Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

2007 Fit TODO list feedback

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 02:38 PM
2007 Fit TODO list feedback

Hey Guys,

I have lurked around for a few months now and I am at a crossroads with my 2007. I can either flip it for a new car, or start putting some money into it. It has had no issues so far, only had to replace coil packs and spark plugs 4 months ago.

I want to make the fit more fun to drive (faster) and was hoping on getting some feedback and recommendations on kits/parts/shops. I am in Toronto for those who will ask.

Phase 1 Start with a suspension upgrade.
Phase 2 Go for a turbo kit.

Is this a good route?
Any recommendations for TO shops that could do that work?
Any recommendations for specific parts/kits that would be good value?

My budget for phase 1 is ~$2000.
My budget for phase 2 is ~$2000.

There is some wiggle room in those budget numbers as well.

Thanks for anyone that gives me a read!

Old 12-22-2015, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member
You budget of both MIGHT just get a good turbo on there...

Doing forced induction right costs more than most think especially after factoring in tuning time.. And if you don't have a pro tune it ,, even on a light install your cheating yourself out of the real fun of driving a induction enhanced car..

Budget about 1K for the tune..

Old 12-23-2015, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member
you can probably trim some of your budget from phase 1 if you're not doing any wheel/tire/brake work and put it towards the turbo stuff...

Old 12-26-2015, 10:14 AM
Absolutely do the suspension upgrade. Choose your setup wisely though because you don't want to have to do things twice. Springs vs coilovers has been discussed on the site. Use advice/information found here to make your decision. Getting a rear sway bar and strut tower bars helps immensely. They, along with whatever you decide on to lower your car, will make the Fit way more fun to drive. Thankfully the Fit has been around for a few years and parts are relatively cheap for them. Have fun!

Old 12-27-2015, 12:48 AM
5 Year Member
I'd do coils over for phase 1. Most of the normal off the shelf options are 800-1000. Id hit up DWS Parts. The owner is a previous fit owner and normally will have the best prices! I loved my BC coils for my GD.

Flash pro would be my phase 1.5 because it can make it more fun before the boost and will be needed after.

Id look into some budget DIY turbo stuff if you want to try to keep it on the low end of turbo kits. Like OE fuel pumps from other honda, rdx injectors, BOV off a 1g DSM, ect. The manifold and small parts are what's going to be the most costly.