Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

New 13 sport owner advise needed.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 04:49 PM
New 13 sport owner advise needed.

Guy's I just picked up a super clean 13 sport manual shift (11k miles on the clock) for my daily commuter. I drive an hour to and from work mostly interstate with about 15 minutes of twisty side roads. I want to start my modifications with the suspension. I can't get radical with low ride height due to winter in my area. I would like to add more stability at higher speeds on the highway and in the twisty's. My overall goal is to make my fun little fit handle like a boss. LOL....... Been checking out my options for strut/sway bars etc.

Advise from experienced Fit owners will be greatly valued If you could give me some advise on good vendors for our cars that would be great as well..

Old 04-23-2016, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
I have a '13 Fit Sport and just put on the koni strut with eibach package from tirerack, along with a progress 19 mm rear sway bar and it literally transformed the car's handling into a slot car now. It lowered it a bit more than I would have liked, but that is all subjective to personal taste anyways. Ride is a bit tighter now and not too harsh, more of a German car feeling to it now. A lot more cost effective way than going coil overs and cusco parts imho. Good luck.

Last edited by dayshay; 04-23-2016 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-24-2016, 03:33 PM
I lowered mine on Tien S- Tech I bought from a member here. I also got a great deal from a member on Cusco 2-point mid brace and wow what a difference. I noticed the big difference in rigidity going over railroad tracks and interstate/bridge expansion joints. The next thing I'll do B4 the RSB is add 10mm spacers on the rear wheels to widen the rear tract of rear to help stability.

Old 04-24-2016, 06:29 PM
5 Year Member
Swift springs? Anyone have those to recommend? I believe they do not lower the car much.

Old 05-01-2016, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae
I lowered mine on Tien S- Tech I bought from a member here. I also got a great deal from a member on Cusco 2-point mid brace and wow what a difference. I noticed the big difference in rigidity going over railroad tracks and interstate/bridge expansion joints. The next thing I'll do B4 the RSB is add 10mm spacers on the rear wheels to widen the rear tract of rear to help stability.

@Desmond Lamar MacRae- I'm looking around on the net for the "Cusco 2-point mid brace" you are referring to and can't seem to find it on their site. I have Koni Sports/Eibach springs and Progressive rear sway bar now on my 13 Fit Sport and am thinking lower chassis braces are next but haven't seen your mid brace. Is it an upper strut tie bar you mean? Is it on either of the sites linked below? Thanks.

Vehicle Results

Honda Fit Performance Auto Parts | KamiSpeed.com[Bracing]=1877

Old 05-01-2016, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fujisawa
Swift springs? Anyone have those to recommend? I believe they do not lower the car much.
There are HUGE threads on Swifts.

Search & read.

Old 05-01-2016, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by dayshay
@Desmond Lamar MacRae- I'm looking around on the net for the "Cusco 2-point mid brace" you are referring to and can't seem to find it on their site. I have Koni Sports/Eibach springs and Progressive rear sway bar now on my 13 Fit Sport and am thinking lower chassis braces are next but haven't seen your mid brace. Is it an upper strut tie bar you mean? Is it on either of the sites linked below? Thanks.

Vehicle Results

Honda Fit Performance Auto Parts | KamiSpeed.com[Bracing]=1877
I'm the Fitfreak rep for Clazzio Seat Covers | Accessories | Lowering Springs | Scion | Nissan | Honda. We carry both 2 point & 4 point mid-brace's. PM me before purchasing if indeed you decide to.