Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

The Official Blackberry Pearl Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
rough edit from last night

Last edited by cwapface; 10-24-2007 at 07:51 PM. Reason: updated pic
Old 10-22-2007, 03:04 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Looking hella fresh cwapface! +repped!

Old 10-22-2007, 04:35 PM
Retired Moderator
Yeah man, looks great! Needs some tint though!

Old 10-22-2007, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by cwapface
rough edit from last night

Really nice pic! I cant wait to get mine. How are the gaps between the bumpers and fenders in the '08s?

Old 10-23-2007, 03:04 AM
5 Year Member
Gorgeous!!!

Old 10-23-2007, 05:39 PM
agreed!

Originally Posted by Suzi_q
Gorgeous!!!
I second the motion! Beautiful car and photography!

Old 10-25-2007, 10:49 PM
5 Year Member
First order of business, a pic from the road trip:

Second order of business, the paint code is PB-83P according to the tiny sticker in the driver's door jamb above the latch.

Now that the business is out of the way, no, I don't speak Norwegian, but I have a bunch of Norwegian relatives that we visited when I was a kid. That's about all the Norwegian I remember now... I *think* they lived in the northern part of the country as well. Torkelson? is the family name.

FWIW, with over 800 miles on my 5-day-old car, I can say that it's sprung nice and tight, has no rattles, the seats need more lower back support, the floor needs a dead pedal, and you can feel cross winds in a big way. It's not a long-haul car, but you CAN make long drives in it easily. I got nearly 35mpg staying between 70 and 75mph the whole time. All in all, a fun car!

(formerly) fitless

Old 10-25-2007, 11:48 PM
Retired Moderator
It looks great where the sun directly hits the paint!

Old 10-26-2007, 09:06 PM
bought a blackberry pearl today. BEST.COLOR.EVER (for NA market, that is)

I've been holdng off on buying a Fit for a while, mostly because my local Honda dealers cound/would not provide a 5MT sport for me to test. I've driven the AT base model, but really wanted to feel the MT before I comitted. Also, wanted to get a sense of what the Blackberry Pearl looked like before making my decision. It feels like dealers here in Boston only stock 5AT base model in red or silver. Ugh.

I drove 200 miles round trip today just to see what was, seemingly, the only 5MT blackberry pearl in my area. I was floored when I saw it. I made the trip because as we have all witnessed, the published literature and websites do little to convey what the color is actually like. The distance was so worth it... In person, especially on a cloudy-to-sunny gray-to-bluesky autumn day, the color is all colorshifting and sparkly just, well, special.

I was so glad I made the trip and even more glad when he dealer told me that it was available. So I bought the car. Originally going to buy the car is black, I think there won't be many around in this color.

Thank you Honda.
(btw: yellow is the best color for the Fit, period)

Old 10-26-2007, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member
Your experience was essentially just like mine - drove 180 miles round trip to see one, and had to have it. I just didn't buy it on the spot like I probably should have. Still, I ended up with one a week or two later, so I guess it worked out. Now I just have to get all the bugs washed off after my huge road trip earlier this week...

And I agree, it's hard to beat yellow on these cars. I wanted a yellow car really bad this time around, but I don't feel bad about "compromising" on BBP. The only other yellows I could find were on a Caliber (looks good in yellow, but wasn't happy with how it drove) or a used IS300 wagon. Hard to justify spending as much on a used Lexus as a new Fit, and I'm sure the Fit has nearly as much space as the Lexus wagon. I like this car more every time I drive it.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:25 PM
beyond words

I brought home my BBP Mt fit tonight. My niece busted my camera so I've got no pictures to share. Neither pictures nor words can adequately describe this color anyway. You've just got to see it for yourself! I ordered it and had to wait two months and I've got no regrets. It's tasteful and gaudy all at once. Killer!

Old 11-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Content!

Blackberry Pearl gets better each time I look at it!

Old 11-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Anyone had their's long enough to comment on the quality of the BBP paint job? Anyone experiencing the chips and peeling that was happening with the 07s?

Old 11-05-2007, 05:59 PM
inspection

I only got mine on Friday Night but I closely scrutinized the paint in general, paint on the front bumper and the gaps between the bumpers and the body. Everything seems superb. There appears to be about 1/16th of an inch gap between the bumpers and body. I worried the famous bumper chips might even be there from the factory. On mine at least there were none. Three days isn't enough for a long term opinion.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member
Ditto on mine - 2.5 weeks isn't a real indicator. I WAS a little worried about mine after reading some of the trouble that others have had, especially after driving mine over 600 miles on a road trip the day after I picked it up. I had literally hundreds of grasshopper bodies splatted or impailed on the front of the car after driving out in west Texas, but they all cleaned up really well. In the next week or two, I'm planning on a clay bar treatment, a light polish, and a coat of quality wax as we head in to winter here. Gotta do the Pilot, too, with like 2x the surface area of the Fit... Not so happy with the paint on the Pilot, it seems very prone to chipping. I hope the Fit wears better than that after 2 years...

Old 11-15-2007, 11:10 AM
5 Year Member
I've been logged in on this site for a month now and just now was able to post up.

Heres my story:
Coming back from a customer's site last week "today" I wanted to test drive a 5MT Fit. They never had any in stock and so I was gonna check one last time. So low and behold, I got to test drive one that was BBP. I asked the salesman, "what kinda color is this?". So he tells me it's Blackberry Pearl and it just came out. So I didn't buy the car right there on the spot because I had to go back to work. The next day I look at a base model SSM because I didn't think I could get my payments where I wanted to be on the sport. I signed all the paper work that Friday night and told them I would not take the car home because I needed to sleep on it. They were really gonna screw me over on my trade in (95' Prelude VTEC). So the next day I get a phone call from the Service Adviser at another Honda Dealer and he told me that if I hooked him up on my Prelude that he could hook me up with a Fit Sport for the same price as a base model. So long story short (I know it's not that short) I got the same one I test drove from the very beginning.

Old 11-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Retired Moderator
Nice man! Congratz on the new BBP, it looks really nice! Good job going with the Sport model, you wont regret it!

Old 11-15-2007, 11:15 AM
Was that your prelude in the 3rd pic?

Old 11-15-2007, 11:17 AM
5 Year Member
Good eye! And that's my wife's TL in the first two.

Old 11-15-2007, 11:19 AM
5 Year Member
In my first pic you can really see the transition of Purple to Blue as you go from front to back along the side of the car.

Quick Reply: The Official Blackberry Pearl Thread