Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

C-Pillar Bar

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 09:39 PM
C-Pillar Bar

Hello everyone at Fit Freak!

Obviously I'm new here but have some mild experience with the Fit. I have a 2008 Base Fit (Obviously) on which I have installed an ebay short ram intake and an ebay strut tower brace for the front. My question to the people more experienced in the platform is if a C-Pillar Bar will make a noticeable difference in the feel of the car? I am looking at one from advance speed shop that is only $18. As you can tell I am someone looking to small modifications on the cheap lol If someone with some experience with C-Pillar bars on the honda fit could chime in I would greatly appreciate it. Hell anyone can post if they'd like

Old 07-19-2012, 05:13 AM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by 2008Fit
Hello everyone at Fit Freak!

Obviously I'm new here but have some mild experience with the Fit. I have a 2008 Base Fit (Obviously) on which I have installed an ebay short ram intake and an ebay strut tower brace for the front. My question to the people more experienced in the platform is if a C-Pillar Bar will make a noticeable difference in the feel of the car? I am looking at one from advance speed shop that is only $18. As you can tell I am someone looking to small modifications on the cheap lol If someone with some experience with C-Pillar bars on the honda fit could chime in I would greatly appreciate it. Hell anyone can post if they'd like
I paid in $30 range for a cheap one. I do not drive hard enough to test it. It does make one great coat hanger. I want one for my Caravan

100_6701.jpg?t=1280350720

Old 07-19-2012, 12:47 PM
C pillar bars make excellent coat hangers.

That's about the extent of their usefulness.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the insight guys
Do you have any suggestions for some suspension mods that will make a noticeable difference in handling and the feel of the car?
I am looking into lowering springs but that is a little further down the road.
Rear strut tower bar, swaybars, underbraces?

Old 07-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by 2008Fit
Do you have any suggestions for some suspension mods that will make a noticeable difference in handling and the feel of the car?
#1 should be good tires and wheels. All the chassis bracing and suspension parts in the world won't do a thing without them.

What do you have now as far as tires/wheels?

Old 07-19-2012, 03:24 PM
I am on the stock 14" steelies with hubcaps looking to change that in due time
As for tires I just got new tires last week, got a pretty good price on them
Bridgestone Insignia SE200 Tires | Firestone Complete Auto Care

Old 07-19-2012, 04:21 PM
Well, I would have suggested some more performance-oriented tires, but you've already got them, so we can go from there...

Honestly, I wouldn't waste too much money on braces and all those little do-dads, that's stuff you put on after you've got everything else sorted out.

It kind of seems like you're on a budget, so i'm not going to say "go get $2k coilovers", but i'd save up for some springs and shocks. If you have to choose between the two, get shocks first (you can get Tokico HP) but it makes sense to just do both at the same time.

If you want to get something NOW that's not a ton of money i'd try to pick up a rear sway bar. It will improve handling more noticeably than any brace you can throw on the car.