Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

***The Official "HANDLING" Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 08:38 AM
5 Year Member
only mod on the rear is you need to add a few washers to make sit flush. maybe like 2 and thats it.

the front one, the holes need to be widen up a little bit.

really easy stuff and it really makes a differance

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...e-install.html

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ar-my-way.html

here is the front one
Name:  Honda20Fit20lower20arm201.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  31.5 KB

Old 03-10-2009, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member
New setup

Ksport Kontrol Pro coilovers (7k/5k) set on 28th/32 clicks up front and full stiff in rear
Progress RSB
Generic strut bar
15"x7" +40 wheels on 195-50-15 Yoko S.Drives

Aligned and set with -2.6 camber upfront, natural camber of -1.8 in the rears

Last edited by sam21; 03-11-2009 at 12:32 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
good stuff. your spring rates seem kinda soft. how is the ride?

Old 03-11-2009, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by redrumm
good stuff. your spring rates seem kinda soft. how is the ride?
Yeah it's just the spring rate that Ksport offers. For daily duties, I love it. I've set it to full stiff and it's just the right balance of responsiveness and stiffness.

Since I autocross, I would've liked a higher spring rate, maybe 10k/8k, but I'm loving how it is now. It truly makes driving it much more enjoyable

Old 03-11-2009, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
pretty sure you can get swift ones to upgrade or maybe the megan springs

megan is 10/8 and its not bad at all.

thats what im running

Old 03-16-2009, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
no one seems to get the scandinavian flick with fwd's n i remembered a coupel videos i seen a while back...
YouTube - Tiff Needell: FWD basics: Scandinavian Flick
YouTube - Scandinavian Flick
mmmmyup. fun stuff ll.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shazaam
no one seems to get the scandinavian flick with fwd's n i remembered a coupel videos i seen a while back...
YouTube - Tiff Needell: FWD basics: Scandinavian Flick
YouTube - Scandinavian Flick
mmmmyup. fun stuff ll.
Ah! so that's what it's called.. thanks for the links !!

Old 03-17-2009, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by redrumm
pretty sure you can get swift ones to upgrade or maybe the megan springs

megan is 10/8 and its not bad at all.

thats what im running
I would consider going that route but the Ksports aren't exactly racing caliber status as far as build quality. Putting higher spring rate springs will kill the life of the dampers I'm sure

Old 03-27-2009, 11:45 AM
5 Year Member
So i've had my progress RSB on for a few months now. And I can no longer feel its "power", probably because i got used to it. So I was thinking of adding another layer of powdercoat to it. Do you guys think this will make it even stiffer? =]]

Old 03-27-2009, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AnlDyxp_GD3
So i've had my progress RSB on for a few months now. And I can no longer feel its "power", probably because i got used to it. So I was thinking of adding another layer of powdercoat to it. Do you guys think this will make it even stiffer? =]]

No. sorry.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:40 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I thought I would bump this thread for an update of how my Fit is coming along;

I beat the living snot out of almost everything yesterday on the autocross course at a 2-day competition school this weekend. I had people in shock and awe... my setup is TIGHT and I even posted the fastest time of the day on Saturday against cars I had no business competing against. The driving instructor took the car for a run and he had to take his hands off at the end and take a moment to digest how quickly it ran the course! If I recall he said something like this "I am absolutly shocked at how fast this car is through the course"... I then shocked him again when I told him it WASN'T running R-compound tires or coil overs.

I litereally creamed every car in my class for times!

Anyway, for all you guys who think the 24mm front sway bar is no good... BALLOCKS; I give a good amount of credit to it for stiffening up the front end. It was way faster than a stock Fit throught that course and it is clear that the 24mm bar keeps the tires from moving around & firmly planted on the ground on the really hard corners. The results of this day prove to me that the car doesn't just feel faster through the corners... it is fast... amazingly fast.

I was also running a set of 205/50/R15 RE-11's on +45 Rota's; stock dampers w/ Tanabe GF210's and a front & C-pillar strut bar. No camber bolts or kits either.

Anyway, just thought I would share. I will be sure to post some results from the competition events later this summer.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 05-25-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
yeah but you are not stock engine wise either so you should be fast in your class too with all your engine mods.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:37 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JoeF
yeah but you are not stock engine wise either so you should be fast in your class too with all your engine mods.
I am not exactly pushing a lot of HP I would be suprised if I am putting down 100hp. Most cars had double, tripple or quadrouple the power I did. I even beat out the S2K's on some of the courses!

I am running in FSP, and not anywhere near the full spec. Trust me when I say all the advantage was in the handeling, not the power!

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 05-27-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
I see, I am interested in doing the auto cross I did it with other cars in the 90s and this is the first car that I have wanted to do that with again. I am looking at light rims and tires with the rear swaybar and front sway bar for now. Until I see dynoed results of the headers, intakes, CAI or other adds I am going with lighting up the wheels and making it stiffer.

Joe

Old 05-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
One of the nicest things you can do with the Fit is swap in some performance springs. I personally use the GF210's which only drop the car about 1" but provide much higher spring rates.

I find the handeling even with the stock dampers is very tight, I havn't been that impressed with some of the coil overs on the market for the Fit right now.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:16 PM
5 Year Member
Changing the springs how would that effect the highway ride I do the high way alot and wife would hate it if it was bumpy. Did you find a new dyno place yet?

Old 05-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
You will notice the springs are stiffer right off the bat, but they are not so bad that they will jar your teeth together. But you are going to feel bumps and potholes much more than before.

They do an impressive job of eliminating body roll, that is also really noticeable.

As far as them being used for a daily driver & highway trips they are actually pretty good. I drive to work everyday with my wife in the car and she doesn't even notice it. I also do a lot of road trips in the summer, I actually find that more comfortable than before, the stock suspension is a bit to soft for highway driving in my opinion, it kind of feels like a boat riding in a stock fit at highway speeds to me. It is kind of nice to have all that excess movement taken out and the springs still absorb any bumps on the road without sending too much feedback to the people inside.

You should check your local forum to see if there is somebody with springs and go for a ride with them. Find out what the spring rates are and how much drop they have and then you can select a spring that is softer or stiffer based on that.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JoeF
Changing the springs how would that effect the highway ride I do the high way alot and wife would hate it if it was bumpy. Did you find a new dyno place yet?
springs will IMHO make the ride comfort better. just warning you, you might bottom out. make sure you do get the alignment after you drop it though

Old 05-28-2009, 12:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
One of the nicest things you can do with the Fit is swap in some performance springs. I personally use the GF210's which only drop the car about 1" but provide much higher spring rates.

I find the handeling even with the stock dampers is very tight, I havn't been that impressed with some of the coil overs on the market for the Fit right now.
whats wrong with T1R or Skunk2 coil overs? those look really good and a lot of good reviews. i really like the design of the rear shocks for these two because the piston size is huge.

Last edited by revd34; 05-28-2009 at 12:32 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by revd34
whats wrong with T1R or Skunk2 coil overs? those look really good and a lot of good reviews. i really like the design of the rear shocks for these two because the piston size is huge.
I have riden in a few Fit's with coil overs (T1R & J's racing)... they seem to have a lot more body roll than I antisipated. For the amount of money they cost I honestly was expecting a lot more stiffness while still being able to soak up bumps.

I havn't had a chance to ride in a Fit with the Skunk2 ones, so I can't comment on them.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 05-28-2009 at 02:08 PM.

Quick Reply: ***The Official "HANDLING" Thread***