Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

KSport Rear Disc Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 02:50 PM
Banned
I will try to get that answered too. But just like all the mystery about the unreleased Kraftwerks S/C info., this brake kit still "does not exist" as a salable product. I'm due for another phone conversation with UMS today- will report any other info. that I can get.

I do wish that "wgnths" could provide more info.- I'm not directly involved in this yet so I don't know what details the marketers will tell me. "wgnths" is the only one with hard info., but he isn't on the boards much.

Old 02-14-2008, 03:32 PM
i apologize once again! i've been out of town for work, since friday.

basically, what UMS told you is where we stand. they sent us the wrong bracket for the new calipers. holes were slightly off.

however, other than that, this kit 100% exists! we bolted everything up, using a couple holes in the bracket and it looks great!

new calipers are oem honda units, so no need for wierd brake pads, worrying of quality or replacement parts. rotors are very very nice, 2pc, slotted units. this means, you can replace the rings and not have to buy a whole new rotor assembly.

i took a few pics, but unfortunately someone messed with my settings(rebel xt) and they are all blurry.

ksport re-measured everything and sent them off to make sure they are drilling out the brackets properly. hoping to get the new ones in a few days(production ones).

we also talked about ksport offering a nice, affordable front kit to go along with this rear. basically it will be a caliper relocation bracket and bigger 2pc rotors.

i'll update when we test fit the new part.

Old 02-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by Dom
Thxs for the update!

I'm still waiting on a confirmed repsonse on replacement parts though.

If i'm stuck buying replacement rotors and pads through ksport or one of their distributors, that's a big IMO.
i'm not sure why buying replacement rotors thru ksport would be a hassle i can't imagine a fit burning thru rear rotors that quickly anyways, but if new ones were needed, a simple call to ksport would get you them.

brake pads you can get anyplace, as the included calipers are honda units.

i've gone thru a few sets of rotors, front and back, on my subaru(brembo bbk) and i just order directly from brembo.

Old 02-14-2008, 04:06 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by wgnths
i apologize once again! i've been out of town for work, since friday.

basically, what UMS told you is where we stand. they sent us the wrong bracket for the new calipers. holes were slightly off.

however, other than that, this kit 100% exists! we bolted everything up, using a couple holes in the bracket and it looks great!

new calipers are oem honda units, so no need for wierd brake pads, worrying of quality or replacement parts. rotors are very very nice, 2pc, slotted units. this means, you can replace the rings and not have to buy a whole new rotor assembly.

i took a few pics, but unfortunately someone messed with my settings(rebel xt) and they are all blurry.

ksport re-measured everything and sent them off to make sure they are drilling out the brackets properly. hoping to get the new ones in a few days(production ones).

we also talked about ksport offering a nice, affordable front kit to go along with this rear. basically it will be a caliper relocation bracket and bigger 2pc rotors.

i'll update when we test fit the new part.
Thanks for the update- nice to hear from the "man in the middle". I agree that the need for replacement rotors/pads should not be a worry for anyone. Far less wear on the rears than the fronts. Why would you expect the marketers of a low-priced kit to rip you off if/when you need replacement parts? And again, with Honda parts IN the kit, buy replacements anywhere. My personal habit would be to stay loyal to Ksport/UMS until I feel that I am being cheated, and don't expect that to happen. But I'm in the state next door to AZ. Other parties are farther away = more shipping cost & longer delay.

Again wgnths, thank you for your efforts. The time delay has cost Ksport some customers- the ones sending deposits on the T1R kits that did not exist until the Skunk2 GB sank, and until this Ksport program had been in discussion for some time. Not your fault. Oh well, competition is good.

Old 02-14-2008, 04:11 PM
well, like i said, i have no vested interest either way. i'm sure the t1r stuff is nice. i can only comment on ksports, and that from what i've seen, the kit is high quality and can be purchased easily in the states.

i was surprised to see them offer it with the 2pc rotor! a definite upgrade!

Old 02-14-2008, 04:32 PM
Banned
The upgrade rotors trump the measly front braided SS brake line set being offered as part of the T1R rear kit.

Old 02-14-2008, 05:05 PM
When do you think we can get some pictures of this new baby?

Old 02-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by BlackCobra
When do you think we can get some pictures of this new baby?
Ditto. Hi Vincent!
wgnths- all other parties interested in this kit would REALLY like to see the kit on your car, with the wheel removed of course. Thanks very much in advance. However, I will order from UMS even without a photo preview as soon as they are taking orders. Your photos will generate many other orders.
Thanks in advance---
Dave

Old 02-14-2008, 05:19 PM
not like this thread really needed it but heres a bump anyways for interest

Old 02-14-2008, 05:33 PM
as soon as the new brackets arrive, and we test fit it again, i'll take good pics and post them. ksport took some pics of the kit off the car, but probably don't want to post them until it's avail. for sale.

Old 02-14-2008, 05:51 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by GeorgeC
not like this thread really needed it but heres a bump anyways for interest
See? Competition is good. A Canadian is watching both the T1R/A.J. Racing and the Ksport kit development.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:47 PM
Banned
I forgot- thanks for mentioning the improved FRONT brake parts being developed. When photos can be shot again, please, if possible, show the hardware that facilitates clamping the calipers with the stock E-brake cable. No biggie, but the Stainless Steel Brakes rear disc kit on my old Bronco could stop the truck with JUST the e-brake. I hope for something similar here. Not holding my breath, but a really effective e-brake would be great.

Old 02-17-2008, 03:45 AM
5 Year Member
I'm able to put the 50% deposit on the t1r's since I am on the list, but when are these going to be available....

I'm going to wait till the 22nd before I place my deposit with T1r, this Ksport one seems like it isn't ready for ordering yet, and I rather pay something, not think about it till it's ready, and pay the rest.

This would be like my Projectors, get my deposit, and core deposit in, and I just wait a few weeks, and presto, it's ready, and looks awesome (Smeister is awesome btw)

Old 02-17-2008, 11:58 PM
not sure when it will be officially for sale, but once the new bracket arrives and it fits, it will be ready right then. my kit was production ready, it came in the production box/packaging already. had they given the right bracket, it would have been for sale the next day!

this is the only pic that came out, after messing with it. just to show it really does exist. obviously the caliper isn't on in the pic.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:13 AM
5 Year Member
tagged for interest

Old 03-06-2008, 01:13 AM
5 Year Member
Is this post dead?? Any update??

Old 03-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by sy11580
Is this post dead?? Any update??
seriously...

Old 03-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Banned
Apparently it is (?)
Since the last post about the slightly incorrect prototype kit, I have called UMS Tuning 3 times- spoke to the mechanic who test fitted the prototype, and spoke twice with the shop manager, Jeremy. He tried several times to get info. from Ksport on when the correctly drilled caliper brackets would ship, and promised to call me back with info. both times. No phone call from Jeremy, but if he can't get info., no phone call is necessary.

I pushed Skunk2 hard, when that project was deserted, I then signed up for BOTH the T1R kit from Canada AND the Ksport kit.

I have changed my mind on any and all of these group buys that center around hardware made by slave labor in China. Several of our tech. oriented members are now working on a kit that uses Honda OEM parts. The only part that needs to be fabricated is the caliper bracket, and an adapter cable for the parking brake. Since I don't NEED rear discs, I am content to wait for the opportunity to buy properly made, reliable parts for this conversion.

No, I'm not going to tell you which fitfreaks are working on this so that they won't be needlessly pestered. But that research group just expanded by one more person.

The rest of you can buy whatever you want. I will cheerfully pay a higher price for products that do not cause death and disease in the workers who work as slaves to make them.

Think that the lead-based painted Chinese toys were dangerous to kids??? (Yes, they were). Now think about the laborers who are dead or dying from heavy metal poisoning who put the paint on the toys.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:25 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by manxman
Apparently it is (?)
Since the last post about the slightly incorrect prototype kit, I have called UMS Tuning 3 times- spoke to the mechanic who test fitted the prototype, and spoke twice with the shop manager, Jeremy. He tried several times to get info. from Ksport on when the correctly drilled caliper brackets would ship, and promised to call me back with info. both times. No phone call from Jeremy, but if he can't get info., no phone call is necessary.

I pushed Skunk2 hard, when that project was deserted, I then signed up for BOTH the T1R kit from Canada AND the Ksport kit.

I have changed my mind on any and all of these group buys that center around hardware made by slave labor in China. Several of our tech. oriented members are now working on a kit that uses Honda OEM parts. The only part that needs to be fabricated is the caliper bracket, and an adapter cable for the parking brake. Since I don't NEED rear discs, I am content to wait for the opportunity to buy properly made, reliable parts for this conversion.

No, I'm not going to tell you which fitfreaks are working on this so that they won't be needlessly pestered. But that research group just expanded by one more person.

The rest of you can buy whatever you want. I will cheerfully pay a higher price for products that do not cause death and disease in the workers who work as slaves to make them.

Think that the lead-based painted Chinese toys were dangerous to kids??? (Yes, they were). Now think about the laborers who are dead or dying from heavy metal poisoning who put the paint on the toys.
uhm... so can i haves teh rear bwakes now???

Old 03-06-2008, 11:33 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by REXXXXXXXXX
uhm... so can i haves teh rear bwakes now???
Ask T1R and Ksport.

Quick Reply: KSport Rear Disc Kit