FIT-Vendor Sponsored Group Buys and Sales Organize group buys to get discounts. Only Forum Sponsors may post group buys in this sub-forum. Forum Sponsors will have "FIT Vendors" in their user title and have gone through a screening process by FIT Freak staff.

Mugen Kit for the USDM Honda Fit GE

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Former Vendor
Mugen Kit for the USDM Honda Fit GE

Well, we did it. We are almost done with the prototyping of the kit. I will be starting a Group Buy on this item soon. For now enjoy the pictures.

Name:  test1-4.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  119.0 KB
Name:  test2-4.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  107.7 KB
Name:  test3-4.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  105.2 KB
Name:  test4-1.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  110.7 KB

Type M Front Bumper (106929) :: MSRP - $299.00
Type M Sideskirts (106930) :: MSRP - $275.00
Type M Rear Lip (106931) :: MSRP - $299.00
Type M Wing (106932) :: MSRP - $249.00

Obviously the Group Buy pricing will be alot different and will be determined by how many people are actually interested in the kit. You GE owners wanted something and this is how it begins!

I would love to hear some feedback and also if you are interested let us know!

Old 11-09-2011, 11:20 PM
5 Year Member
I have some feedback. It looks nice but i want to suggest some changes...I think you should not have a designated "License Plate" area...mostly its annoying and a lot of people that will buy a kit want to relocate it anyway. if that was smoothed to match the contours of the bumper and the section that protrudes down into the big open grill area was even with the rest, i think i would be very interested in this.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:46 AM
I'll second the license plate thought. I live in TN and we aren't required nor does anyone have front license plates, unless they bought a car from a dealership that carelessly drilled through the bumper to plug their establishment.

Also, I have a question about the wing. Will the wing bolt up to the stock mounting points of the GE sport wing or will you have to drill new holes to mount your wing. I would design your wing with the look of the MUGEN, which I love, but incorporate the stock mounting points to make it an easy swap. This would sell one to me immediately. If I had to drill new holes, I wouldn't even consider buying it.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:46 AM
Former Vendor
The license plate is necssary, if anyone is unhappy with that then you can always modify it before you paint it. Its easier to trim away pieces you are unhappy with then add more fiberglass work.

The Type M wing will not be prdrilled and honestly its not very difficult to mount the wing, tape it on and then drill in the new holes using the oem mounting points.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Extreme Dimensions
The license plate is necssary, if anyone is unhappy with that then you can always modify it before you paint it. Its easier to trim away pieces you are unhappy with then add more fiberglass work.

The Type M wing will not be prdrilled and honestly its not very difficult to mount the wing, tape it on and then drill in the new holes using the oem mounting points.
There is no functional or law mandated reason why there needs to be an inset "license plate" portion on a bumper. Even the stock bumpers don't have this as they are mounted from the underside of the top of the middle grill area. why cant the plates just continue to be mounted in this location?

It really has nothing to do with people being unhappy and still buying the product....I can guarantee that someone will not buy this if they have to make modifications to it... isn't that the whole reason you adapted the jdm Mugen bumper for usdm fits? to allow it to work WITHOUT modifications...why bother if you still need to mess with it? just my .02

Old 11-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Former Vendor
Granted the license plate area does not require the extra material, but it makes the bracket of the plate stronger. We're just trying to stay true to the original design.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:35 PM
5 Year Member
Granted the license plate area does not require the extra material, but it makes the bracket of the plate stronger. We're just trying to stay true to the original design.

I just feel that most people would prefer a cleaner look, especially since not one single USDM plate is wide like in other countries....just seems out of place

Old 11-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Former Vendor
I'm on the same boat as you, I don't care for the front bracket much, but they want to keep it as original as possible.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:44 PM
5 Year Member
Well that's a damn shame lol...anyway...just providing feedback. I'm interested to see the final product

Old 11-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Java^FiT
Well that's a damn shame lol...anyway...just providing feedback. I'm interested to see the final product
me too!

Old 11-10-2011, 01:04 PM

So, the wing comes without any holes or way to attach it to the vehicle? I'm no professional, but from all the other designs I've seen the wings do have mounting points, whether they match the OEM holes or not.

I believe the stock wing is secured using bolts. How will bolts screw into this wing if it comes with no mounting points? Once you drill the holes to match the OEM bolts, then what?

Old 11-11-2011, 04:04 AM
5 Year Member
looks amazing! will u guys offer plastic grill inserts for the grills next to the fog lights? something that looks more stock and original. i hate seeing chicken wire on bumpers.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:40 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by bunz559
looks amazing! will u guys offer plastic grill inserts for the grills next to the fog lights? something that looks more stock and original. i hate seeing chicken wire on bumpers.
Plastic mesh is very hard to come by and typically is very expensive. As of right now the only option is the aluminum mesh, it's not the same as the chicken wire you buy from Home Depot.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:45 AM
5 Year Member
Plastic mesh is very hard to come by and typically is very expensive. As of right now the only option is the aluminum mesh, it's not the same as the chicken wire you buy from Home Depot.
so your saying this: McMaster-Carr

is more expensive than something made with metal?

Old 11-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Former Vendor
For us that would be correct. It wouldn't be cost effective for us. That is pretty much all I can say without giving away our cost. thanks.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:37 PM
5 Year Member
Perhaps having black would be best since it would stand out as much.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:29 PM
5 Year Member
it's ok and thanks for the fast reply! i wasn't thinking of anything within the realm of plastic mesh like the McMaster. i was thinking more along the lines of the plastic housing around our fog lights. maybe you guys can design and develop one and sell it separately? i understand cost is important but it would be super nice to have something there other than metal mesh.