no more stinky milk accidents.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:11 AM
Full cargo liner

I have 2 boxers that I transport at least once a week, and the dog hair is ridiculously difficult to get out of the fabric. I tried laying down a blanket, but they move it around. And they love rubbing themselves against the back of my front seats!

I think I am going to make my own liner that will cover the entire back area, with seats down, plus the back of the front seats. To do this, I will just buy an inexpensive, machine washable twin comforter. I'm thinking of either using velcro or ties in certain areas to hold it in place. So I can have the same thing that sells on autoanything for $300, for under $40. If anyone is interested, I'll post pics when its done.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Boz
Im uber anal about the theme or mood my car has. I need everything to match. I brought the custom rubber cargo mat honda offers. It was like 76 bucks but worth it. Fits nice and looks nice with all black.....

The dealer will try to charge you about 110 for this and knock it down about ten to act like your buddy. Dont fall for this!!!!!

Go to Honda Fit Accessories - Genuine Factory Honda Accessories, made by Honda for your Honda.

They have good deals on honda accessories and I havent had a issue buying from them....

Hope'd that helped

Old 10-20-2010, 10:23 AM
Hi All,

I don't know if this deserves it's own thread (?) but a friend and I produced a DIY trunk liner that has been working like a charm. Instructions are here:

Honda Fit – Liner Mod

Questions/comments welcome here or on his page!

Cheers,
Damian

Old 12-01-2010, 06:27 AM
Originally Posted by dbradley
Hi All,

I don't know if this deserves it's own thread (?) but a friend and I produced a DIY trunk liner that has been working like a charm. Instructions are here:

Honda Fit – Liner Mod

Questions/comments welcome here or on his page!

Cheers,
Damian
Nice job there!

Old 01-31-2012, 12:51 PM
Maximum protection cargo liners ... for dogs

Looks like this thread may have fizzled out a bit, but I'll post in hopes that others have some current ideas on the topic.

My newly acquired 2012 Fit will be driven around ninety percent of the time with the rear seats down, and my dogs in tow. I therefore need the best cargo liner I can find.

No end of them protect the floor of the cargo area but not the sides. That won't work for me. The one from Honda is nice enough: it protects the floor, of course, but it does *not* protect the interiors of the rear doors. I'm therefore looking at two others. One is from "Hatchbag" (SUV Cargo Liner | Hatchbag Inc. Cargo Liner). The others (two versions) are from US Trunk Liners (http://www.trunk-liners.com). These seem to offer the maximum protection possible.

Any other Fit owners out there hauling dogs around, with one of the above products or a similar one?

Many thanks!

Old 12-14-2012, 10:11 AM
5 Year Member
I just purchased a Husky cargo liner through Auto Parts Way for my 2013 Fit Sport. $79.82 shipped. Husky makes a very well constructed cargo liner. It is superior to the Honda cargo liner (I used to have a 2009 Fit) in fit and construction.

Old 10-09-2015, 05:06 PM
Foam under spare tire delete

Hi, I don't know if any of you all on this thread can help; but I own a 08' and i'm trying to remove the black foam like stuff from under the spare tire and have found no way to do so. Any suggestions??

Thanks

Old 04-21-2018, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter
I don't know how many of you guys have Harbor Freight stores in your area, but I picked up a couple of these moving blankets for $3.99 each. (It looks like they're online for $2.99 each!) They're not really that thick, but at that price they'll still help to protect your interior when you're hauling stuff.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=93162
Thanks BH! I just picked up the large blue one (a bit more expensive at 8.99) and it's perfect for covering the cargo area and the back seats in the upright position. Now I just need to add a universal back floor cover for $20 and I have saved something like $400 in overpriced Honda accessories!