Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

ScanGauge II custom mount for Scosche DIN

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 02:03 PM
ScanGauge II custom mount for Scosche DIN

Hello everyone. I am joining these forums to gauge interest in a new product designed by CasopoliS Design LLC. I designed this product for a local Fit owner and would like to see if there is a larger interest in this product. If there is, I will look into pricing for quantity production and offer a group buy for fitfreak forum members.

A brief introduction:
CasopoliS Design LLC focuses on custom interior trim pieces that add functionality that goes above and beyond what OEM options provide. This includes custom OEM-like gauge pods, switch panels, and even shift knobs. The Casopolis Design, LLC website only shows a few products at this point, as most of our sales are forum-based or custom one-off pieces.

The product:
This product is a simple one. It replicates the Scosche DIN pocket, but provides a blank panel rather than the pocket. The local Fit owner / customer wanted to mount his ScanGauge II in this location, so the first variant of this product will be for the ScanGauge II. If there is interest in mounting something else in this location, the blank can be modified for other products as size permits. Also, the blank alone can be offered, and the end-user can modify the plate to mount anything he-she wishes.

For the ScanGauge model, the ScanGauge II will simply snap into this plate, using the recessed slots on the side of the ScanGauge device. It will be flush with the front face of the DIN blank. No cutting required, no glue needed, and its completely reversible.

I am not sure if the Scosche DIN pocket is a somewhat universal design, but if it is, I am sure this product could be mounted in a number of open DIN locations.

The first prototype will be complete tonight, and a test-fit session will occur tomorrow.

Please post your interest in this product, or any ideas you would like to submit to CasopoliS Design LLC for the Fit.

Last edited by CasopoliS; 07-29-2007 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:03 PM

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Just got the prototype done. The prototype material is green, not the actual color of the final product. We painted the front face just for better pictures.... but this piece was just for fitment. So... disregard the coloring.
The tabs that hold the unit in will need some design modifications, but other than that.... it looks really good!

The money shot....

NEWEST DESIGN IN CAR - FITS LIKE A GLOVE !!! DISREGARD THE COLOR, ITS NOT FINAL, JUST SPRAY PAINT NOW SINCE THE ABS COLOR HAS NOT BEEN CHOSEN

Last edited by CasopoliS; 08-02-2007 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member
Great idea! I wish this was out before I put mine in already. What's the price range for this piece going to be?

Old 07-29-2007, 09:10 PM
Added pictures of the prototype. A little more work, but I think we got it!

Pictures of an installed unit to come...

Old 07-29-2007, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
I haven't quite figured out exactly where this is meant to be located so I look forward to the installation picture(s).

Currently using double sided tape on the top edge mounted just under the remote side mirror control - not the best location and the tape fails frequently.

Looks like you have a better solution and I am interested in knowing its mounted location, cost and shipping availability to Canada.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by crazyquay
I haven't quite figured out exactly where this is meant to be located so I look forward to the installation picture(s).
Here is a picture of the Scosche kit with the din pocket. I would replace the entire pocket seen in this picture.... looks like this guy just cut-up the scosche pocket to fit the scangauge.

This picture was borrowed from another thread on this forum and DOES NOT resemble the product I have designed.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
totally interested in this piece. let me know how much the cost for something like this would be. I wanted to replace the radio with a single DIN headunit but didnt want to have that d*** pocket there. I hate that thing. This just made my decision a whole lot easier. I'm totally in.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:01 AM
Crawly, thanks for the interest and PMs. Once the design is complete, they will be for sale on our website.... but we might also do a group buy here as well for the initial batch.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:03 AM
did the test fit in the Fit, and it fit beautifully !!!! Looks very clean and OEM-like.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:02 AM
5 Year Member
I would like to see some installed pictures of this. I have a scan gauge II but the wife really hates all the wires and the "tacked on" look so I don't have it in there yet.

If this makes a clean, "factory look" then I might be interested in getting 1. Thanks

Old 07-31-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by Rdean58
I would like to see some installed pictures of this. I have a scan gauge II but the wife really hates all the wires and the "tacked on" look so I don't have it in there yet.

If this makes a clean, "factory look" then I might be interested in getting 1. Thanks
If you have a Scosche kit, it is VERY clean. Its an exact replica of the DIN pocket that Scosche makes. I will have to find someone with a Metra kit to see how it fits.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
Now I get it.... first I must purchase and install this kit...

Welcome to Scosche Industries

... then I have to purchase and install a replacementCD/radio...then I can consider your product.

Sorry... too much trouble and expense for me. Count me out!!

Old 07-31-2007, 03:29 PM
Many people upgrade audio units or install Carputers.... so I am targeting the audience that did this, but used a single-DIN radio and have an extra DIN left. I will probably make a universal mount for somewhere else as well, so a kit like this might not be necessary.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:01 PM
I am really enjoying my own thread here

anyway, I have redesigned the din mount and will test-fit a new prototype tomorrow.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:35 AM
5 Year Member
Looking forward to some additional pictures. Keep us updated, I already ordered my Scosche install kit so I'm excited about this product becoming available! This will let me have a really clean look with the aftermarket radio I'm looking at but was avoiding buying due to the way it would be installed (with that ugly empty pocket)

Old 08-01-2007, 11:04 PM
The ScanGauge mounts into the new piece very well. Its a little snug sliding in, but once its in place its not going anywhere. You can press the buttons and use the device just fine, and no tape, screws, or modifications are needed.

Now I just need to make sure the plastic does not crack when you thread the side screws in..... then we will be all set! Sale pricing to come....

Before coming a scan gauge distributor, I might actually develop another pod for people with the stock radio (any ideas where this would go?). That way there are enough mounting solutions for EVERYONE. Thanks all

Old 08-02-2007, 12:10 AM
Before coming a scan gauge distributor, I might actually develop another pod for people with the stock radio (any ideas where this would go?). That way there are enough mounting solutions for EVERYONE. Thanks all [/quote]

that would be great news for members who have a scangauge with a stock radio,regarding the location i was thinking about middle console below the dashboard,in fact one of the members has installed it over there.

Old 08-02-2007, 07:22 AM
5 Year Member
That's where mine is. I had to make a little bracket to fit it down there, and I'd love to move it up under the radio. It would look so much better IMO but it looks pretty nice down there, out of the way and you can see it.

Old 08-02-2007, 08:11 AM
cool,

thanks guys. I will look into other mounting solutions as well if it makes sense.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:01 AM
5 Year Member
Another panel for placement of SGII with stock radio would be great. I don't want to get rid of the stock radio and a flush fitting panel just below the heater/ac controls would be cool. It would need to be out of the way of the cup holders, be able to hide all the wire, and look like a factory installation.

Quick Reply: ScanGauge II custom mount for Scosche DIN