Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

I heard that rota rims are no good from a tuner shop

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member
Just happen to see your post and went back to honda-tech.com to look for this. It has been covered million times in different forums but anyway here's what u can look at:

Honda-Tech.com: Appearance / Cosmetic: ->Rota Owners Beware! ....

I'm sure this is NOT the only thread about rotas' problem. I've seen one on NASIOC.com I think.

Well IMHO, I would buy something like Buddy Club P1 Racing/Kosei K1, Enkei RP01 etc. It's pretty hard to find RP01 nowadays but yeah I think u can still find new/used Kosei K1 cheap(eg. from Tire Rack). They're light & strong, about 13lbs each for 15x7 +45mm. I've been using Kosei K1 for at least 4yrs and no complain at all. Looks great, original design, easy to wash, fits most honda really well. That's why I really rather have these than ANY of the rotas myself. Coz I don't feel safe using rotas PLUS I don't need the "look" of any TE37/Regamaster EVO/Mugen MF8 myself, if I can't afford any!

It's entirely up to you. It's your own car man.

Last edited by spoonek4; 06-07-2007 at 09:57 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
Are Rota's painted or powder coated???

Old 06-07-2007, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by spoonek4
Just happen to see your post and went back to honda-tech.com to look for this. It has been covered million times in different forums but anyway here's what u can look at:

Honda-Tech.com: Appearance / Cosmetic: ->Rota Owners Beware! ....

I'm sure this is NOT the only thread about rotas' problem. I've seen one on NASIOC.com I think.
To be fair to Rota, here was their response.

Rota's response to the problem.

Peace.

Old 06-08-2007, 01:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fittogo
To be fair to Rota, here was their response.

Rota's response to the problem.

Peace.
I don't think they will want to upset the consumers(especially those who will sue business). And not like they lose as much money on replacing rims as automobile manufacturers do on doing mandatory safety recalls.

I'd just pay a lil more for that peace of mind. Don't they used to have it at 110usd/pc of 15" +38mm offset Kosei K1 on Tire Rack?

Old 06-08-2007, 08:26 PM
There are stories about every wheel company like this.....I'll buy 10 sets of rotas and you can buy 1 set of Volks and I'll sleep better at night because I'm not stupid enough to track on a street wheel...

Old 06-08-2007, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by User Name
There are stories about every wheel company like this.....I'll buy 10 sets of rotas and you can buy 1 set of Volks and I'll sleep better at night because I'm not stupid enough to track on a street wheel...
Great choice on getting RPF1 for your Fit.

Old 07-04-2007, 06:56 AM
5 Year Member
rota and motegi etc...
all crap wheels...sure they look good, but they don't last, go over alittle pot hole and ur wheel could go outa shape.

no good .... buy some works or SSR !!

Old 07-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by FELIXY69
rota and motegi etc...
all crap wheels...sure they look good, but they don't last, go over alittle pot hole and ur wheel could go outa shape.

no good .... buy some works or SSR !!
I'm not arguing here but people do need to realize that this could happen to ANY wheel of ANY make or ANY construction used in todays wheels.

BTW: Just because some wheel makers are cheaper in their quality doesn't mean they're a crap product. Would a couple of cracked real deal SPOON rims qualify as crap? Not to me because i know it can happen.

Are ALL the things you buy top brand items? Probably not... just like the rest of us. Now if your pockets are THAT deep that you can afford top brand products then I don't think we'd be seeing you in these forums. If so... we'd be surprised.
*Disclaimer* The use of the word "you" and "your" is not directed to, FELIXY69, personally.

Old 07-05-2007, 01:47 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by grandam
I am just wondering I was looking at getting either Work rims or Rota rims I live in calgary and was talking to a reputible shop about rims and they said that the Rota rims are not that great at all, they pretty said that they are garbage and dont hold up like rims such as Work rims, and also that the paint comes off of the the wheels I am just wondering if this is true and what is your feedback on your rota rims. Also I was looking at either 15"-or 16" what do you think suits a lowered fit best.

Thank you:

Mark
Since my above post was not an accurate reply to the thread in general... I feel I should reply accordingly.

Mark, If "that" shop wasn't fond of Rota wheels it could be for many reasons for which I wouldn't concern myself with. Move on to the next shop or look online. Internet shopping can be a great resource for helping your desicion making.

As for you asking about our opinion on rim size for a lowered Fit. I prefer 16's or 17's. Though I've seen some very nice Fits with 15's. It's all up to you man. Which wheel, size, color, shape, make, and model it's your money, your car, and a desicion you'll have to live with for how ever long you decide to keep the wheels.

Old 07-05-2007, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member
every rota ive owned no problems!, but i dont own rotas anymore so i couldnt tell you with their new models, designs, etc

Old 07-24-2007, 12:02 AM
5 Year Member
choosing from rota's and works is a big difference. honestly you can buy rota's that look like the real deal or DRAG wheels are the same thing if you want to get a decent rim at a decent price rota or drag is your option

Old 07-24-2007, 02:33 AM
5 Year Member
my way of thinking it... a set of wheel makes the car what it is.
a nice of wheels make a car look nice, and an ugly set makes the car look ugly....

i come from a world of skylines/nissans, i've been tuning and building and driving them for couple of years now. i bought a fit cuz i realize i can't drive a 800hp car everyday.

once i steped into the honda world i realized everyone is about having spoon rad caps, real mugen rain guard, spoon shiftknob,......etc....spending money on brand new, useless stuff that won't even add points to the car.

to me i'd rather spend 80% of my budge on a nice set of wheels then buying spoon stickers or rad cap.

that's just me.

Old 07-24-2007, 02:34 AM
5 Year Member
then again...if u like rotas...and ur budge only allow rotas....then buy rotas.

Old 07-24-2007, 03:17 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
rotas are a great wheel, ur tuner is an idiot, probably a JDM follower