Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

what shocks/struts to go with skunk2 springs?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 04:52 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
I've heard nothing but good things from Kenchan about his Enduratechs, search him out, he has a whole thread about his thoughts on them. They're $899 on endura-tech.com and I like them because they look basically OEM; the springs are black.
but didn't they use his car for their R&D of the coilover system? they gave him the product either for free or a substantial discount and he's promoting them. kinda like a sponsor, am i wrong? have any independent customers with the enduratechs given any reviews on the coilovers?

Old 11-21-2008, 09:56 AM
T1R S-Spec dampers $595CAD approx. $476USD shipped
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/aj-r...-specials.html

Last edited by amelsportfit; 11-21-2008 at 10:11 AM.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:00 AM
Introducing the NEW T1R S-Spec Damper Kit for the Honda Fit. The S-Spec Damper kit offers a 12 way compression/rebound (single adjustment) for total comfort and street performance. The S-Spec damper kit is composed of a 30mm piston diameter for wide range dampening adjustability. The body has been powder coated against corrosion. The damper kit is designed to work best with the T1R S-Coil lowering springs for the Honda Fit and is also compatible with most aftermarket lowering springs as well. Available NOW!

Old 11-21-2008, 10:02 AM
oh man i dont know if i should get the t1r dampers or spoon n1 muffler and engine damper.. i want my car to have some noise but my lowering springs are just sitting inside my room waiting to be intalled.. any advise?

Last edited by amelsportfit; 11-21-2008 at 10:07 AM.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by amelsportfit
Introducing the NEW T1R S-Spec Damper Kit for the Honda Fit. The S-Spec Damper kit offers a 12 way compression/rebound (single adjustment) for total comfort and street performance. The S-Spec damper kit is composed of a 30mm piston diameter for wide range dampening adjustability. The body has been powder coated against corrosion. The damper kit is designed to work best with the T1R S-Coil lowering springs for the Honda Fit and is also compatible with most aftermarket lowering springs as well. Available NOW!
no way! these are out now! ive been waiting for these! im getting them.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:27 AM
what does damper adjusting do? It makes it stiffer? I just know about ride height adjusting. And I didn't know Ken was a semi-sponsor for Enduratechs. I dunno what to do now. I know I want adjustability for both height and damper so the T1R is out because it's one height, forever.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
what does damper adjusting do? It makes it stiffer? I just know about ride height adjusting. And I didn't know Ken was a semi-sponsor for Enduratechs. I dunno what to do now. I know I want adjustability for both height and damper so the T1R is out because it's one height, forever.
you can just fine tune the dampening. so you can stiff it up for the track or soften it for daily driving, or crappy roads. no height adjustment. ive been waiting for these shocks to come out for a while though. But they ARE 500. i could put down another 4 and get some D2 coilovers. I'll have to think about this one

Old 11-21-2008, 12:19 PM
I really want Skunk2 Pro C's but damn $1300 is steep...Tein's are $1100, D2s and Buddy Club are around $1,000 and Enduratech is $900....grrr

Old 11-21-2008, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
I really want Skunk2 Pro C's but damn $1300 is steep...Tein's are $1100, D2s and Buddy Club are around $1,000 and Enduratech is $900....grrr
Actually you can get a brand new set of D2 RS' on ebay for 800 shipped.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:43 PM
Are D2's any good though?

Old 11-22-2008, 02:32 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
And I didn't know Ken was a semi-sponsor for Enduratechs.
oh no i didn't mean he's semi-sponsored by him, but i was saying it's kind of like a sponsorship, no? like they hook him up with the product and he puts out the good word about it. that's why i think his reviews may be biased. i could be wrong of course.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:43 AM
which part do you think i should get first, spoon n1 or t1r dampers?

Old 11-22-2008, 09:59 AM
n1. I was gonna get the N1 but someone here PMed me and sold me skunk2 50mm brand new for $290. I was like wow **** spoon lol. I don't like the idea of separate shocks and springs. Adjustable coilovers are the only way to go.

Old 11-29-2008, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
Very tough decision...Like some of you are saying the T1R setup is nice but for a few bills more you can get D2 coilovers...Some one also said if you don't want t harsh ride D2s are not the way to go?????Some one please help!!!!I wish some one actually has these T1Rs installed so we can get some feedback.....

Old 11-29-2008, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
im getting my T1R dampers and s-coil springs on next saturday. i will give you guys some feedback.

I was also going between D2, skunk and enduratech. i didnt trust d2, to0 cheap and i think they are just rebadged, almost megan coilovers. Skunk 2 coilovers are for those who track their cars and are way to expensive. And then Enduratech coilovers seem nice, but I need adjustable dampening. With the AJ-R christmas specials you cant go wrong for $550 shipped. And if i dont like the ride height ill just sell the springs and get new ones, and come out about even.

p.s. Ask yourself, are you really gonna adjust the height that much? ..no you'll just find a good height, maybe play with it a few days, and then just get to lazy to change it.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by PwRmAd
p.s. Ask yourself, are you really gonna adjust the height that much? ..no you'll just find a good height, maybe play with it a few days, and then just get to lazy to change it.
this is such a good point. to me, having height adjustable coilovers is more about guaranteeing that you can be slammed as oppossed to constantly messing with ride height.

aside from the mugen set ups, the fixed damper/spring combo from tr1 is VERY nicely priced, included adjustable damping and the drop is perfect.

i'm considering them and enduratech, because they both cater to daily driving, with track days a few adjustments away.(truer in the aj's set up.)

kenchan is not sponsored by enduratech, but he is one of the only guys running their set up.

to be honest its hard to gauge ANY of these companies, because there are only a handful of modded fits out there.

enduratech does have a good rep though, all the other products they make are for sti's and evos and i've read nothing but praise, and not just on their own website.

ken has been very honest about the coilover set up as well...he has explicitly explained that it is biased towards comfort, as oppossed to say, skunk 2's. suitable for a track day or too yes, but not the setup you want if you are going to be doing a lot of runs in your car.

with all these coilovers companies like d2 who have ridiculous 100 way adjustments selling for less than 1k, claiming to be everything you ever wanted, i think its safe to say that a 'de-contented' set up like the enduratechs that come out saying they are more for a daily driven set up from the get go speaks worlds of their legitimacy.

but you know, thats just me.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by OCKC
Very tough decision...Like some of you are saying the T1R setup is nice but for a few bills more you can get D2 coilovers...Some one also said if you don't want t harsh ride D2s are not the way to go?????Some one please help!!!!I wish some one actually has these T1Rs installed so we can get some feedback.....
there is feedback on the t1r's in the aj racing section. i can't remember the members name, but his inital thoughts are in that thread.

according to the guys at ajracing, the first 2 settings improve stablity and handling, and are worlds more comfy than stock. setting 3 keeps the ride for the most part, and drastically increasing handling prowress. the other adjustments are stiffer, but subsequently 'better' from a handling perspective. (they do suggest getting some front camber though)

as far as d2's are concerned, i think that 36way adjustability probably doesn't preceed daily drivability, because if you need that many adjustments you are probably tracking your car. just seems like overkill to me. i have no idea what the spring rates are though, and thats what determines 'harshness'. you could check their website, but i have before, and i don't think that info was made public.

Old 12-14-2008, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member
im getting my T1R dampers and s-coil springs on next saturday. i will give you guys some feedback.

I was also going between D2, skunk and enduratech. i didnt trust d2, to0 cheap and i think they are just rebadged, almost megan coilovers. Skunk 2 coilovers are for those who track their cars and are way to expensive. And then Enduratech coilovers seem nice, but I need adjustable dampening. With the AJ-R christmas specials you cant go wrong for $550 shipped. And if i dont like the ride height ill just sell the springs and get new ones, and come out about even.

So did you ever get these on your car?

Old 12-14-2008, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
Um...no. Its a long story and im just running the T1R springs right now

Old 12-14-2008, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
Um...no. Its a long story and im just running the T1R springs right now
Aw...I was waiting on some feedback too...

Quick Reply: what shocks/struts to go with skunk2 springs?