Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

Pics of my cars.... sleeping with the enemy :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
How does the Honda Fit feel now with the Progress springs compared to OEM setup in your opinion?

Do you scrap your lip?

Last edited by weenee; 04-07-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:38 PM
Only suspension mod on the Fit is the springs, no sway bar.

No complaints about the ride. It looks nicer, got rid of a little wheel gap, firmer ride but not bouncy. I had rediculously high hopes for the springs... they aren't what I was hoping for but far better then I was expecting to end up with. Overall no complaints. If you jumped in the car and we went for the ride you would never know it was modified till we hit some train tracks.

edit: and no I have never scraped my lip on anything, its still perfect and I intead to keep it that way for a while

Old 04-06-2008, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
man.....must be fun making turns on 3 wheels heh.

thats the first cavalier i have ever seen taking it to the limits.

and with carbon fiber. i usually see a fully body kitted caviler/.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Darkstars
Only suspension mod on the Fit is the springs, no sway bar.

No complaints about the ride. It looks nicer, got rid of a little wheel gap, firmer ride but not bouncy. I had rediculously high hopes for the springs... they aren't what I was hoping for but far better then I was expecting to end up with. Overall no complaints. If you jumped in the car and we went for the ride you would never know it was modified till we hit some train tracks.

edit: and no I have never scraped my lip on anything, its still perfect and I intead to keep it that way for a while

What were your expectations for the springs?

Where or how do they fall short to your expectations?

Your Fits looks real nice with the new rims. Post up more pics please

Old 04-07-2008, 01:16 AM
I didn't say they fell short of my expectations. They fell short of my hopes but exceeded my expectations.

I was hoping for a lowered car with a nice then stock ride, perfectly smooth, perfectly comfortable, make bumpy roads feel like they are fresh cement..... they do not do that.

What I was expecting to get was a few minor clunks and noises, a little bit bouncier then stock, lose of some comfort.... they do not to that either.

They are smooth and comfortable, firmer then stock but like I said before if you didn't know it was lowered you wouldn't notice it from going for a ride. The ride quality is great overall, train tracks are rough but thats about it. Body roll is greatly reduced, when you hit 2nd gear hard the rear end no longer drops like an elephant just fell on the back of the car. Once some affordable struts hit the market I'll grab a set and see what happens but for being lowered on stock struts/springs I really can't complain. I'm happy with it.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Looks good!

So are you showing up at the first SCCA meet on the 21st I believe? Have you thought about bringing the fit to race?

Old 04-07-2008, 01:50 PM
What kind of rims are those?

Old 04-07-2008, 01:58 PM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
+1 for driving the cavalier at autox
nice to see something different

Old 04-07-2008, 02:00 PM
nice cav and Fit, but wat rims u rollin on the Cav in the first few pics, the one with the 5 spoke black rims, looks like gramlight 57C???

Old 04-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by jits14
Looks good!

So are you showing up at the first SCCA meet on the 21st I believe? Have you thought about bringing the fit to race?

I WILL show up with the fit at some point for Auto X but I wont be able to make the first one (which is sunday the 20th, 21st is monday). The girlfriends b-day is the 16th and she complained all last year that she wanted to go to a Cubs game, so I'm gonna suprise her with tickets for the game on the 20th I'd rather auto cross then watch baseball but whatever LOL.

Originally Posted by NotraFit
nice cav and Fit, but wat rims u rollin on the Cav in the first few pics, the one with the 5 spoke black rims, looks like gramlight 57C???

see sig

There are 17X8 Motegi Traklite 1.0 in flat black (they are liek 13.X lbs each if I remember correctly)

Old 04-07-2008, 02:56 PM
and thanks everyone

Old 04-07-2008, 03:18 PM
yeah man i dig those rims u got on man!! they are NICE!!! keep it up bro!!

Old 04-09-2008, 04:37 PM
2 nice looking cars man!

Old 04-11-2008, 11:11 PM
Thanks

I figured the cav would get flamed LOL

since it didn't I'll post a few more... this was my last (first) cav...

Turbo and nitrous

Old 04-11-2008, 11:24 PM
If i would have known, I had a friend of a friend selling a Jackson Racing s/c, FPR, injectors, HPtuners software, modified '99 fuel rail, 4-2-1 header, and borla exhaust!!!!!!!!!

It ended up going for $1300 for the whole thing (local pick up). He was moving, and parted out his car.

too bad.

Old 04-11-2008, 11:35 PM
If you would have known what?

Old 04-12-2008, 02:34 AM
Originally Posted by Darkstars
If you would have known what?
Someone that would possibly show interest. (all assumptions on my part)... I would have rather seen it go to someone that would use it than the d-bag that ended up getting it dirt cheap.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:12 AM
no interest, if its using a 99 fuel rail its not for my engine... mine came out in a select few in 02 and then became standard for 03+

Its the thought that counts though

Last edited by Darkstars; 04-12-2008 at 07:13 AM. Reason: spell check
Old 04-12-2008, 01:10 PM
It's a 2.2 1SV ECO right?

The rail was modified for your engine. It came from a 99 LD9 Z24, and was modified for Bosch style injector clips. The end of the rail has a valve that can be removed to run the FPR.

Oh well.... As you said, It's the thought that counts. Car looks good anyway. As does the old (last) one. What happened to the old one (03)?

Old 04-12-2008, 04:32 PM
Do you have any pics of his setup? Or a cardomain or anything? I've never heard of or seen anyone try to use a 99 fuel rail on an Eco, in fact the early ecos try to get the 03+ eco fuel rails. Also I've never head of anyone using a JR supercharger on an eco, I know they had it for the 2.4 but it pretty much flopped, everyone went with the charger straight from GM cause it was warrantied plus came with a flash so it could run a 2 bar map. I'm interested to see some more info on his setup.

Anyways, the Silver one I bought new, started as a daily driver, started modding it, eventually turned into more or less a weekend/show car. So I bought the tan one to be a daily driver. Well I went out to a few Auto X events with some friends and got hooked. I lost all interest in car shows, one thing led to another next thing you know the Silver cav was almost stock with the stereo in it being used as a daily driver and all the go fast parts went to the far lighter tan cav. After about 6 monthes of using the silver one as a DD I decieded to sell it and bought my Fit. I got tired of having a small coupe as a daily driver. and BTW the Silver and tan are both 04's.

Quick Reply: Pics of my cars.... sleeping with the enemy :)