Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

Help - Advice required

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 03:24 PM
Help - Advice required

Hey Guys,

I am new to posting here (previously only a lurker ) but i need some help spec'in out some wheels.

I have a 08 Fit Sport in silver and I want to get a set of DR-20s (15x7 4x100 - 40 offset). My all seasons still have a lot of tread left, so i will wear those out in the summer before i get new summer rubber. My stock wheels will be for winter w/ winter tires.

My question is: will the Dr-20s with stock (slightly stretched - for now) rubber fit around the brake calipers and without rubbing? I am on stock suspension and i would rather not roll my fenders. i hope to get a set of springs in the spring, but it wont be a huge drop (1 - 1.5" MAX.)

Will these wheels work okay? i like the look of the DR-20s (in gunmetal) but i just want to make sure they will be okay before i get them. Please advise, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Old 08-30-2009, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
You should be okay, you may rub on the fenders a little. But clearing the claiper shouldn't be a problem

Old 09-01-2009, 07:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Caution_NoobDriver
Hey Guys,

I am new to posting here (previously only a lurker ) but i need some help spec'in out some wheels.

I have a 08 Fit Sport in silver and I want to get a set of DR-20s (15x7 4x100 - 40 offset). My all seasons still have a lot of tread left, so i will wear those out in the summer before i get new summer rubber. My stock wheels will be for winter w/ winter tires.

My question is: will the Dr-20s with stock (slightly stretched - for now) rubber fit around the brake calipers and without rubbing? I am on stock suspension and i would rather not roll my fenders. i hope to get a set of springs in the spring, but it wont be a huge drop (1 - 1.5" MAX.)

Will these wheels work okay? i like the look of the DR-20s (in gunmetal) but i just want to make sure they will be okay before i get them. Please advise, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

What does the manufacturer or seller of the DR20 say about the wheel 'dish' clearing calipers?

Old 09-01-2009, 08:14 PM
the seller had one of those "will these wheels fit on your car?" things, but it didnt deal with any dimensions other than diameter (like offset for example).
i suppose its obvious, but i should probably email Drag or the seller.
the seller is wheelsnext.com. does anyone have experience with these guys, specifically shipping to canada? i cant have the gf sit around all day every day waiting for my wheels to get here :P
is there somewhere online that i can dl a section view of the stock fit wheel, or get the measurements of the inside face? if i knew, i could model them in CAD to be sure :P

also, thank you so much for the suggestions. i really appreciate it. im new. lol