Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

Wheel fitment question!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 01:38 AM
5 Year Member
Question Wheel fitment question!

Well, I recently purchased some 15x6.5 Sparco NS-II's wheels with a +32mm offset. The wheels came with some beefy tires (2-205/55s and 2-205/60s) but I do plan on replacing with some stock tires for the meantime. During a test fit, it seemed like the stock wheel studs were too short to barely even put on any lug nuts. The cheapo lug nuts that I had used for testing purposes didn't even fit since the lug holes are apparently smaller! In order to make these wheels fit what would you recommend I do? Do I have to buy some extended wheel studs? Also, which lug nuts are compatible with these wheels since it seems like I need some "stepped" style lug nuts? Please help b/c I would really like to put these bad boys on asap! Thanks in advance!

Here's a pic of the wheels as I prepped them for paint.
Name:  CIMG1540.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  129.3 KB

Last edited by IstayFitted; 07-21-2008 at 01:55 AM.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by IstayFitted
Well, I recently purchased some 15x6.5 Sparco NS-II's wheels with a +32mm offset. The wheels came with some beefy tires (2-205/55s and 2-205/60s) but I do plan on replacing with some stock tires for the meantime. During a test fit, it seemed like the stock wheel studs were too short to barely even put on any lug nuts. The cheapo lug nuts that I had used for testing purposes didn't even fit since the lug holes are apparently smaller! In order to make these wheels fit what would you recommend I do? Do I have to buy some extended wheel studs? Also, which lug nuts are compatible with these wheels since it seems like I need some "stepped" style lug nuts? Please help b/c I would really like to put these bad boys on asap! Thanks in advance!
I believe those wheels / tires will rub at 32 mm offset.

Old 07-21-2008, 05:08 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
I ran the exact same setup on my Enkei Racing S and The wheels fit on fine... You WILL rub tho.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
I ran the exact same setup on my Enkei Racing S and The wheels fit on fine... You WILL rub tho.
Thanks for the responses guys. It just seemed like I had to replace the oem wheel studs with extended ones...so any typical tuner lugs would should work fine then? Forgot to mention that I am not lowered yet so hopefully rubbing would be minimal.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Theres something wrong with the hub bore or the lugs you used. The offset of wheels wont make your OEM lug studs shorter; unless you used spacers of some kind. Those wheels either werent sitting flush on the hub or the lugs you used are crap. (as you said)

Get some nice tuner lugs with locks. Kics or Rays. Something like that.

Also, if you want them on with minimal rubbing use 195/50/15's for tires. Not lowered you might not rub. Not much at least. Lowered you will as said above.

Old 07-22-2008, 04:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by I Am Ray.
Theres something wrong with the hub bore or the lugs you used. The offset of wheels wont make your OEM lug studs shorter; unless you used spacers of some kind. Those wheels either werent sitting flush on the hub or the lugs you used are crap. (as you said)

Get some nice tuner lugs with locks. Kics or Rays. Something like that.

Also, if you want them on with minimal rubbing use 195/50/15's for tires. Not lowered you might not rub. Not much at least. Lowered you will as said above.
Thanks for the response...I tried one of my friend's rays lug nuts and it didn't fit either. It looks like I will have to find some decent small diameter lug nuts.

Old 07-22-2008, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by IstayFitted
Thanks for the response...I tried one of my friend's rays lug nuts and it didn't fit either. It looks like I will have to find some decent small diameter lug nuts.
1. Not all wheels have the same thickness between the base of the lubnut and the hub face. If your lugs are now too short and you have different wheels that may be the reason.
2. Many wheels need the 'tuner' lug nuts to fit inside the 'holes' to the lutbolys.. They are smaller and require a special tool (essentially a inside grooved pipe that matches the lugnuts grooves) but still need to be tightened with a torque wrench.
3. Be sure you have engagement of the lugnuts equal to the diameter of the bolt. Two or three 'turns' is not safe !

Old 07-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Youll probably need slim lugs. I dont know there real name, I think if you mentioned slim lugs and told whoever your problem theyll know what to do.

I know my friend Jerome has TINY lugs on his Fit. Hes on Arospeed wheels. The lugs are so slim and skinny. He cant remember where he got them though.