Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

GD Shocks with Swift Springs

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 10:59 PM
GD Shocks with Swift Springs

Well I just installed some Swift Springs on a 2007 Fit base model. The shocks do not have much life in them and was wondering which ones will most people run with the swift springs.

KYB gas or the Tokico Blues? I am not worried about having adjustable shocks I want something a step above stock that will work well with the swift springs that will not be so bouncy.

Old 01-08-2015, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
Most people run Swift springs with OEM shocks.

That's what the springs were designed to work with. Your OE shocks are probably just blown, thus bouncy. Why you put lowering springs on blown dampers is beyond me though.

Old 01-08-2015, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Most people run Swift springs with OEM shocks.

That's what the springs were designed to work with. Your OE shocks are probably just blown, thus bouncy. Why you put lowering springs on blown dampers is beyond me though.
Right, I read that. I am asking who have ran the KYB gas and or the Tokico Blues with Swift springs. Those shocks are probably pretty close to stock as you get for the 2007-2008. There is not a lot of choices and I don't feel like getting some factory factory shocks.

Further more I never really defined bouncy, and maybe it's just the way the car rides with the springs. The shocks are still good on the car, no leaks what so ever and when I was swapping the springs they felt fine when manually compressing the shock and knowing how many miles that are on them combined with the lowering springs I probably have a year left on them with the amount I drive, I am just gathering parts to do the dampeners and the brakes at the same time as they will need it too.

Thanks for your 2 cents on the blown out shocks and installing springs concern its beyond me that you assume things like that.

Old 01-08-2015, 11:29 PM
5 Year Member
You just said they're bouncy.

Swifts are not bouncy.

Therefore its your shocks/struts.

Also, its dampers, not dampeners.

Old 01-09-2015, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by mike410b
You just said they're bouncy.

Swifts are not bouncy.

Therefore its your shocks/struts.

Also, its dampers, not dampeners.

Thank you TROLL! Go home you are drunk.

Old 01-09-2015, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
anyways...

i use koni yellows in the rear, and tokico hts (d-spec) in the front...

both can be adjusted to be quite comfortable or firmer (esp the koni's)...

Old 01-09-2015, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
if you don't care about adjustability, the kyb's will be fine. If they are anything like the ones I had on my FXT, they aren't much different from stock - which those springs were designed for.

Old 01-09-2015, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by apexanimal
anyways...

i use koni yellows in the rear, and tokico hts (d-spec) in the front...

both can be adjusted to be quite comfortable or firmer (esp the koni's)...
Pretty much, some people are very rude.

Isn't the Koni Yellows a retrofit type deal? Yeah I was looking at the Tokico HTS and I am not looking for anything that is adjustable.

Originally Posted by domoMKIV
if you don't care about adjustability, the kyb's will be fine. If they are anything like the ones I had on my FXT, they aren't much different from stock - which those springs were designed for.
I had the Tokico Blues on one of my old trucks and I like them a lot. I mean for a small amount more the Tokico Blues can be had over the KYB's are supposed to direct replacement of the stock shocks. I think the Tokico Blues will work well with the swift spring as well. The main concerpt with the swift springs it works with the stock shocks usable stroke to help maintain comfort yet help handling.

I just want to see what people run out there with their Swift Springs.

Old 01-09-2015, 05:36 PM
Either would be fine, but personally I prefer the HPs over the "GR-2" aka Excel G. Both are OEM replacements, but I think the HPs have a little more sport to them.

If they had HPs for the GE I would get them with lowering springs. I've had some sets in the past on other cars that put up with more than they were designed to do without blowing... other people may have different experiences but I think they're a decent light duty shock for the price. I've had the GR2s as well and they were also fine, no premature failures or anything.