Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Progress Auto Rear Anti-Sway bar! WITH DIY PHOTOS PAGE 5!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 11:10 AM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
Originally Posted by Koi
Installed the bar today, and wow, what a great mod. Props to Newedge for getting me the bar for a nice price. Thanks for the DIY guides to those who made them!
Koi,

Thanks for the kind words as well as your order1

I should have another 20 Fit bars in stock later today...I'm watching for the big truck now!

Tony D

Old 04-15-2008, 02:01 PM
New Batch of Progress RSB unloaded this morning!

Hot off the truck! Just unloaded a batch of Progress rear sway bars for the Honda Fit.

Same deal $139.95 shipped in the lower 48 states.

Get yours before they sell out...like they always do!

Tony D

Old 04-17-2008, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member
can't wait to receive mines. After reading all the raves I HAD to place an order. =-)

Old 04-19-2008, 11:19 AM
anyone here also have the Mugen 5-way adjustable suspension along with the Progress RSB? I know there are only a handful of people on here including myself that has the Mugen suspension, but not sure if they have with the RSB or not, I'm wondering if I'll need to order the hardware kit as well

Old 04-29-2008, 11:36 AM
Progress RSBs in stock!

Just received another batch of Fit rear sway bars by Progress!! Buy now and I ship daily, M-F.

Check out the group buy thread!

Tony D

Old 05-12-2008, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
Just installed mine today!!

wheww what a bitch.

Doing this job with a crappy floorjack that gives you barely any height sucks balls!!!lol

but man was it worth it!

Old 05-13-2008, 12:27 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sam21
Doing this job with a crappy floorjack that gives you barely any height sucks balls!!!lol
i'm in total agreement. doing anything with a little floorjack sucks! provides such little clearance you still gotta worm your way under the car haha.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by doctordoom
i'm in total agreement. doing anything with a little floorjack sucks! provides such little clearance you still gotta worm your way under the car haha.
lol dude you should've seen it,the back wheels were less than an inch off the ground,and that's AFTER i put bricks under the floor jack,lol.
Trying to torque,line up stuff,compressing the spring by hand so it'll go in was an adventure.

buutt,it's all good cause there's no weird noises or anything and everything is on tight.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:40 AM
5 Year Member
im looking forward to installing this as soon as it arrives.. sounds really promising guys

Old 05-13-2008, 12:45 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
lol dude you should've seen it,the back wheels were less than an inch off the ground,and that's AFTER i put bricks under the floor jack,lol.
Trying to torque,line up stuff,compressing the spring by hand so it'll go in was an adventure.

buutt,it's all good cause there's no weird noises or anything and everything is on tight.
did you do it yourself? i usually get a friend to help me out because he's a lot more knowledgeable than i am and i think it's just so much easier to have help installing certain things. if you want, next time you could try taking the rear wheels off so everything can drop lower without the tires hitting the ground. but congratulations on getting everything on with no issues!

Old 05-13-2008, 01:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by doctordoom
did you do it yourself? i usually get a friend to help me out because he's a lot more knowledgeable than i am and i think it's just so much easier to have help installing certain things. if you want, next time you could try taking the rear wheels off so everything can drop lower without the tires hitting the ground. but congratulations on getting everything on with no issues!
ohh yeahh,removing the wheels would've been a much more sensible route;but i was lazy,lol. Yeah I did it my self,a friend helped out torquing the bolt and holding the bar up for me for a sec though,and thanks man!

Old 05-13-2008, 02:58 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
ohh yeahh,removing the wheels would've been a much more sensible route;but i was lazy,lol. Yeah I did it my self,a friend helped out torquing the bolt and holding the bar up for me for a sec though,and thanks man!
no problem!

Old 05-20-2008, 10:21 PM
Banned
Yo!!! Alla you poor, delusional schmucks who think that your Progress RSB really works. Bad news for you from JDMChris.com. See posts 7,8 & 9 in the link below:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ifference.html

Old 05-22-2008, 02:43 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by manxman
Yo!!! Alla you poor, delusional schmucks who think that your Progress RSB really works. Bad news for you from JDMChris.com. See posts 7,8 & 9 in the link below:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ifference.html

*laugh laugh laugh*

Old 05-22-2008, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
A rear sway bar on a Fit does work. However, I can understand that the effects of a rear sway bar on a torsion beam suspension will not be as great when compared to an independent rear suspension system with a swaybar. The torsion beam itself acts like a giant sway bar, and the addition of the RSB will make it slightly stiffer. Whether or not someone can feel the difference is subjective, but the bar still works.

The bar's job is to counteract understeer.

I can see JDMchris' argument, but I think he's oversimplifying the issue.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:18 PM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
Thanks to New Edge Performance
Super fast shipping! Was extremely surprised and satisfied

Ordered the sway bar sunday night and was on my doorstep tuesday afternoon

Thanks,
Ricky

Old 05-22-2008, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member
to explain it, i'd have to use my hands, so i can't convey the true feeling. there's no reason why this rearswaybar WOULDN"T work like an independent suspension vehicle

Old 05-23-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by solbrothers
to explain it, i'd have to use my hands, so i can't convey the true feeling. there's no reason why this rearswaybar WOULDN"T work like an independent suspension vehicle
But do you, or anyone here that has purchased and installed them, actually benefit from them?

After auto x'ing my bone stock Fit I come to the conclusion that the last thing the Fit needs is more rotation in the rear. I can snap the rear end out nearly as easily as I can in my S2000.

What the Fit needs is the front end not to be so soft. I am still weighing all my options for a spring/coil over setup.

Old 05-25-2008, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member
Has any satisfied owner experienced any tendency at all for the rear to hop slightly sideways when encountering a bump in a turn, or is there any additional noticeable ride harshness?

Old 05-25-2008, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member
I haven't noticed anything like the first question. I took mine on a wet roundabout and increased speed slowly until the front end broke free. I haven't noticed the rear end stepping out at all, but it does do more of the workload than prior to the install.
As far as ride difference, there's a very subtle increase in ride harshness, but you will forget all about it the first time you take a corner 5-10 MPH faster than you could prior to the bar install.

Quick Reply: Progress Auto Rear Anti-Sway bar! WITH DIY PHOTOS PAGE 5!