Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Ingalls Camber Kit Review

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 05:18 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up Ingalls Camber Kit Review

I just got the Ingalls front camber kit installed yesterday. I also got the car aligned (the toe was way messed up), while at it, and set the camber to -1.3 to -1.4 negative up front, and the rear was measured to be -1.25 negative. I told the place to just set it the front so it was close or more then the rear by a little bit. I told them this because my rear was having very little to no camber wear.

The things I have done to the car already in suspension,
Tanabe DF210's, and a Progress Rear Sway Bar, on 17" wheels with Toyo Proxes 205/45.
(But this is short to just review getting a camber kit installed, having the camber setting right for you, and emphasizing that you really should get a alignment after lowering.)

Performance - I think from the need of camber itself, but prob from the kit I guess.

OK, the car literally does not understeer at all anymore. It oversteered today though. When having fun, I usually accel through the turns. Every corner makes you confident you can step on the gas. I havent heard a screech from my Toyo Proxes after the install, even when it oversteered,

...like on a big circle offramp.
The touge and slalom... like on Azusa Canyon Roads were very stable compared to previous encounters.

Going on freeway or without holding the wheel, it kept straight for a long long time, even if the road was slanted, it took a while to go over. The steering response is heavier!

Its one of the most basic ideas or things you should be able to if you want good handling, youd dial in a the right toe, the camber you want, and have a good set of tires, in addition to shocks/springs/or coilovers. (At least it was easy to set up the suspension the way you want it in the old cars, now everything is unadjustable unless you buy some kit...)

Quality of Product
The camber bolts were great quality. Heavy Black Steel, compared to the stock ones they replace. The alignment said that it has up to 2+- degrees in setting although we did not have to use that tab washer. They said it was for another application?

I love the way it handles and it handles more similar to my other car thanks to this camber kit. Hopefully it can corner as well as my other car soon.

If anyone is was like me, who had a lowered car, with a great set of grippy wheels for their suspension (and prob a RSB), I would seriously recommend you to get this kit and set up some good camber!

Old 07-11-2009, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
Awesome! I'm about to get me some of these.

Old 07-11-2009, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member
no more understeer by installing the camber bolts?thats impossible.

camber bolts make your ride more stable during the corner(more grip).

However I dont feel any difference by fitting camber bolts for FIT.