Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Honda Fit Rear springs fit Toyota Yaris

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Honda Fit Rear springs fit Toyota Yaris

Hey guys,

I am a Yaris owner. I actually wanted a Fit, but I sold my 240sx in April of 2007 and the Fit wasnt out yet. Anyways, you guys may not care about this, because it is more useful for us than you, but i thought i would mention it.

I have a Toyota Yaris with Tanabe DF210's. The spring options for are car are very soft, most are 3kg front and anywhere from 2-3.5 kg rear. One of the best mods for the car is a big fat rear sway bar. So the car needs more rear stiffness. I have been looking for a solution to this problem for quite some time and finally found something.

My parents have a Honda Fit Sport (on my advice thank you, and they love it!) I was helping my dad rotate his tires and i started looking at the rear suspension. They are VERY similar. I measured the length of the oem spring when compressed and it was 9". The rear spring of my yaris is about 8" and it is a lowering spring. So, i got a rear set of springs from another friend with a Fit who has coilovers. I installed them on the car and they fit perfect! Since they were OEM, they sat about an inch to an inch and half higher. Also, there are two rubber insulators on the spring, top and bottom, each about a half inch thick, so you can play with the height a little more by removing them.

So, what i plan on doing next is getting a set of rear springs, i would really like to try the Skunk2 springs, im looking for a used set now.

So why do i care about this? I do alot of track racing and i think the car could use more rear spring. Does it need 3x as much? ha, i dunno, the Tanabe at 280 lbs may be better.

Anyways, perhaps this is helpful to you, perhaps it is not, but i thought i would let you guys know!

If you have any extra rear springs, feel free to email me! kngrsll@gmail.com

Old 09-07-2009, 02:56 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kngrsll
Hey guys,

but I sold my 240sx in April of 2007 and the Fit wasnt out yet.
I got my Fit in April 06, But welcome to fit freak!

Old 09-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
I got my Fit in April 06, But welcome to fit freak!
hmm, maybe it was march. I know it was out like 2 weeks later, i was bummed, but i have been happy with the yaris.

Old 09-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Interesting... I might have to look up on that more. Even though it fits, it may cause damage to the shocks or what not... but very interesting

Old 10-03-2009, 01:42 AM
5 Year Member
hahha now we have another place to sell stock springs! on the yaris forums!

Old 11-08-2009, 11:35 PM
Yeah some things are interchangeable between models and sometime between brand! Like the stock DOHC Neon cams in a SRT-4 that are worth something like 15 to 20Whp! Good bang for the buck and dirt cheap too!Marko!