Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

Fitfreak Microfiber Detail Kits

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 10:44 PM
Thanks Tyler. Even with the pressure you came through for us

I believe. Put me down for a sport package (since I'll PROBABLY have to share

Old 03-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by TOOL
Ok as promised, heres my review of Tonys Microfiber.
Right when i got it i was SHOCKED at how much i got and how it was packaged , very profesionaly done. Then you open them up and they realy do feel super high quality and NICE! They felt much nicer then any other microfiber product ive ever felt. I was pleasently suprised with whole overall package.
We use them for everything! From dusting, to car washing they get the job done with ease. My mom is in love with them and has been using them 24/7 around the house ever since we got them. She gave them an "excellent" review and was also shocked at how much better they are then "regular" microfiber. I have one in my Fit, for interior detail. It works super in there! It gets all the dust, and other little particles off the dash and even seats haha. Then car washing with was great, they did a awesome job! And even with the Fits horrible paint they didnt leave ANY signs of swirl action on the paint. I though that was awesome!
Overall we give them 2 HUGE thumbs up! They are a super product, and for the price, i dont think you can find better. I dont think you can find better even for far more exspensive.
And just to let everyone know, im not talking good about them just because i want to be Tonys friend, and appear like a nice person. I was a "tester" of his product and i would be the first to let him know of any problems or issues. If his product sucked, i would straight up tell the guy. All of what i said is 100% true and my honest opinion.

One thing to note- My mom tried to cut one of the large dark green ones up into smaller pieces. Thats a bad move. Do not attempt to cut them into smaller sizes, it will result in one less towel. They shed and it just ends up all bad.
So note, in the pics we are down one larger green one.

We are going to reffer these towels to all our friends! You just get an overall SUPER package from Tony.
These are perfect for all of us FitFreakers to detail our cars, and to keep our Fits look good as new!

If you guys want any specific pics up close of a certain item here, let me know and ill get right on it for you!

Peace!
Tyler
WOW....nice write-up Tyler! Glad my microfiber was a hit.....and yes please do not cut any microfiber towel as it is circular or warped weaved together and bonded.....cutting = death!
I am awaiting my PAYPAL through my company......stay tuned everyone!

Old 03-20-2008, 11:04 PM
wow.. pretty good pricing.. will be in on this once you've confirmed shipping to Canada

Old 03-20-2008, 11:11 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by Canadian_R32
wow.. pretty good pricing.. will be in on this once you've confirmed shipping to Canada

U got it....working on "Illusive's" as well! Give me a day or so....please stay tuned.

thx tonyd

Old 03-21-2008, 04:44 AM
This not only will sound dense but sad overall-

1)I use water
2)then I use soapy water with a sponge
3)I then rinse
4)If its a lovely day (as in sun out) I bust out my yellow synthetic chamois/shammy for the "spirit" of the drying festivus

I have only used microfiber on lenses, where they are just fantastically
swell. But those microfiber cloths that I have used look a gazzillion times more like a shammy than like a towel or the ones you are promoting.

So other than a very sophisticated duster can I or should I use this in place of the shammy??? Shammys are wicked good at absorbing water, how would this compare? Would it be safer on the cars finish? Can I quickly wring it out like a shammy or is it wet forever like a regular towel?

so many questions so little time...
I honestly would know more if I ever remembered to wash my vehicles.

Last edited by Snap Fit; 03-21-2008 at 04:45 AM. Reason: why not...it gives me something to do...
Old 03-21-2008, 05:16 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
i use micro fiber cloths for the drips you get after washing from the door handles and the side view mirrors. also they are thee best for waxing and polishing. although i am very very picky about what i use on my car, i will have to feel one of tyler's micro fiber cloths and if the texture suits me, im in for some of these.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:06 AM
5 Year Member
tonyd, am i being ignored here in the UK?? no reply to my previous post!!

Old 03-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by Snap Fit
This not only will sound dense but sad overall-

1)I use water
2)then I use soapy water with a sponge
3)I then rinse
4)If its a lovely day (as in sun out) I bust out my yellow synthetic chamois/shammy for the "spirit" of the drying festivus

I have only used microfiber on lenses, where they are just fantastically
swell. But those microfiber cloths that I have used look a gazzillion times more like a shammy than like a towel or the ones you are promoting.

So other than a very sophisticated duster can I or should I use this in place of the shammy??? Shammys are wicked good at absorbing water, how would this compare? Would it be safer on the cars finish? Can I quickly wring it out like a shammy or is it wet forever like a regular towel?

so many questions so little time...
I honestly would know more if I ever remembered to wash my vehicles.
Hey Snap Fit-
It's great to hear you have a little experience with microfiber! The sponge is a problem though.....unfortunetly it has no where for the dirt, dust and particles to go....therefore you will be to see swirl marks down the road!
My suggestion is to only use microfiber on your car.....it is the only 100% non-abrasive cloth to use.
Synthetic chamois are also abrasive on surfaces, including cars! The shammy we at MIMA TOWEL have manufactured is 100% non abrasive. The microfiber shammy will stay soft, unlike the traditional chamois.
The microfiber shammy can also be machine washed to clean......try that with your traditional chamois .
THX for your interest!

Old 03-21-2008, 10:21 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by kelsodeez
i use micro fiber cloths for the drips you get after washing from the door handles and the side view mirrors. also they are thee best for waxing and polishing. although i am very very picky about what i use on my car, i will have to feel one of tyler's micro fiber cloths and if the texture suits me, im in for some of these.
Hey kelsodeez-
Thanks for your interest in my microfiber product! I am sure you will NOT find another product like it on the market. Stay tuned!!

Old 03-21-2008, 10:23 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by jezzy's jazz
tonyd, am i being ignored here in the UK?? no reply to my previous post!!
Hi-
Working on pricing to ship to UK.....as we speak. I am looking to get this underway next week....please stay tuned for your details. Thanks for your interest

Old 03-21-2008, 10:34 AM
Cool Information

Hey Everyone-
I wanted to list all of the benefits my microfiber offers:

*CLEANS GREAT WITH OR WITHOUT THE USE OF CHEMICALS
*ABSORBS 7 X IT'S WEIGHT IN WATER
*10 TO 1 LIFESPAN OVER COTTON PRODUCTS
*LINT-FREE
*STREAK-FREE
*100% NON ABRASIVE
*PROHIBITS THE GROWTH OF BACTERIA
*FREE RINSING
*REDUCED DRYING TIME WITH SPOT FREE FINISH
*GREAT ON GLASS
*AIR DRY OR MACHINE WASH IN HALF THE TIME AS COTTON PRODUCTS

*All in all.....MIMA's microfiber is superior because of the 70/30 blend and our untouched 0.02 denier split on the microfiber's. We manufacture this product to make your life easier.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:50 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
i will have to feel one of tyler's micro fiber cloths and if the texture suits me, im in for some of these.
Yeah dude, i have all next week off for spring break so if you want to get together hit me up! Ill be sure to bring a few towels for you to check out!

Tyler

Old 03-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Smile Microfiber Washing Instructions

Hey Everyone-
I wanted to post some washing instructions for my microfiber products.
Microfiber was created to make our lifes easier and one of the best features about microfiber is the longevity & durabity of the product over like fabrics...cotton & lambs wool.
Washing microfiber as follows:

*Only wash "microfiber" products together. Do not mix any other fabric with them due to the fact of lint. All of your microfiber towels will pick up lint from the cotton products and you will be left with a linty microfiber towel! PLEASE WASH MICROFIBER WITH MICROFIBER...NOTHING ELSE!

*Secondly please understand when you purchase a darker color (Navy Blue) microfiber towel that it will need to be washed seperatly from lighter microfiber towels (yellow) for a couple washes.
Same concept when you buy a new dark shirt.....try washing that with your lights . After about 2 to 3 seperate like color washes...all microfibers...dark n light can be washed together.

*Wash microfiber on a warm water setting with a mild detergent.
I use TIDE....FYI. DO NOT USE FABRIC SOFTNER!!!!

*Remove clean microfibers from washer and place in the dryer.
NO DRYER SHEETS!!!! Select a cool / warm setting and microfiber should be ready and dry depending on load size in 15 minutes.

MIMA TOWEL has gone through testing wash cycles.....our product has been through 500 to 600 normal wash cycles....FYI.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tonyd3773
Hey Everyone-
I wanted to post some washing instructions for my microfiber products.
Microfiber was created to make our lifes easier and one of the best features about microfiber is the longevity & durabity of the product over like fabrics...cotton & lambs wool.
Washing microfiber as follows:

*Only wash "microfiber" products together. Do not mix any other fabric with them due to the fact of lint. All of your microfiber towels will pick up lint from the cotton products and you will be left with a linty microfiber towel! PLEASE WASH MICROFIBER WITH MICROFIBER...NOTHING ELSE!

*Secondly please understand when you purchase a darker color (Navy Blue) microfiber towel that it will need to be washed seperatly from lighter microfiber towels (yellow) for a couple washes.
Same concept when you buy a new dark shirt.....try washing that with your lights . After about 2 to 3 seperate like color washes...all microfibers...dark n light can be washed together.

*Wash microfiber on a warm water setting with a mild detergent.
I use TIDE....FYI. DO NOT USE FABRIC SOFTNER!!!!

*Remove clean microfibers from washer and place in the dryer.
NO DRYER SHEETS!!!! Select a cool / warm setting and microfiber should be ready and dry depending on load size in 15 minutes.

MIMA TOWEL has gone through testing wash cycles.....our product has been through 500 to 600 normal wash cycles....FYI.
Just an FYI from someone who's been trained by a detailer at an early age, employed as a detailer, and prepped many show cars.

The above washing directions apply to ALL of your car washing supplies regardless of material. Fabric softeners and dryer sheets leave a film on the material that can cause streaks. Ever dried your car and was left with streaks or swirls? It was probably the fabric softener.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:09 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by GAFIT
Just an FYI from someone who's been trained by a detailer at an early age, employed as a detailer, and prepped many show cars.

The above washing directions apply to ALL of your car washing supplies regardless of material. Fabric softeners and dryer sheets leave a film on the material that can cause streaks. Ever dried your car and was left with streaks or swirls? It was probably the fabric softener.
I need to post my instructions to cover all points. This sales process would not be complete without me posting it!
Understanding it applies to alot of other detailing items, we are discussing microfiber. Fabric Softner does not leave a film...it clogs the fillaments in microfiber and the fibers cannot release it from it's clogged pores.
You stand correct....fabric softner on a microfiber towel will leave streaks on glass and other surfaces.
PLEASE DO NOT USE FABRIC SOFTNER WITH MICROFIBER

Old 03-21-2008, 02:53 PM
Hey thanks for your response. So just for clarification does the microfiber absorb comparitively more, less, or the same as a chamois?

Ohhh and from the day I got my fit from the dealer (those BASTARDS...hahaa) my NBP's paint has looked like a fresnel lens .

So...
1- microfiber mit instead of the sponge
2- microfiber towel instead of chamois for drying/absorption
3- microfiber towel for dusting instead of a duster and or damp cloth
4- microfiber towel for waxing as opposed to...
5- microfiber towel for polishing/buffing as opposed to...

correct?

Old 03-21-2008, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
Hey thanks for your response. So just for clarification does the microfiber absorb comparitively more, less, or the same as a chamois?

Ohhh and from the day I got my fit from the dealer (those BASTARDS...hahaa) my NBP's paint has looked like a fresnel lens .

So...

correct?
Tony might have a different opinion than me (and I haven't tried his microfiber), but the ONLY thing that I prefer cotton for is wax application. The microfiber is TOO good at keeping ahold of things and doesn't spread the wax as evenly IMHO.

Everything else...glass cleaning, drying, polishing, spray detailing, etc...microfiber is king in my book.

Old 03-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Smile

So...

correct?
Hey SnapFit-
Any of my microfiber product will do the same job. For example this morning I washed my FIT. I used one of my 16x16 microfiber towels to scrub the dirt off, rinsed the car then took 2 16x16 microfiber towels and dryed my FIT.
Any of my products can be used in any situation.....it all 100% non abrasive, will absorb a ton of water, cleans windows and glass without chemical.
You decided how you want to use my products.....if you decide you want to use the shammy to absorb the water...use the shammy. If you wanna use a 24x36 microfiber towel....use the 24x36 microfiber towel......IN THE END YOUR INVESTMENT WILL SHINE!!!
I hope this helps clarify abit.

1.Use any of my microfiber products instead of that sponge
2.Use my shammy or towels for drying and absorbtion
3.Use any of my microfiber towels or mitt to clean your dusting
4.Any of my towels will be perfect for applying wax
5.Any of my towels will be perfect for buffing applications

In ending, you use it the way you want too! My product is all created equal so it will all do a GREAT job.

Old 03-21-2008, 05:18 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by GAFIT
Tony might have a different opinion than me (and I haven't tried his microfiber), but the ONLY thing that I prefer cotton for is wax application. The microfiber is TOO good at keeping ahold of things and doesn't spread the wax as evenly IMHO.

Everything else...glass cleaning, drying, polishing, spray detailing, etc...microfiber is king in my book.
I disagree 100% with you GAFIT! Cotton is a horrible product to use as it has thick fat fibers that only push around dust, dirt and grime. As oppossed to microfiber that traps dirt, dust and grime up inside the towel away from the surface. In addition cotton does not release stains like microfiber. Therefore leaving you with a dingy, black cotton rag .
Eventually you will begin to see swirl marks on your car from using anything but my microfiber product! As far as wax application ALL n EVERY professional detailer I know.....uses microfiber to apply wax and I deal with alot of the large players.
IN ENDING AGAIN I WILL SAY.....MICROFIBER IS THE ONLY 100% NON ABRASIVE MATERIAL TO USE......WHY DAMAGE YOUR INVESTMENT!

Thank again for your interest GAFIT

Old 03-21-2008, 05:54 PM
Smile Microfiber Pictures

SINGLE MICROFIBER STRAND vs. SINGLE HUMAN HAIR

A SINGLE MICROFIBER STRAND!!

THIS PICTURE SHOWS HOW A COTTON TOWEL / RAG DRAGS DIRT, DUST & GRIME ACROSS A SURFACE. NOTICE THE THICK FIBERS LEAVING THE DUST & DIRT ON THE SURFACE.
THE OTHER FIBER IS A MICROFIBER....AND IT SHOWS IN DETAIL EXACTLY HOW IS WORKS!! FYI THE MICRO STRAND IS ON THE LEFT...LOL!

I hope this helps a little better everyone. STAY TUNED

Last edited by tonyd3773; 03-21-2008 at 06:00 PM. Reason: WORD EDIT

Quick Reply: Fitfreak Microfiber Detail Kits