Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

T1R Rear disc conversion GB ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by gettinafit
Not to get off topic on the Group Buy, but since people are discussing the T1R china made parts (Which MOST of them are)

Honda parts are Japanese made and US parts are twice the price! But by buying American we are supporting american workers and families and keeping our economy up! The US dollar is falling like crazy! Don't know if you know that! And the economy is in recession!

By buying everything in China (Like American Big Businesses and corporations) , They don't spread the savings on to us..., someone in another country is getting rich (factory owner) and we are losing jobs. And the Factory workers are kids and elderly and are paid next to nothing...... SO who's REALLY saving/making the money.... American Big Corporations! Or NORTH AMERICAN (including Canada) Big Corporations...... Get my point!
Yay! Another sensible person (but I already knew that about you). Thanks for the back-up.

Old 03-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by gettinafit
Not to get off topic on the Group Buy, but since people are discussing the T1R china made parts (Which MOST of them are)
Unfortunately, none of the T1R products are or were manufactured in China except me I am from HK while it was still the British colony dunno if that counts.

Old 03-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Manxman brought up a good point about the KSports and I'm curious about the T1R brake kit. Are these made in China like everything else?
I know ehere K-Sport came from but I have no comment on that.

Manxman brought up a good point about the KSports and I'm curious about the T1R brake kit. Are these made in China like everything else?
My reply might dissappoint you, T1R parts are NOT made in China and they never will except I get the Nike Factory there to make shoes and SOLD under T1R brand in the future

Old 03-07-2008, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AJ PwR Jr.

My reply might dissappoint you, T1R parts are NOT made in China and they never will except I get the Nike Factory there to make shoes and SOLD under T1R brand in the future
So are you saying all your parts are made in Japan or some MIT?

MIT = made in Taiwan
Taiwan = ROC = Republic of China

Old 03-07-2008, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member

Great news! Thanks for the response. Hmmm Nike TIR's...I like it

Old 03-07-2008, 05:45 PM
I didn't want my reply to come off too harsh, it just seemed like you guys were trying to discredit the quality of the parts and such, which wouldn't have been cool, ya know?
So should we start a group buy for T1R Shoes then?

Old 03-07-2008, 06:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AlRedCar
I didn't want my reply to come off too harsh, it just seemed like you guys were trying to discredit the quality of the parts and such, which wouldn't have been cool, ya know?
I'm not discrediting anything. For an FYI lots of major brands are made in Taiwan, and even most of the big names are MIT. Lots of people just don't know it, and they don't readily advertise it to keep profit margains.

Almost all SS exhausts are MIT, along with intercooler, manifold etc. Not discrediting and not justifying in any way.

Many Japanese companies can't justify the manufacturing cost in Japan and need to move over to Taiwan, Korea, and China. Individuals working at these Japanese companies learn the information then make their own brand with the same quality then build up their names over the years. Hence why where it's made has nothing to do with it, it's all based on the quality and details the company wants to put into their produces.

Good examples is Koyo radiators. This is a very big Japanese company that makes OE radiators, as well as aftermarket. They make some of the full Aluminum radiators in Japan, but the high volume stuff are all made in Indonesia. Why? labor, and customs cost. Same quality of work, and same company just made in a different location.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:27 PM
Banned

Thanks very much for your reply. My "nudge" was misunderstood by some, but not you. "Lack of reply" would indicate something best kept secret. There is no lack of reply = no secrets. Very good information.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:35 PM
I realize that "Made In China" doesn't always mean a low quality product (my employer actually has turbochargers manufactured there) it's just that it seems like that conception has historically been a bad implication, kind of an indication of lower quality and the like. In any case, I didn't mean to step on toes or anything, I just read the initial remark as a bit off-putting, but I guess I read too much into it. Pobody's nerfect.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by AlRedCar
I realize that "Made In China" doesn't always mean a low quality product (my employer actually has turbochargers manufactured there) it's just that it seems like that conception has historically been a bad implication, kind of an indication of lower quality and the like. In any case, I didn't mean to step on toes or anything, I just read the initial remark as a bit off-putting, but I guess I read too much into it. Pobody's nerfect.
's okay. As previously posted by several people, in this and the Ksport disc brake thread, the main concern is that sometimes even good quality comes at the expense of, and by the factory ignoring, the health and welfare of the cheap labor force. As the saying goes: "Everything rolls downhill- don't get in the way". Chinese factory workers are at the bottom.

Old 03-08-2008, 02:31 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by ToyotaLover
So are you saying all your parts are made in Japan or some MIT?

MIT = made in Taiwan
Taiwan = ROC = Republic of China
I gotta be honest to it, not all T1R parts are made in Japan.

Back to topic, we did out source a lot parts from other countries. Our rear disc brake conversion kit, calipers are made by Nissin (Japan) , rotors are made in USA and the spindles are made in Canada......yes made in Canada

Thanks very much for your reply. My "nudge" was misunderstood by some, but not you. "Lack of reply" would indicate something best kept secret. There is no lack of reply = no secrets. Very good information.
Not trying to give you guys excuses.... I am the one one at the shop who takes care of all the work including floor sweeping, clean, phone calls, orders, paper work ..etc. but I am trying to respond the quickest I can.

Not saying everything made in China is bad. I have seen superb quality shoes, bads and clothing but when it comes to Automotive parts, they don't have the technique to make and to develop at the moment. The best parts that I ever seen that is made in China is HIDs

Old 03-10-2008, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member
Unfortunately, none of the T1R products are or were manufactured in China except me I am from HK while it was still the British colony dunno if that counts.
I am made in HK too!

Old 03-10-2008, 08:39 AM
5 Year Member
Count me in the GB ben. Thanks.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:54 AM
Retired Moderator
Quality is starting to go up in China now that they are addressing human rights issues and adopting international ISO standards into their manufacturing processes. In the oil & gas industry, one of the most well known and widely used and trusted pump jacks is made by Lufkin. Decades ago, all of their pump jacks were made in the USA and many people still think they are. However, what they don't realize is that the pump jacks are manufactured in China now and then shipped in pieces to the US and assembled for shipment around the world! They are still the best pump jack around and are reliable past their maximum load! Other manufacturers cannot be overloaded and the pump jack would start to "walk" away from the skid if you overloaded it haha...

Old 03-10-2008, 10:26 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Illusive
Quality is starting to go up in China now that they are addressing human rights issues and adopting international ISO standards into their manufacturing processes. In the oil & gas industry, one of the most well known and widely used and trusted pump jacks is made by Lufkin. Decades ago, all of their pump jacks were made in the USA and many people still think they are. However, what they don't realize is that the pump jacks are manufactured in China now and then shipped in pieces to the US and assembled for shipment around the world! They are still the best pump jack around and are reliable past their maximum load! Other manufacturers cannot be overloaded and the pump jack would start to "walk" away from the skid if you overloaded it haha...
you can tell alot about the craftsmanship of a country by what kind of scaffolding they use. ive been to china, they use scaffolding made of bamboo tied together with string. there are constantly reports of those scaffolding structures falling and impailing people. in japan, they used tripple reinforced aluminum scaffolding.

btw, are these brakes going to be available for a whille or is this a one time production run?

Old 03-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Retired Moderator
I think they will be available for a while, but the discounted price won't. And the Chinese have been using Bamboo scaffolding for centuries...

Old 03-10-2008, 10:52 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Illusive
I think they will be available for a while, but the discounted price won't. And the Chinese have been using Bamboo scaffolding for centuries...
my point being is that china needs to (and is starting to) embrace new industrial technology.

good to know that these brakes will be available for a while. is there going to maybe be a two piece rotor option?

Old 03-10-2008, 10:59 AM
Retired Moderator
The materials used is only as good as the people who put them up. Doesn't matter if you are using reinforced aluminum or thick walled carbon steel, failures will occur. It's definitely more sturdy than bamboo, but I think it is a great use of natural resources and costs next to nothing. I don't think it is economically viable for construction companies to spend so much on scaffolding. Why doesn't everyone forge wheels? Not everyone can afford these high tech technologies and will continue to use cheaper casting methods.

Old 03-18-2008, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
So when will we see the brake kit at our home?

Old 03-20-2008, 01:09 PM
Is this GB still good? Thanks.

Quick Reply: T1R Rear disc conversion GB ?