Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

Official Manifold Cover thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 06:57 PM
RDS
Originally Posted by Squirrely
This will have to do. It's not what I wanted but since I can't draw, I'll have to do it someday when I can draw.

haha....that's so cool.

Very nice IMCs folks

Old 04-05-2008, 07:10 PM
This will have to do. It's not what I wanted but since I can't draw, I'll have to do it someday when I can draw.

Island flavor very original. Now I need a Corona

Old 04-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by Mr_ET
Island flavor very original. Now I need a Corona
Ah.....Carona. I want to add to this scene, you're giving me ideas!

Old 04-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator
every one has such in looking Manifold Cover. I have finaly decided what im going to do for mine, I order the Carbon Cevlar one from PasswordJDM

Old 04-07-2008, 11:38 PM
Quick question

So I desperately want to add some style with a bit of paint. I have a blaze orange fit sport but finding paint is a pain. I'm pretty sure that I can't just go Menard's and grab some krylon and start spraying. What are some places where I could pick up some paint without worrying about the heat from the engine. Please help me, this is the first car I've had that I want to mod. Thanks guys!

Old 04-07-2008, 11:42 PM
Retired Moderator
Im thinking of going yellow on mine soon to match my lip. Its currently white(which i like), but i want it to match my lip!

Tyler

Old 04-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by TOOL
Im thinking of going yellow on mine soon to match my lip. Its currently white(which i like), but i want it to match my lip!

Tyler
A little Yellow on Black scheme. I likes your idea.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:33 AM
Originally Posted by Orange Fit Freak
So I desperately want to add some style with a bit of paint. I have a blaze orange fit sport but finding paint is a pain. I'm pretty sure that I can't just go Menard's and grab some krylon and start spraying. What are some places where I could pick up some paint without worrying about the heat from the engine. Please help me, this is the first car I've had that I want to mod. Thanks guys!
Much earlier in this thread people were saying you can use pretty much any paint. Mine is mostly Krylon spray. The palm trees are craft paint believe it or not. And then a few clear coats on the whole thing. I originally used a primer but the primer was either defective or from another planet cuz it kind of turned to dust when it dried. It wouldn't surprise me if it all comes off some day. If I were to do it over again I would not sand (because that actually roughed it up too much) and I wouldn't bother with primer. I figure if it does fall apart, it's time for something different. Maybe I'll get to do my "Who loves kitty?" scene yet!

(Anybody know how to draw a good butt-end of a cat with a sexy face?)

Old 04-08-2008, 01:44 AM
RDS
Much earlier in this thread people were saying you can use pretty much any paint. Mine is mostly Krylon spray. The palm trees are craft paint believe it or not. And then a few clear coats on the whole thing. I originally used a primer but the primer was either defective or from another planet cuz it kind of turned to dust when it dried. It wouldn't surprise me if it all comes off some day. If I were to do it over again I would not sand (because that actually roughed it up too much) and I wouldn't bother with primer. I figure if it does fall apart, it's time for something different. Maybe I'll get to do my "Who loves kitty?" scene yet!

(Anybody know how to draw a good butt-end of a cat with a sexy face?)
Yeah. I spend all day looking at my cats butt

Old 04-08-2008, 01:47 AM
Originally Posted by RDS
Yeah. I spend all day looking at my cats butt

Really? Do ya now?

Old 04-13-2008, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
All right! I got her done.
Name:  Enginebay.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  62.3 KB
Name:  Enginecover.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  48.2 KB
Pictures taken by Jeffquach

Last edited by BlueCell; 04-18-2008 at 11:49 PM. Reason: picture updated
Old 04-13-2008, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
nice engine bay (drool)! hard to see the mani-cover though. post a close-up. How's the drive now? pretty sweet i bet.

Old 04-13-2008, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
I'll take a better shot when I can get a hold of a better camera. I'm not driving it yet. Still needs tuning. I'll edit that picture when I get a better shot.

Old 04-15-2008, 04:29 PM
first started as yellow

Name:  DSC_9648.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  72.8 KB

changed it up a bit haha, not the best pic iv ever taken, in fact... its terrible

Name:  Picturedg001.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  143.4 KB

Old 04-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by BlueCell
All right! I got her done.

hahahha kinda frontin it with the i-vtec, but looks good and hella props for boostin

Old 04-16-2008, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by japspeed
finished with the black lettering and clearcoat.

DANGIT. FCUK. I was soo gunna do that. LOL. its all good tho cuz i'm gonna do the whole thing with the sun in the bottom right corner. I'm going to try to get my artist to it with a wave effect too.

gj tho. i like it

Old 04-16-2008, 06:29 PM
5 Year Member
Man.. I really don't like the factory texture on the cover, especially painted. I'm filling mine before painting. Will post pics next week probably. Takes time to fill, wet sand, fill, wet sand, etc

Old 04-16-2008, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bigtoepfer
DANGIT. FCUK. I was soo gunna do that. LOL. its all good tho cuz i'm gonna do the whole thing with the sun in the bottom right corner. I'm going to try to get my artist to it with a wave effect too.

gj tho. i like it
thanks, your like the third person to say that they were gonna do it to. but i think im getting a second one so i can switch them once and awhile,
like i said to the other guys, do it, not like we will ever be parked next to each other with our hoods up.
i want to do just plain wrinkle coat red, like the one thats posted on here.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:14 PM
5 Year Member
well fort lauderdale isn't thaaat far away. lol. I was actually thinking of going to school down there for awhile. I was thinking of doing the swap out thing for awhile but i'm too cheap to buy another one lol.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jani88
hahahha kinda frontin it with the i-vtec, but looks good and hella props for boostin
Haha I know, I'm trying to find a sticker to put on the "i" so that will be solved soon.

Quick Reply: Official Manifold Cover thread