Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

pictures of my painted calipers

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 07:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Darkstars
are you serious? LOL

Don't ask for opinions and then complain casue you don' liek what people have to say. You asked.

No one is putting you down, people don't like your red brakes. If we were just trying to put you down I'm sure you'd have many comments about that sweet windshield banner.... but you didn't ask for opinions on that so noone has said anything about that. If strangers on the internet hurt your feelings by not liking your car, well that's flat out pathetic to be blunt.

As for putting ourselves in your shoes... my last project car was a Chevy Cavalier I built for auto X / road racing. Show up at a race track in a cavalier, tell people your making a racecar out of a cavalier, talk to a bunch of car guys/forums whatever and then tell them you drive a cavalier.... your shoes would be looking pretty comfy Not once I did I ever cry about it and throw out lets all be friends and holds hand crap, I never complained casue noone liked my car, I didn't care what anyone thought. Why would I?

Why is the aproval of complete strangers so important to you?
enough said, ill stop being a baby like everyone says, whatever, i dont care, i just think it just sucks sometimes when you got something that you think is cool and most of everyone says that i shouldnt have done it. thats it. im not going to argue anymore bec theres no point, im just gunna keep my mouth shut and have everyone say what they have to say and leave it that way.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:01 PM
5 Year Member
dude i want to see you paint your intake manifold cover, its easy and it really spiffs up the engine compartment, not to mention show off that intake. i just did it and its freakin awesome, it came out so good

Old 09-14-2008, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fat Ping Cat
dude i want to see you paint your intake manifold cover, its easy and it really spiffs up the engine compartment, not to mention show off that intake. i just did it and its freakin awesome, it came out so good
ya i want to but im still debating on what color to do, red or blue, bec if i do red than im sure i could just use the caliper paint and it would work fine. i have alot left

Old 09-14-2008, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
Red is a good color to go with on that. I did red, its like really deep metallic red and i did the lettering in taffy white.

if you use that caliper paint go and get a can of duplicolor 'clear effex' and spray a few coats of that on and it will give it a nice metallic look (it has metallic flakes in it) then hit it up with a bunch of coats of clear to make it look all wet and glassy.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:26 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
wat color was it originally?

i haven't taken a close look at the stock calipers... i would imagine
if you have visible calipers in the front people look at the rears next....

where did go?

Old 09-14-2008, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
lol look at me go...

trying to change the subject

Old 09-14-2008, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
wat color was it originally?

i haven't taken a close look at the stock calipers... i would imagine
if you have visible calipers in the front people look at the rears next....

where did go?
they are silver originally

Old 09-14-2008, 10:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Darkstars
are you serious? LOL

Don't ask for opinions and then complain casue you don' liek what people have to say. You asked.

No one is putting you down, people don't like your red brakes. If we were just trying to put you down I'm sure you'd have many comments about that sweet windshield banner.... but you didn't ask for opinions on that so noone has said anything about that. If strangers on the internet hurt your feelings by not liking your car, well that's flat out pathetic to be blunt.

As for putting ourselves in your shoes... my last project car was a Chevy Cavalier I built for auto X / road racing. Show up at a race track in a cavalier, tell people your making a racecar out of a cavalier, talk to a bunch of car guys/forums whatever and then tell them you drive a cavalier.... your shoes would be looking pretty comfy Not once I did I ever cry about it and throw out lets all be friends and holds hand crap, I never complained casue noone liked my car, I didn't care what anyone thought. Why would I?

Why is the aproval of complete strangers so important to you?

the reason you would never cry about people giving you looks about the cavalier is because there is not much you can say in defense ABOUT a cavalier period.

and if anything, your experience should make you MORE understanding and less apt to judge shouldn't it? or was the experience too bitter?

people post on these forums with new additions all the time, just wanting to share what they have done, to further the site and to let others know what they are doing.

chastisizing him for doing the same is hardly fair, wether you like his accesorizing or not. just because those other people get much praise for what they do because a large group of people think its cool DOES NOT change the fact that they posted it up hoping to hear feedback.

if no one really cared, no one would ever post would they?

Old 09-14-2008, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by Fat Ping Cat
Red is a good color to go with on that. I did red, its like really deep metallic red and i did the lettering in taffy white.

if you use that caliper paint go and get a can of duplicolor 'clear effex' and spray a few coats of that on and it will give it a nice metallic look (it has metallic flakes in it) then hit it up with a bunch of coats of clear to make it look all wet and glassy.
Mannn that looks really hot.
What kind of camera do you have?

Old 09-14-2008, 11:00 PM
I don't think it looks bad. It's a personalization thing and if you like it then good. My brakes are factory red, and if people think it's stupid then that's great, they're entitled to think what they want. You kind of always have to assume that people are going to hate what you did when you post something online.

Besides, if everyone liked all the same stuff, we'd all drive the same cookie cutter vehicle with the same mods, or lack thereof, because when it boils down to it there really isn't any point to modding a car other than it's a fun money sink!

Old 09-14-2008, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nodrogkam
Mannn that looks really hot.
What kind of camera do you have?
thanks, haha i have a 4.1MPixel Sony Cybershot S40 which is a discontinued 4 year old point and shoot camera, not the best thing.. haha

definitely paint the manifold cover if you have time to, it's fun!

Old 09-14-2008, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by eldaino
the reason you would never cry about people giving you looks about the cavalier is because there is not much you can say in defense ABOUT a cavalier period.

and if anything, your experience should make you MORE understanding and less apt to judge shouldn't it? or was the experience too bitter?
that's the kind of thinking that made the cavalier so much fun, especially when your placing ahead of cars considered to be far out of your league (like a lotus exige, 911 turbo, lots of miatas couple S2000s and what not and there's proof of most for the naw-sayers as well )

I'm not bitter at all, I would have to care in order to be bitter and well... I don't.

And what do you mean I should be less apt to judge? He posted pics and said this is what I did what do you think about it... so I told him I didn't like it. Maybe I'm just a dick but I still fail to see the problem.

I realize the internet is serious business and all bu maybe its time some people actually go outside and get some fresh air LOL

Old 09-15-2008, 12:00 AM
well put!

Originally Posted by n2oinferno
I don't think it looks bad. It's a personalization thing and if you like it then good.
It's your car man, n2oinferno stated it well.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:50 AM
Off topic, but feddup I think you're one of the first people, ever, to type out my username correctly.. On almost ANY forum. Everyone always writes n20.. lol..

Old 09-15-2008, 02:00 AM
Just remember that anyone who does something different from the norm people will look at you stange. Be like Foose, Columbus,(the list could go on) not just like every homoginized, plane faced, perfect, run of the mill, boring person out there and be proud to do your own thing......by the way reread my earlier post....I wasn't hating on you.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:00 AM
I think the OP needs to learn how to take constructive criticism. No one said anything really negative or bash what you did. They state their opinion, and how they felt. Not everyone feels the same as you, and if you get butthurt by those comments...lol

Anyways, the car looks silly with those stock red calipers with everything else stock, besides a couple of different emblems and red stickers. I been in this car scene almost a decade now and when I first started out, I did not have money. I had high school money, but i learn to save money. Not that I'm encouraging to throw all your money into car parts, but learn to take criticism, and having no money doesn't excuse other people from not liking your car mods.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:03 PM
*edited* I made a horrible long post that's really unbecoming of me. So I decided to delete it. Sorry. Carry on.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:59 PM
crazy

Originally Posted by jtanoyo1
*edited* I made a horrible long post that's really unbecoming of me. So I decided to delete it. Sorry. Carry on.
Sometimes I'll see this insane twisted post by some moron and then I look and "that moron" was feddup. We're all human.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by jtanoyo1
I see what you did there! e-mail notification for the win! lol

Old 09-15-2008, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
you guys are all right, its all my fault, i just get mad easy over stupid crap, its my damn car and it doesnt matter if people dont like it, as long as i like it

Quick Reply: pictures of my painted calipers