Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

Pics of my cars.... sleeping with the enemy :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Talking Pics of my cars.... sleeping with the enemy :)

Just put my tan car back in once piece, both cars are clean so I figured why not....

the toy/autoX car with the daily driver

Old 04-06-2008, 07:16 PM
nice ride.. what size rims+offset/tires are those and are those the progress springs?

Old 04-06-2008, 07:21 PM
On the fit its 15x6.5, 40 offset with stock tires and TPMS sensors and yes its on Progress springs.

Old 04-06-2008, 07:23 PM
you autoX cavalier?.. I've never seen one actually handle respectably. How is it working out for you?

Old 04-06-2008, 07:23 PM
fit is looking damn sexy. keep it up!

Old 04-06-2008, 07:33 PM
and TPMS.. Nicee!!! I have these rims on order, i should be getting them next week along with.. you guessed it some progress springs .. i've got an SSM thou.. how hard was it to get the TPMS working cause i'd like to get mine done also.. keep up the good work!

Old 04-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Injundon
you autoX cavalier?.. I've never seen one actually handle respectably. How is it working out for you?

How often have you seen someone try to make handle respectably?

It handles very very well. Its a 1SV.... 140hp/150tq, 2600 lbs, manual trans, stock. It has slight performance mods, intake, full exhuast, A/C delete, lightened alt. pulley, thats about it. For suspension it has front and rear eibach sway bars, front and rear strut bars, poly control arm bushings, solid engine and trans mounts, Koni yellows, ground control coilovers. Its on Motegi traklite 17X8's with 235/40/17 Falken Azeni RT-615 on top of big brakes all the way aorund, SSBC single piston 12" rears, Willwood 12.25 2 piece rotors with 4 piston billet aluminum calipers up front.

Sitting in the sapre bedroom is a spare 5K mile motor, Eagle forged rods and crank, wiseco forged pistons, GM racing (same parts they use in there 6 second FWD drag engine) oil pump gears, nuetral balance shafts, entire valvetrain setup. I still have a Hahn stage 2 turbo kit sitting here as well with a Super 16G (going away for a TD05 20G)... theres some more stuff stock piled and waiting

as for auto Xing it...
click fast times... I was #411

it does pretty well.

Last edited by Darkstars; 04-14-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by gmane
and TPMS.. Nicee!!! I have these rims on order, i should be getting them next week along with.. you guessed it some progress springs .. i've got an SSM thou.. how hard was it to get the TPMS working cause i'd like to get mine done also.. keep up the good work!

It wasn't hard at all, unbolted it from the stock wheel, bolted it onto the Konig the exact same way it came off.. no problems what so ever.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Injundon
I was going to say that also. Both cars look great.
Are those real JDM Cavalier fenders/sidemarkers? And yes people, Toyota makes Cavaliers in Japan so theres such thing as a JDM Cavi.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
I was going to say that also. Both cars look great.
Are those real JDM Cavalier fenders/sidemarkers? And yes people, Toyota makes Cavaliers in Japan so theres such thing as a JDM Cavi.
Yes its real toyota fenders... they flare out and give you a little extra clearance so fenders don't slice up the big ass tires. I don't like how they look but they do exactly what I need them to

I'm surprised you noticed.

edit- the fenders are real toyota ones, the marker lights are not... The toyo markers are ridiculously expensive, these one are Saab 900 markers... completely identical except a slightly different shade of orange, and about 1/5 of the cost.

Last edited by Darkstars; 04-06-2008 at 08:16 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator

I notice a lot of things about cars people would NEVER notice.
Your Cavi is the first one Ive ever seen with them though. Ive seen pics in Japan but not on a US car.

Im not really Cavi fan, but yours is pretty nice. Normally theyre all kitted and stuff. Ughh.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:53 PM
wow really impressive times, you seriously must have had everyone scratching their heads . The ecotec in there is a amazing platform. The chassis of the cavaliers though has historically been a wet noodle. It's good to see you know what your doing suspension wise

Old 04-06-2008, 10:20 PM
Yeah you get some weird looks showing up a cav, even weirder looks when you beat them LOL. Name one thing worse then getting owned by a cavalier LOL.

And your right they are considered to be a wet noodle of sorts, the early 3rd gens with the 2.2 OHV pushrod engine matted to a 3 speed automatic are alot of the reason for that, they are like 18 second cars not to mention the low models didn't have any sway bars... wet noodle is giving i a bit to much credit But then again the new ones with the 2.4 and the newest with the Eco's are a night and difference considering they are on the same platform.

My car for exmaple, I went to the track with an intake, motor and trans mounts, bumped up the rev limiter, short throw, and koni/sportline setup my car went a 14.9... on cheap all season 14's on stock steelies.

And the motor... the ecotec. GM has a build book, what you need, part numbers, and where to buy everything needed to build the motor 300 hp, 450 hp, 600 hp, etc all the way up to "1400+ hp". Enough said

Old 04-06-2008, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member
cool fit. Very very different of you to have a cavalier as a race car but im sure it has much suspension work

Old 04-06-2008, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
Nice Fit and Cav.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Wow thats crazy i never knew a cavi could go three wheel. Its almost a sleeper. haha. The pics are pretty neat. Your fit is lookin pretty good as well. You planning on tweakin the fit a little more and take that to the track too?

Old 04-06-2008, 10:51 PM
Retired Moderator
Cool pics bro! I like the Fit, looks nice!
Im not at all a Cavi fan, but yours is ok. The CF trunk isnt working with that color but thats just my opnion. It looks like its tearing it up in AutoX!

Tyler

Old 04-06-2008, 11:07 PM
thanks everyone

and Tool, you should see the inside LOL. The stock seats looks like a tweed couch from the 70's LOL.

Theres a reason the car become known as the GTC.... the "ghey tan" cav. Noone likes the color hahaha, it will never look good but then again my attention has never been to make it look good. I couldn't pass it up though, its an 04, I bought it used almost a year from its delivery date with 18K miles for $6,000. The owner was this Japanesse guy and his family was moving back to Japan, he needed to dump the car ASAP, I couldn't pass it up. If it wasn't such a deal I would have held out for a black of silver one not this ugly heep of crap.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:09 PM
Cavaliers are awesome for having no resale value after 3 years

Old 04-06-2008, 11:21 PM
thats not true... there value falls off a cliff long before 3 years

honestly though the value has been going up (or should I say the depreciation has slowed down) slowly but steadily. With the cost of gas now days the demand for cars like that are on the rise.

Quick Reply: Pics of my cars.... sleeping with the enemy :)