Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

will ScanGauge II work with USDM Fits?

Old 11-03-2006, 10:49 PM
5 Year Member
just got mine yesterday. nice piece of equipment. Is there a way to save the readings and recall them later. i am planning and doing a snapshot before and after several performance mods. It would be a real pain in the ass to try and write them down while i am driving...not to mention unsafe.

Old 11-04-2006, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member
scangauge is comming up with another product add on to save the data. I'll post the link if I can find it again.

Old 11-04-2006, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by leonine
just got mine yesterday. nice piece of equipment. Is there a way to save the readings and recall them later. i am planning and doing a snapshot before and after several performance mods. It would be a real pain in the ass to try and write them down while i am driving...not to mention unsafe.
Not that I'm aware of for what you're doing or trying to do. The only thing you save is the setup and calibration. There was an eBay seller that was taking names for people that would be interested in hooking it up to a pc and saving the trip data but I don't think what they were talking about would be the data you want.

Haven't seen anything on scanguage.com about it and don't know if the eBay seller is still on eBay taking names.

I think what you're looking for is along the lines of the Auterra Dyno-Scan either pc if you have a laptop or palm if you have a palm. I have it and a palm but I still haven't fount the "level road" to get good readings on. If it's fairly calm tomorrow I may go to the dragstrip and try again.

Here's the website for it http://www.auterraweb.com/. You can get it off eBay from "davektm" he works for auterra but he wont leave any feedback for you and you have to get the CAN model otherwise it wont work on the Fit at all. I paid $209.95 USD for the palm one.

There are other products similar to it as well so it's best to look for just what you want. You may like one of the others better.

Old 11-04-2006, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by claymore
Sounds good thanks guys. Looks like the stock setup drawing air from the fender is pretty effective.
You're welcome claymore. Yes it helps keep the intake temp. down.

Old 11-23-2006, 07:50 AM
5 Year Member
Also yesterday I was about 30 minutes in traffic in town for speed from 0-20 km/hr.
So the out temp was 17 degree C and the intake manifold was 39!!!!
And I have the stock air box.

Old 11-23-2006, 08:23 AM
5 Year Member
That's a pretty big difference. Still 39 degrees C isn't too bad.

Old 11-23-2006, 01:16 PM
Here's my setup:

If you notice, both my intake and water temp is high. That's due to 15min of idle inside an indoor parking lot. Normally, the intake temp is about 1-2 degrees higher then outside temp; whereas the water temp is about 80-85 when driving. The fan kicks in at about 100 degree, and shuts down at about 95

Old 12-09-2006, 12:48 AM
i was thinking a more optical display. kinda like this:
http://www.drewtech.com/products/dashdaq.html

not out yet, and it is kinda big, though....6.25"W x 2.75"H x 0.875"D

Old 12-09-2006, 07:53 PM
5 Year Member
that is sick! i love it.

Old 04-21-2007, 05:18 PM
just ended up ordering a SG. i'm expecting a nice fuel info system. those that have this, does the fuel info really help?

Old 04-21-2007, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by arsonall
just ended up ordering a SG. i'm expecting a nice fuel info system. those that have this, does the fuel info really help?
Don't know what kind of "help" you're expecting from it but it's nice to be able to get an idea of the current MPG at a glance. You'll sure see the difference between having a headwind or a tailwind and how they effect the MPG.

You'll need to try and fill up the same way each time i.e. level surface, stopping at the first click, in order for it to keep track accurately. With only a 10.8 gallon tank a little change can throw it off.

I recently found that if the car is sitting facing down a grade when filling up it will take more than a gallon more fuel than if it's sitting on a level surface due to the fuel tank design.

Old 04-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by arsonall
Yes, it's a great help. It shows you current trip mileage, todays average, yesterday's average, tank average and many more. Very useful device.

Old 04-23-2007, 08:02 AM
5 Year Member
My opinion is that there is a mistake about Scan Gauge software.
If one car is running on a down street road if not press the acceleration petal and if the revs is above of 1.500, the cpu of car is closing completely the fuel injectors because there is not reason to work at idle speed because the engine is working about braking while is downing the street.
At Scan Gauge now, as long as the revs is high so much the M.P.G. or KM.H says more consumption but this is wrong.
At this time the engine has zero consumption.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:08 AM
kps
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Originally Posted by Kostas
My opinion is that there is a mistake about Scan Gauge software.
If one car is running on a down street road if not press the acceleration petal and if the revs is above of 1.500, the cpu of car is closing completely the fuel injectors because there is not reason to work at idle speed because the engine is working about braking while is downing the street.
At Scan Gauge now, as long as the revs is high so much the M.P.G. or KM.H says more consumption but this is wrong.
At this time the engine has zero consumption.
Correct. The problem is that the Fit ECU keeps reporting non-zero fuel injector pulse widths even though it is not actually injecting fuel.

Apparently there is no standard OBDII method for indicating fuel cut-off. Supposedly the Scangauge does detect (or guess) cut-off in some other cars, and we can hope that a future upgrade will do it on the Fit, based the ECU reporting open loop at minimum throttle.

Old 04-23-2007, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member
Im considering getting one of these myself

Old 04-27-2007, 02:29 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
This is awesome! I'm going to get one as soon as I have the funds. I think the (nearly) instantaneous MPG readout can do more to increase efficiency than anything else.

However, can anyone tell me, or better yet, post a picture of, where it plugs in? I couldn't find any connector on my Fit.

Old 04-27-2007, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
under the bottom of the dash next to the fuse box there is a black plastic cover. pull that off and look up near the right front corner and you will see it. I'm workin on my ride tomorrow so i will try to take a pic.

Old 04-27-2007, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LizardKing
This is awesome! I'm going to get one as soon as I have the funds. I think the (nearly) instantaneous MPG readout can do more to increase efficiency than anything else.

However, can anyone tell me, or better yet, post a picture of, where it plugs in? I couldn't find any connector on my Fit.
Just below the dash at the drivers right, above the throttle pedal.

Old 04-27-2007, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by spreadhead
Just below the dash at the drivers right, above the throttle pedal.
Yeah what he said. But you will have to remove the under dash cover to see it i believe.

Old 04-27-2007, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by leonine
Yeah what he said. But you will have to remove the under dash cover to see it i believe.
No cover to remove.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: will ScanGauge II work with USDM Fits?