Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

It works! (I knew it would...)

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 09:57 PM
See post up above ^^ Neo-Gens 205/50 When I took the hubs off to install the new studs I saw the Godzilla bearing they use. I very seriously doubt that 15mm will do those bearings any real harm. That being said, if they do wear out i'll replace them, I have the press and bearings aren't terribly expensive.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:55 AM
5 Year Member
Are you planning to run your wheels all year round? I have a friend who ran spacers in the winter and the spacers fused to the rim. If you decide to take your spacers off are you able to run stock lugs or are the stock lugs going to bottom out on the studs?

I've been thinking of spacing out the back but I'm not sure I want to run spacers in the winter. Does Honda make a Open ended lug or could I run a longer lug nut?

Old 05-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I usually rub in a smudge of used engine oil on the back of the rim with my finger where it meets the hub to prevent them from fusing. A lot of times aluminum or other alloys will fuse easily with the hub, it is only assumabe you should do the same for spacers for the same reason.

Most shops will have open unded lugs in stock; they are required for racing events so the studs can be inspected easily. They are ugly as hell though, I turned down a set in favor of closed ones for my rims.

I don't know if you can use a tapered lug though on a stock rim?

Old 05-08-2009, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 99dx
Are you planning to run your wheels all year round? I have a friend who ran spacers in the winter and the spacers fused to the rim. If you decide to take your spacers off are you able to run stock lugs or are the stock lugs going to bottom out on the studs?

I've been thinking of spacing out the back but I'm not sure I want to run spacers in the winter. Does Honda make a Open ended lug or could I run a longer lug nut?

If spacers were steel or iron they rusted together. Use penetrating oil and next time coat thinly both hub and spacer with high temp lube used for lug nuts.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:30 PM
My stockers stick to the rear drums as though glued there anyway, so the spacers aren't really a problem. I seriously doubt the stock lugs will work without the spacers in place, too short by a long stretch. I plan on running the spacers all the time so it shouldn't be a problem, and I will also put anti-seize on the face of the spacer just to be safe as I'm rotating my tires with every oil change to assure longevity.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
Could you take some pic of spacers without the wheel on pplleeaassee.