FIT-Vendor Sponsored Group Buys and Sales Organize group buys to get discounts. Only Forum Sponsors may post group buys in this sub-forum. Forum Sponsors will have "FIT Vendors" in their user title and have gone through a screening process by FIT Freak staff.

Rx Motors: Arc Intake Coming Soon

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 09:55 AM
Subscribed and saving up.....

Old 07-31-2008, 10:27 AM
5 Year Member
im sure this intake will make little to no gains.

its more jdm bling

Old 07-31-2008, 10:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by redrumm
im sure this intake will make little to no gains.

its more jdm bling
Werd.

I can't even see the picture and I want one.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Crixtala
Werd.

I can't even see the picture and I want one.

haha it makes the bay look real nice

Old 07-31-2008, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator
hmm looks kind of cool, would deffinty be some nice JDM bling to have. I already have a short air intake so I guess if the ARC showed some gains I'll probable get it, or if I had some extra money to spend

Last edited by MNfit; 07-31-2008 at 03:17 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:11 PM
Retired Moderator
Its stupid if it doesnt make any HP...I call lame on that.

Tyler

Old 07-31-2008, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member
It looks like a sheet metal version of the OEM box. Some ARC setups just look better than others...

I can't imagine this will make much better power than the stock box or a basic SRI...
Too bad because ARC is good JDM bling - and ditto on it looking sweet with the WR Manifold. Heck, I bet it'd look bada$$ w/ the manifold, headers(what little part is visible) and some other shiny tid-bits under the hood. But for the money I'd rather have spend it on a FI setup. Plus I'm not a fan of shiny tidbits...

Old 08-02-2008, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
waiting for dyno results then we'll talk! looks prettyyyyyy but is it functional

Old 08-02-2008, 02:39 PM
god the induction box is so darn sexy!!! ive been looking for decent flicks of it for a while now with no luck.

like every one else has said this intake will probably yield little to no gains whats so ever. the design is to boxy and rigid to have good air flow. i like the fact that it shields heat from the rest of the engine bay but i dont like the fact that it is metal so instead of the filter sucking in hot air the intake is going to get hot and heat up the cool air once it comes in.

another thing that doesnt look to promising is the filter element it self. it looks like a sponge insert similar to the ones that hks uses. sponge filters might have less restriction but when the get hot they dry out, get brittle and start to kind of turn into dust. you really have to watch sponge filters for wear and tear more than you do with the average cotton fiber cone filters.

with all of this in mind i am glad that i started paying off my credit card today. because this box is going to make my engine bay the sex!!!

Old 08-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
Looks like a cheap tin can chocolate box or replacement air conditioning piece. Not liking the looks one bit, who knows regarding any gains it might provide though.

Old 08-02-2008, 05:43 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by F'it_ImFromTx
god the induction box is so darn sexy!!! ive been looking for decent flicks of it for a while now with no luck.
From what I found out this is the first induction box offered for the Fit. The only intake for the JDM Fits was just a heat shield and filter. Probably why you couldnt find pics.

This is based off pics only. ARC wouldnt respond to any of my emails. All they did was link me to Mackin Industries and they have told me everything.

Old 08-02-2008, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by I Am Ray.
From what I found out this is the first induction box offered for the Fit. The only intake for the JDM Fits was just a heat shield and filter. Probably why you couldnt find pics.

This is based off pics only. ARC wouldnt respond to any of my emails. All they did was link me to Mackin Industries and they have told me everything.
apparently arc doesnt like to talk with their customers, spokanejdmgd3 tried to email about the induction box a while back and all he got after two weeks was a refferal to mackin. yea i knew about the other style. which i really wasnt into. all the tube, filter and shield design is, is a metal and more expensive version of the afe intake.

spokanejdmgd3 had been talking with mackin about the intake for NA fits and posting mackins replies in the official intake thread. i think the last response he had from mackin was that they were going to start production on an induction box for usdm fits but had no estimated release date or price. so this gives those who are waiting for the induction box a little hope.

Old 08-02-2008, 08:42 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Maybe ARC isnt good with engrish? *LAUGHS!*
I was talking to Mackin about the intake. But now seeing that a FL company is getting them Ill just go with the FL people.

I could drive there and get it.

Old 08-02-2008, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member
Is it just me or does the welding look like ass? And I would like to paint it black. Then it would look sick!

Old 08-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by osborne
Is it just me or does the welding look like ass? And I would like to paint it black. Then it would look sick!

Remember, These pictures are the Prototype pictures. Not the final product.

I am working close with Mackin, and will have the first available. I will keep updating.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
Trust me, I am not knocking it. It looks awesome and I would love to get my hands on one if the price is right. I just hope that they clean it up before the final release.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
arc intake's are extremely well built. i took a look at their evo X induction box and the build quality is top notch - beautiful craftsmanship. one cant accurately knock the quality of any product from a shoddy online image. if you look carefully, you can see how the welds overlap each other like a roll of coins - most consider this a key indicator of EXCELLENT welding.

quality aside, i cant speak for their performance - they have a notoriety for little-no gains. sponge filters allow for superior flow - but require the high maintenance. again, since this hasnt been officially released, no one can know sure.

as for me, though im might get a mini-jdm boner over this intake - ill stick to my t1r.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:07 PM
rxmotors

one thing that you might want to bring up as an issue since you are working with arc is that if they market this intake as being compatible with A/T fits they will have to solve an issue with the heat shield that some one on the forums with an AFE intake has encountered.

if they produce the intake exactly how it looks now the heat shield will be directly over the coolant overflow tank and trans. dip stick. so in order for A/T fits to check and add coolant or check and add trans fluid they will have to remove the whole intake.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member
I am not sure if this means anything, but ARC's Super Induction Box for the JDM Fit runs around $333USD on one website and $420USD on another.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by osborne
I am not sure if this means anything, but ARC's Super Induction Box for the JDM Fit runs around $333USD on one website and $420USD on another.
it means that no matter who you buy this intake from it is going to cost a ridiculous amount of money.

Quick Reply: Rx Motors: Arc Intake Coming Soon