Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

KSport Rear Disc Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 09:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wgnths
my kit is on the way. should be here in a week.
Give us phone numbers, website info contact person, and availability date!

Alot of us are IN! <--- That's Why I need the braking force!

Old 02-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by sy11580
Cool..............keep us update!! hopefully this kit can come to my home with the supercharge.

**One question, will this kit have a option of the rotor?? will it be just slot or have a option with drill rotor??
as far as i know, and what we've discussed there will be an option. regular rotor to match the stock fronts(if running stock fronts), and slotted for those of us wanting to match our front slots. i'm not sure a drilled option will be avail. as it has no added benefits.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by gettinafit
Give us phone numbers, website info contact person, and availability date!

Alot of us are IN! <--- That's Why I need the braking force!
Will do. I imagine it will be directly thru Ksport, here in AZ. I'm sure their other distributors will start carrying them as well.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:18 PM
update: ksport informed me my kit is actually in customs now, so it's possible we'll have it tomorrow. i'll make time to get in as soon as it arrives, for install/pics etc.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Banned
wgnths,

I would either place my order on line, or phone it in, if I just knew where to place the order and what product number to enter, TODAY. I don't need to see photos of your kit. Please just let me know the details.

Also, if you are not aware of this, you should be--- the market for this kit that you have tried to develop for Ksport is about to be siphoned off by A J Racing for a kit under development by T1R. The price and parts are similar for both the Ksport and T1R kits. However, according to posts on the T1R kit, there will be a deposit of 50% required, and a delay of up to 60 days for delivery. Since this kit comes from Canada, there will also be a hefty import duty added on.

I have signed on to the interest list for both Ksport AND T1R, but I am really not interested in a 60 day wait after I have committed funds. So again, please advise how and where to order the Ksport kit and my order will directly follow yours.

Thanks for your efforts on this project.

Dave

Old 02-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Ksport is not taking orders on this, until we get my kit, make sure it still fits properly and do a write-up for directions to include with it! Otherwise, i'd gladly tell you to call in and order!

Ksport has taken notice of this thread, as well as the one from A-J, so they want to get this buttoned up asap.

And this kit will simply be added to their line of other brake kits. So, no deposits or long waits. My ksport coilovers were not in-stock, but still only took a week to get.

And again, i don't work for ksport, have no vested interest in ksport and have nothing to do with future purchases of their products. i just wanted to get something made that i thought i could help get done.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Banned
Ksport is not taking orders on this, until we get my kit, make sure it still fits properly and do a write-up for directions to include with it! Otherwise, i'd gladly tell you to call in and order!

Ksport has taken notice of this thread, as well as the one from A-J, so they want to get this buttoned up asap.

And this kit will simply be added to their line of other brake kits. So, no deposits or long waits. My ksport coilovers were not in-stock, but still only took a week to get.

And again, i don't work for ksport, have no vested interest in ksport and have nothing to do with future purchases of their products. i just wanted to get something made that i thought i could help get done.
Good enough-- thanks!

Old 02-05-2008, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
tag for interest

Old 02-06-2008, 09:03 AM
subscribed for interest

Old 02-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Dom
Thanks for the pics of the kit.

Can you confirm how easy it will be to obtain replacement rotors and pads? As in, do I have to buy them from KSport all the time, or can I use the rotors / pads from a different car????

thanks!

Old 02-06-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by Dom
Thanks for the pics of the kit.

Can you confirm how easy it will be to obtain replacement rotors and pads? As in, do I have to buy them from KSport all the time, or can I use the rotors / pads from a different car????

thanks!
i imagine it will be as easy as ordering new ones thru ksport or one of their distributors. i'm not sure what pads are being used just yet, but i'm sure it's a pad that's readily available. i would hope, rear pads/rotors would last a good long time on the back of a fit.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:18 PM
and if everything is on schedule, i'm heading over there tonight to install, take pics, write-up.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:53 PM
5 Year Member
and if everything is on schedule, i'm heading over there tonight to install, take pics, write-up.
that's cool!!! looking forward for your write-up.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:02 PM
kit is here. i'll be using my good friends at ums tuning, for the install. i'll work on getting pics and install info.

ums(a ksport dealer) will be the first to carry/sell this kit. so, once we have it on and everything is good, i'll post their info for ordering.

here's their website: UMS Tuning

Old 02-13-2008, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
Are they on yet? Any feedback?

Old 02-13-2008, 07:30 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Are they on yet? Any feedback?
The last word was the post above yours. I sent a PM to wgnths asking what happened- didn't the kit fit?, but no reply yet. Keep in mind that he has no financial stake in the Ksport kit- just has been trying to get them to make one for us. He has posted that his job has kept him from being able to push things along any faster.

I am following advice posted elsewhere, stating that Ksport quality is better than T1R. I would also prefer to buy from a US source (even for foreign-made products) than Canadian- no disrespect meant to Canadians.
If I miss an opportunity for the T1R kit and the Ksport kit never becomes a reality, I don't feel the need to hang myself in the back yard. I don't NEED the kit, I just want it.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:00 PM
i am definitely interested in this. tagged for interest

Old 02-13-2008, 08:05 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by tecknical
i am definitely interested in this. tagged for interest
Just watch the thread-- I assume that wgnths will post when he can. Hope so. My back yard oak tree is waiting.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Banned
A little more info--
I called UMS Tuning (proposed future retailer of Ksport rear disc kit) and spoke to the mechanic who installed the kit on "wgnths" Fit. In any prototype, there are always minor corrections to be made and then incorporated into the machining specs for the production parts. That's the case here. The kit exists, it works, just needs a little more refinement to make sure new owners of production kits have no fitment issues.

I only post this info. to try to keep up interest in THIS kit, and keep people from paying more, and waiting (maybe) longer, for the other kit from Canada. In the market of customization and modification car parts, competition is good for the consumer.

Last edited by manxman; 02-14-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:27 PM
Dom
Thxs for the update!

I'm still waiting on a confirmed repsonse on replacement parts though.

If i'm stuck buying replacement rotors and pads through ksport or one of their distributors, that's a big IMO.

Quick Reply: KSport Rear Disc Kit