Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

Wheel question

Old 06-10-2012, 12:51 AM
Wheel question

So, I bought some wheels/tires off craigslist couldn't pass it up. Dude had them up for 120 two tires shot, two almost brand new. Wheels were curb checked pretty bad on a couple of them but I already fixed all four and going into paint next weekend. I walked away with them for 80 bucks so doing a little work with a DA and JB Weld was no biggie. Anyway, I went to go see what one looked like on the car and no threads show for the lug to go on. These wheels are the Enkei Sport Lines I don't remember when they were made but I know it was a long ass time ago and the backing plate is thick. Anyone run into this issue? I could have them milled for 100 bucks seeing in how the offset is at a 38mm but would only gain me like 4 threads. I know there is lug nuts that fit inside the lug hole for these kind of issues, but wanted to get some input.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:10 AM
5 Year Member
It's not wise to use these wheels on your Fit. You can do some serious damage to your car by installing these wheels. I came across a motorist on Interstate 5 in Buena Park early this year who broke his lug nuts on one of his front wheels while in traffic. He had oversize wheels on his 1964 Ford Thunderbird, and lost the wheel in traffic when one of his front wheels' wheel studs broke off.

If you try to install the wheels, you'll need to buy a TPMS Valve Stem for each wheel, which will cost you about $100 Per Wheel. You will also risk breaking your lug bolts if you drive the car with those wheels, because you will apply excessive torque to the bolts when driving. Honda warns us of using bigger wheels.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:16 AM
I don't see the harm in running a 17", I see lot's of people on here with them. I don't need pressure sensors, I'm just looking for a way around installing longer studs.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:46 AM
5 Year Member
This could happen to you...do it the right way!

This is what happened to my cousin on his way home after buying this Bimmer. The seller failed to install the correctly sized studs to accomodate the mounted aftermarket wheel/tire combo. The wheels were held on by only a few threads. BTW, the owner agreed to repair all damages due to his neglegence.

Last edited by macbuddy; 06-10-2012 at 02:47 AM. Reason: wrong word used
Old 06-10-2012, 02:49 AM
5 Year Member
these wheels might be hubcentric, forcing you to find some hubcentric lug nuts. post a picture of the wheels

Old 06-10-2012, 03:04 AM
Name:  035.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  149.4 KB
Best picture I have right now

Old 06-10-2012, 03:57 AM
5 Year Member
that seems like it's lugcentric. that's very odd.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
Cruck, you have some nice wheels, and I can understand the temptation to install them on your Fit. However, you're risking your life and the life of others, should you decide to install them. As I said before, I saw a motorist who lost his front wheel when his lug studs broke off his Ford T-bird. The stock wheels on his T-bird are heavier than the stock wheels on any Fit Sports. He also had 17" rims on his T-bird when his studs broke. Also, if your tires fail, and you have an accident as a result, if the victims find out that your car originally had a TPMS system that is not working because you didn't install the TPMS valve stems, you could find yourself in legal trouble. Perhaps you might consider saving the wheels for another vehicle in the future, and finding some rims which are sized perfectly for your Fit? I imagine there's one that looks like these rims that will fit properly.

Last edited by myfoxmystere; 06-10-2012 at 01:32 PM. Reason: spelling