Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Progress Auto Rear Anti-Sway bar! WITH DIY PHOTOS PAGE 5!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fit-aficionado
I'd rather do this than weld the bar to the car..let me know how I can get some of these bolts from you. I did some research and appearently Panducky closed.

yes they are i bought them right before they closed

Old 05-11-2009, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
After reading on this thread, I have to agree with NIGHTHAWKSI..the bolts from Progress should not interfere whatsoever with the functioning of other parts in the car, specially the springs. The springs should seat without any problems, this is a bad design from Progress and/or they obviously missed it. I have owned Progress RSBs before on both two previous generation Civics and never had a problem; the bars worked great. I do like Progress, but this bar and its hardware DO have a design flaw that needs to be fixed.
Originally Posted by manxman
Progress can't anticipate dimensional changes in the diameters of all of the brands of lowering springs. There are no problems with the Progress bar combined with stock Fit springs, and there are no problems with Progress lowering springs. The only complaints have come from people using the bar with the rest of the brands of lowering springs. You can't reasonably hold Progress responsible for problems cause by odd-sized springs made by other manufacturers.
wrong. i use the progress RSB and progress lowering springs.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:44 PM
5 Year Member
LOL well there you have it, even from their own parts...any other questions??

Old 05-11-2009, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member
I'd rather do this than weld the bar to the car..let me know how I can get some of these bolts from you. I did some research and appearently Panducky closed.
im putting in an order for the bolts on friday. i will let you know when i get them because another memeber is getting some from me too

Old 05-11-2009, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
Well then for everyone but a couple hundred lucky people who had no problems at all, the Progress bar is a piece of trash and you should not buy it.
Trash? lol but you've been trying to prove your point across over and over in favor of it??

I'm gettin' it anyways, just gotta know what you are doing and do things right.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
LOL ok mang, whatever you say.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:16 PM
5 Year Member
I love my piece of trash

Old 05-12-2009, 07:55 AM
5 Year Member
Trash? lol but you've been trying to prove your point across over and over in favor of it??

I'm gettin' it anyways, just gotta know what you are doing and do things right.
way to take it to the extreme.
so we pretty much have to think that the progress rear sway bar is flawless and the greatest thing since sliced bread, or its a peice of trash?
huh, some logic you got there.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
it has been a while since i have been on this thread, but i'm still in love with the progress RSB and panducky bolts.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
i love my piece of shit car and my ****ing piece of garbage rear swaybar

Old 05-12-2009, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
hey redrumm,

i'll take a set of bolts/hardware! how much?

Old 05-12-2009, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member
Only the whiners and complainers think that the Progress bar is flawed. Hundreds of other people had no installation problems at all and think that it is the best mod for the dollar that you can buy.

Apparently you have difficulty in understanding sarcasm, which was expected, because you complained about your own little installation problem here for weeks instead of contacting Progress or figuring it out for yourself. And you are still whining.

As I said, the intelligent people on this forum got my point. You didn't. No surprise.
weeks? learn to read your dates.

i contacted progress. they said there is nothing wrong. but their clearly is. jsut becuase a manufactuer doesnt own up to a problem, doesnt mean it doesnt exist (read up on honda Si 6spd tranny). i am not the only one who had a problem, and i continue not to be the only one that had a problem. you seem to not understand that i worked around it and am no longer comlaining. the fact that there is an issue with some isnt the problem, its that progress doesnt want to own up to a flaw with the design. yes, i call it a flaw because even if you dont have a creaking sound, it is still an issue that should eventually be addressed. go look at any higher end car, or any car that is tracked....im sure it has springs that are seating 100% correctly.

the idea that you suggest im not intelligent is a laughing matter of its own. i built a 100% custom turbo kit for my car. what did you do? work around a flawed sway bar? figure out you can put an ebay chicken wire grill across your condensor to stop rock chips?

Last edited by NIGHTHAWKSI; 05-12-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
As fun as it is to make you squeal like a little girl, I have to resist the temptation to keep it up. A mod will close this thread, and that would be a disservice to people who can use the good information here. You'll just have to live with the fact that you had great problems in installing your bar, and hundreds of other people did not.

In fact, none of the people who followed my DIY on page 5, post #86 of this thread, had any trouble installing this product on stock Fits. Even though it will work, Progress never claimed that their bar would work with any and all after-market springs. They only advertised this as a significant handling upgrade for stock Fits. The fact that some people had difficulty getting some springs to work properly with this bar has nothing at all to do with the quality or design of the bar. If you lack the ability to adapt in mechanical applications, that is not the fault of the Progress Group.

The fact that you had a problem installing your bar just means that you had a problem. It does not mean that Progress caused it.

Now, I am sure that you understood this post, because I did not use any sarcasm or humor to confuse you. For God's sake, stop whining!
no, but it is assumed the PROGRESS RSB would work with the PROGRESS SPRINGS that i have on my car without having to alter the PROGRESS products.

yes, i completely lack the ability to adapt in mechanical aplpications. that is how i built a complete turbo kit from scratch as well as do every other mod to my car. /end sarcasm

you should probably stop insisting that i am the only one that had a problem. if that is true, i wouldnt have goten PMs from people asking how i fixed the problem...which is more help then you or your DIY is. becuase all you do is say the RSB is perfect....yea some help. if youd like, i can find posts of other peoples problems since your too ignorant.

also, panducky wouldnt have come out with a hardware kit if there was nothing wrong. i guess they are making it up as well.

and once again, just because some people dont have a problem with the product, or chooses to deal with a design flaw such as not allowing the springs to seat correctly, doenst make it correct. it means they are working around the problem. somthing that shoudlnt have to be done if not instructed by progress in the install instructions.

i love how your progress RSB DIY is so involved with the actual install of the sway bar. the only mention of it is
"and follow the Progress Bar instruction sheet for placement of the mounting bolts, and follow the rest of the mounting instructions. There are no torque specifications"
wow! thank you for telling everone how to follow the instructions that came with the RSB. iim sure no one could have figured that out.

oh and i guess randomly underlining words must make you feel better. why underline "followed"?

to sum it up. this is not a "whine" it is more of a complaint that progress should make their product work for ALL people. it is already known how to fix the issue, but its the fact their is an issue that progress refuses to acknowledge.

Last edited by NIGHTHAWKSI; 05-12-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by NIGHTHAWKSI
jsut becuase a manufactuer doesnt own up to a problem, doesnt mean it doesnt exist (read up on honda Si 6spd tranny). i am not the only one who had a problem, and i continue not to be the only one that had a problem.
Tell me about it dude. Took me almost three months for Honda to admit to it and replace the 3rd and 4th gear on my Si.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
I haven't read this whole thread but did you try filing down the side of the bolt head that faces the spring. I'm not even sure if it helped eliminate noise but that's what I did before I installed my bar.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:59 PM
5 Year Member
^Umm, yeah you need to read the last 3-4 pages..

Old 05-13-2009, 08:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by willy65000
I haven't read this whole thread but did you try filing down the side of the bolt head that faces the spring. I'm not even sure if it helped eliminate noise but that's what I did before I installed my bar.
round head bolts from home depot work fine as well. they went through a northeast winter and some aggresive driving. no bending or breaking, so no worries about needing hardened steel.

but your post goes to prove my point further that the progress RSB needs a little work. if its advertised as a bolt on mod, then it should be. progress should be the one ot fix this problem, not the consumer.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:46 AM
i'm thinking about ordering this, but i've got the skunk2 50mm exhaust. will the bar fit over the exhaust?

Old 05-15-2009, 09:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by thejroisgo
i'm thinking about ordering this, but i've got the skunk2 50mm exhaust. will the bar fit over the exhaust?
i have a 50mm exhaust (not skunk2) and it fits without a problem. id assume yours will fit as well.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by NIGHTHAWKSI
round head bolts from home depot work fine as well. they went through a northeast winter and some aggresive driving. no bending or breaking, so no worries about needing hardened steel.

but your post goes to prove my point further that the progress RSB needs a little work. if its advertised as a bolt on mod, then it should be. progress should be the one ot fix this problem, not the consumer.
so true, but ever since i got the Coils no rubbing against my springs just like before...

Quick Reply: Progress Auto Rear Anti-Sway bar! WITH DIY PHOTOS PAGE 5!